“Some feedback”

Ranked #48 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Graham County, NC
“Some feedback”
Reviewed 22 October 2008

I don't really have much to add, but I know that I check Trip Advisor all the time and see so many reviews that I don't know what to believe sometimes.

The bottom line is that this is a nice hotel. Not 5-star, but good value for the money, especially if you can book with a discount or promotional code.

I was here on a weeknight for business, and it met my needs just fine.

Comfort Inn in general seems to be the ultimate "as advertised - no surprises hotel."

I know I'm not sharing many details here, but that's my point. It was a good stay at a decent hotel, and I'd have no problem coming back again. I thought maybe that'd help people on the fence.

• Stayed October 2008
1 Thank Scott_Copperman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Atlanta
Reviewed 19 October 2008

A combination of positive reviews coupled with a nice discount through AAA, I decided to book this hotel for a one night stayover in Knoxville.
I was greeted at the front desk by pleasant personnel who took the time to point out some amenities of the hotel. Once inside the room, I was impressed by the cleanliness of the room, and the bed was also as others had reviewed: much higher quality than one would expect from a middle-of-the-road chain. The air unit appeared to be ordinary, but digital functions and a quiet motor again was a higher quality than expected. The front desk also suggested dining at the steak place next door ("It's a little pricey, but worth it") and their suggestion was well rewarded.
The breakfast area was very nice and friendly, and the food quality and selection was very good.
The only thing I can say negative (and the reason this isn't five starts and only four) is the water pressure in the shower. While it might seem minor, you can't beat a good strong shower when you're tired - and this wasn't one of them. If I could give it 4.5 stars, I would. The ice machine on my end of the floor was out of service, but hey - that's very much a minor inconvenience.
I did not have a chance to take advantage of the jacuzzi, but if work brings me through the area again, I will definitely plan on it.
Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel and will come back whenever in town.

• Liked — Great bed and quiet a/c provided a great night's rest
  • Disliked — average shower
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
Newry
Reviewed 4 July 2008

this hotel was clean and the rooms were well furnished and to a high standard, the hotel had heated swimming pool, saunna, hot tub and gym. The price included breakfast and suttle to the airport. Excellent value for money and would stay again.

• Liked — Pool area.
  • Disliked — Not a lot to do in surrounding area.
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
Southern Belle in Tennessee
Reviewed 4 May 2008

My husband was having knee replacement surgery at Park West Medical Center which is about 40-50 miles from home. Rather than driving back and forth or me staying with him in his room not getting rest, we decided that I would stay at the Comfort.
The lady who handled the reservation was courteous and very helpful. I found the property to be lovely, a haven just off the interstate. The staff at check-in was very helpful.
I admit, when I first walked into the room, I thought it seemed like it needed a bit of a facelift -- some plaster was missing on the wall in the bathroom, but that was the only problem! The room was clean. Very clean. Even the carpet. Walking around in white socks didn't yield black ones!
I was delighted to find a sliding glass door that opened onto a small balcony that opened out into the courtyard complete with waterfall fountain. How lovely to sit in the fresh air and enjoy a book and barely hear the traffic from the interstate.
The next morning, I found a breakfast bar to rival a restaurant. Bacon, sausage, eggs, biscuits & gravy, cereal, packets of oatmeal and grits, bagels, muffins, waffles, fruit juices, milk and coffee! It was wonderful!
One other note about the room. The bed was comfortable, not rock hard. The king sized bed had five deliciously soft and fluffy pillows -- the kind that make you want to burrow your head back into them when the alarm goes off. The towels and washclothes were amazing, too. No rough & scratchy linens in this place. They were so soft and absorbent.
This is the kind of family hotel you hope to find wherever you go.

• Liked — Cleanliness, soft towels & pillows and breakfast
  • Disliked — Shower pressure wasn't the best, but tolerable
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled solo
2 Thank SBelleTN
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 29 December 2006

We stayed at this hotel while passing through Knoxville on our way to Memphis, TN. Since the last review was from 2005, we weren't too sure about staying here, but to our pleasant surprise, this hotel really isn't bad. They are in the process of updating, so there are a lot of new features (carpet, furniture, curtains) but some old features still exist (HVAC units, the pool/center court area). We stayed in a King suite (1 bathroom, 1 bedroom and a living room/kitchen area). The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. The low ceilings in the hotel make the room seem a little dark, but overall, it was a nice room. Breakfast was great and the lobby area is nice. If you have trouble sleeping with noise, ask for a room at the front of the hotel, as the back rooms are very close to the interstate. We'd stay here again.

• Liked — Very clean, comfortable bed, great breakfast
  • Disliked — low ceilings in the room, lack of decoration in the rooms
  • Tips/Secrets — Ask for a room near the lobby to avoid the noise of the interstate
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled as a couple
Tennessee
Reviewed 21 November 2005

My husband and I stayed at the Clubhouse Inn Veteran's Day weekend. I was leary of staying there after reading some of the reviews posted here. We were pleasantly surprised by the condition of our room and the hotel in general. Granted, it is not comparable to the Hilton or any other high dollar hotel, but for the money this hotel satisfied us, and that's usually hard to do. If you're a hearty breakfast eater, you will be satisfied with the sausage, gravy, biscuits, eggs, and waffles. We enjoyed our stay here and would definitely stay there again.

Stayed November 2005
1 Thank TennesseeAng
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 November 2005

My husband and I stayed at this hotel a year ago and thought it was great. When we stayed in October of 2005, it was looking run down and old. We stayed in the side of hotel facing the freeway (even though we requested to be away from it), so I'm not sure if some of the hotel has been renevated and some hasn't. I suspect that we stayed in a newer area last year and an older part this year. Anyway, the carpet was old, the mattress sagged - there was a huge valley in the middle of it - and the bathroom looked pretty gross. The 'secure' entry door from the parking lot did not latch, so there was no security whatsoever. We brought this to the attention of the hotel staff the first night we were there, but hadn't been fixed by the time we left three days later. Needless to say, we were not impressed and won't be staying again. Knoxville provides too many other options.

• Stayed October 2005