“One of the best in Knoxville.”
Review of Hilton Knoxville

Hilton Knoxville
Ranked #22 of 86 Hotels in Knoxville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Denver, Colorado
“One of the best in Knoxville.”
Reviewed 10 April 2011

This is a nice hotel for a business trip. The room was quiet and comfortable. I stayed on the club floor and have to say the breakfast and hors d'oeurves weren't all that great in quality, but there was sufficient quantity. The staff is very nice.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
pjordan2024, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, 28 April 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Knoxville hotel for your travel needs, and for your feedback. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and the experience with our associates. As a team we take great pride in the fact that we strive to be a leader in the industry in the area of guest service. This is only possible if we listen to valued guests such as you. I assure you that both I and our talented Executive Chef will take the time to review our offerings provided in the Concierge Lounge and make any necessary adjustments. I am confident that we can make the improvements that will bring that area of the hotel up to meet your expectations. Thank you again for choosing our hotel and I look forward to serving you in the future.

Paul

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Abington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 April 2011

The comfortable rooms, large, luxurious lobby, and welcoming staff have made this a favorite place to stop on our way to visit friends in the West. All staff was outstanding- alert, friendly, and competent, they made us feel at home. Very comfortable bed, well laid-out rooms, although the decor in our room this time was a bit shabby - wall covering pealing in places especially the bathroom, and the shower controller was difficult to use - probably overdue for the renovations which had already graced our previous rooms. As usual, we had a wonderful dinner at the lobby gourmet restaurant, Marty's Cafe, and a breakfast buffet with a wide selection of quality foods and made-to-order omelets, among the best we've encountered. Love this hotel. Easy on and off the highway, too.

Room Tip: Ask for a high up view of the river.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feed back on the Hilton Knoxville hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We take great pride in our hotel and the service that we provide. You will be pleased to know that we will begin further renovations this year and will continue the project into the coming year as we work to maintain the level expected by our valued clients. Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to serving you in the future.

Paul
Tullahoma, Tennessee
Reviewed 27 March 2011

I would never stay at this hotel again. We requested a NON SMOKING ROOM and did not get what we reserved. We had prepaid so we had to stay and the management was not helptul AT ALL. I would NEVER stay at this property again.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feed back on our hotel. Although we do not enjoy hearing of negative experiences, guest feed back is vital to our industry and appreciated in all cases by our hotel. Allow me to sincerely apologize for the experience you had. I fully understand that being in a smoking room when it is not your desired choice does have impact on your ability to enjoy your stay. It is always our desire to accommodate guest room type preference since it is so vital to their travel needs. We will review our preparation for coming arrivals to ensure we are doing all that we can do to allow our guests to enjoy the room type that fits their needs. Please rest assured that we are committed guest service and strive to exceed our guest’s expectations. It is clear that we did not achieve this goal in your experience and for that I again offer my sincere apology. I trust that we have another opportunity to serve you on your future visits to Knoxville, TN.

Paul Jordan
Orlando
Reviewed 22 February 2011

Gym has a full set of weight machines, free weights, and of course tredmill/elipticals.
Also great fast wifi for free.
Great staff too!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
HiltonKnoxville, Director of Sales at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, 24 February 2011
Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay at the Hilton Knoxville. We are so pleased that you enjoyed the fitness center and your stay with us! We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Knoxville! Please call me if I can be of assistance.

North Carolina Mountains, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 February 2011

Easily the worst stay at a Hilton I've ever had. Couldnt sleep the first night due to the noise coming from the hall. Investigated further in the morning and discovered there were 3" gaps under all the doors. I took photographs of the rooms occupants from outside. The fronts desk didnt seem at all concerned. This hotel could be a perverts heaven.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank eodgypsy
HiltonKnoxville, Director of Sales at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, 18 February 2011
I wanted to personally thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us last April. On behalf of the entire staff of the hotel, I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with our guest room doors that have since been corrected. In 2010, we installed all-new “quiet close” guest room doors with flaps that lower when the door is closed. Thank you for staying with us; we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of assistance.
<Fran Owen, CHSP / Director of Sales & Marketing / Hilton Knoxville>
Cleveland, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 December 2010

My husband and I traveled to Knoxville for our 21st anniversary to watch our favorite college teams compete against each other. As this was a well known rivalry game in the the south, we expected a lot of noise along with less than the best in accomodations. The Knoxville Hilton exceeded our expectations by having our room ready to check in prior to game time. The room was clean, comfortable and nicely furnished. The noise levels were low and the staff even sent a complimentary fruit and champagne service to our room to celebrate our Anniversary. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
HiltonKnoxville, Director of Sales at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, 3 January 2011
Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay at the Hilton Knoxville. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Knoxville!

Munich, Germany
Reviewed 5 November 2010

I stayed for several days, being in town for a convention. The room was spotless, I can only praise the daily housekeeping, and the room condition was excellent. Wireless network access available free of charge, with an excellent bandwidth in the room as well.
The breakfast selection basically boiled down to the expensive buffet, a bit a disappointing lack of choice.
There is a number of details that bothered me during my stay:
- All windows totally sealed: an uncomfortable feeling
- No in room safety deposit box, not even a small one
- A window heating/cooling unit, thus very noisy
- Door to the hallway not at all sound proof
It was okay, but nothing more

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We truly appreciate your comments, as they help us to focus on areas that may need improving. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you to Knoxville.