“Econo Lodge is top notch!”
Review of Econo Lodge North

Econo Lodge North
Ranked #54 of 86 Hotels in Knoxville
philadelphia
“Econo Lodge is top notch!”
Reviewed 18 October 2006

Hello all, I recently stayed at the Econo Lodge North for a second time and both visits were excellent. The hotel is located in an area that makes traveling to and from downtown very easy. The staff was very pleasent. The room was super clean both times and most of their stuff seems new or like new. I would recomend this hotel to anyone looking for a cheep and clean place to stay. The only complaints I have were that quite a few of the rooms seemed to be rent to day laborers, who were in and out of their rooms at all hours of the night, so there was some door slamming and knocks on the neighbors door at 2 in the morning. Also like others have said there is alot of motorcycle traffic on the road to the front of the hotel, but nothing that seemed to overwelming. But all in all it was a great stay and I'm planning on staying there again on my next trip!

Stayed September 2006
5 Thank civicvandal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 11 August 2006

For a value priced chain (Econo Lodge), this hotel was one of the best that I have ever stayed at. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the furnishings were nearly new, the towels were soft, the window shade blocked out most of the external light, and the room had a microwave and a good sized frig. Overall, an excellent stay at a very reasonable
price.

5 Thank BPGG
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 26 July 2006

I was a bit skeptical at first, my business partner forgot to book me a room at the Holiday Inn Express (where we have a national account), so I found this Econo Lodge at the last minute, while I was driving around.
This place was well worth the money. Amenities like Wireless Internet, recently renovated rooms with new furniture, new light fixtures (the rooms are very bright), granite vanity tops, comfortable beds, and a nice size desk, I was quite impressed. My room also had a dorm-size fridge and microwave.
For breakfast, they had free coffee and mini-muffins in the lobby. My only advice: Get a room on the opposite side of Interstate 75, because this motel is at the bottom of a decent-size hill, and you constantly hear Jake Brakes, from trucks. Also, on the Interstate side of the motel, is a frontage road, leading to a bar popular to bikers, so it can be pretty noisy.
The motel was within short walking distance to many chain restaurants, and fast food joints. Also, you get free daily passes to a nearby health club, equipped w/a pool, weights, raquetball, plus much more.

Stayed July 2006
7 Thank Favre440
Folcroft, PA
Reviewed 24 April 2006

Never stayed at a EL before and did because of the reviews on this site. It was a nice place to stay for a couple of nights. The staff was helpful. The only problem was the socked in the room didn't work and I had to go looking for a blow dryer in another room, which I did and I reported it. I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed April 2006
5 Thank blondiex46
Beaverton,OR
Reviewed 23 February 2006

Recently had the occasion to stay in Knoxville. Booked online (which ended up being the only negative as they booked us into a smoking room. But staff was very courteous in changing the room. Also, very courteous when I called to add an additional night. Property looks to have been recently renovated. Nice touches of armoire for tv and microfridge, wireless internet connection, crown molding, bathroom recently redone was a very nice touch.) Another nice touch was free use of adjacent health club. Staff very friendly. Location is very convenient. Easy access to UT (5-10 minutes). Many nationwide restaurants within walking distance. Could have had a little more on its continental breakfast menu, but that's nitpicking. And considering the price, it was a real bargain. Couldn't have asked for better. Note: property is close to the freeway and quietest rooms would be on the side facing away from the freeway.

• Stayed February 2006, travelled on business
6 Thank m61177k
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 February 2006

First trip to Knoxville and booked online. We called ahead to let the hotel know we would be arriving at 1am. They held our room despite the no vacancy sign we saw when we drove up.

Hotel was much nicer than what I expected at this price point. Close to the freeway, but far enough away not to hear it. Continental breakfast until 10am. Several restaurant chains and fast food eateries within in walking distance. Strip mall across the street. Fast access to UT.

Our non-smoking room was clean and had no smell. It appeared to be recently renovated. Even the caulk around the tub was gleaming. New wallpaper in the room and bath. The towels were very white, not spotted and did not smell of bleach. The beds were comfortable and the pillows were especially nice. There was a small microwave and refridgerator. They were both spotless. It snowed while we were there and the heating system proved more than adequate.

As with even the higher priced hotels the clock radio was tinny. The shampoo packet was inadequate for shoulder lenght hair. Two packets would have been nice since two were registered to the room.

We decided on return trips to Knoxville this was OUR hotel.

A & J

• Stayed February 2006
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Memphis, TN
Reviewed 2 October 2005

Stayed 2 nights at this hotel for UT football game. Usually stay on the strip but, those hotels are over $200 a night during football weekend. We were very pleased this location was nice, food establishments in walking distance and right off the interstate. It only took us 5 minutes to get to the UT campus gameday. The rooms and facility were immaculate. I don't know if they just renovated or what but, we were more than satisfied for the $$$ we paid. There were also other football fans staying. For 2 ladies traveling on their own we felt very safe and well accommodated. Will definately be our hotel of choice in the future!!!!

7 Thank travellingalone