“Convenient downtown location”

Hilton Knoxville
Ranked #21 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 July 2011

We truly enjoyed our stay at this Hilton. The bed was very comfortable, room was clean, pool was great, and breakfast buffet (not included with room) was tasty. Only negative was the bathroom which was small, had no fan, and dim lighting. The free downtown shuttles stop very close to the hotel and other attractions/restaurants are easily within walking distance. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
pjordan2024, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2011

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the entire team at the Hilton Knoxville Hotel I just want to say thank you for choosing our hotel in the first place and for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. I am very pleased to see that your experience was positive and that you were able to enjoy our great city. As for the bathroom lighting and fan presence I have positive news as well. We will be addressing the bathroom with a complete redesign in very short order. Hotel improvement is a constant thing as we strive to properly represent the Hilton brand and give our valued associates a product that matches their spirit. Please come back soon and we thank you in advance for your continued loyalty.

Paul

Write a ReviewReviews (1,275)

Reviewed 7 July 2011

Stayed at this Hilton while at UT for a sports event. Upon arrival, was upgraded without even asking, and with several events i know they were near full. Even with a discounted rate, all was top notch. Every small request was PROMPTLY granted. They staff was knowledgeable with history, directions, suggestions, etc. A couple of them even said they love working there. It was quiet. The facilities were very very clean(gym, pool, restaurant), and my room was extremely well cleaned, even mid-stay. the little happy hour in the 18th floor lounge was nice, and the view pretty and relaxing. the snacks, fruits & cheeses...very nice.
My only, very small complaint might be with the valet parking staff. I might not have thought of it if not for a previous review, but thought worth mentioning, since there is a less expensive option of self parking. I did NOT notice anything missing from my car (as another review reported); however, was a little frustrated that each time arrived from somewhere, they seemed overwhelmed, and backed up. the garage is steps from the front door, and people in our party who chose self parking were back in the lobby just as quickly. As we were walking back from dinner one evening, i was slightly annoyed to see my car sitting in an open lot outside, NOT in the hotel's garage. It was darker and right next to a side walk where if someone wanted to break into it,. it certainly would have been easy to. Seems i could have saved a few $$ each day and self parked, and had my car in a safer place.
Yes, i would absolutely book here again. The location was very convenient as well.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank bhlkin

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feed back about your stay at the Hilton Knoxville Hotel. We enjoyed sharing your positive comments with our valued team members within the hotel. They take such pride in their service execution and they are truly grateful to hear from guest like your self who recognize their efforts. We will continue to strive forward with our service delivery to ensure that we always improve. It is with that commitment that I address your comment regarding the parking situation that you discussed. Our expectation is that we should not put you in that position and fully understand that this portion of the hotel service does indeed affect a guest's stay. I do believe that we have taken sufficient steps to avoid the issue going forward. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts and I hope you choose to stay again in the future at the Hilton Downtown Knoxville Hotel.

Reviewed 25 June 2011

The hotel staff are the friendliest I have encountered. The accommodations very comfortable. Excellent dining! Good value. Nice view of the charming city. What else could anyone want in a hotel?

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank NowVoyagers
pjordan2024, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2011

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Knoxville with us. It is a pleasure to hear positive feedback from our guests. I trust that your travels will bring you back to our area soon. Thank you again for your business and have a great day.

Reviewed 22 June 2011

I stayed at this location on June 15 while on a business trip to the area. I mistakenly left a watch in my vehicle when I used the valet service upon arriving. After checking out the next morning I realized that my watch had been taken from the center console. Take care not to leave anything valuable in your car at any hotel. I travel fairly extensively and this is the first time I have ever had anything missing after using valet.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank RedSectorA
pjordan2024, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2011

Allow me to start by thanking you for choosing our hotel. We fully understand that as a traveler you have choices within the city for your travel needs. I apologize for the incident involving your missing item and the experience you encountered with the valet service. I do understand that it is both the loss of the item and the principle of the issue that bring frustration to you as a traveler. I will commit to ensuring that each incident of this nature is fully pursued by the Valet Company and that each guest experiencing such an issue has a clear avenue of communication to deal with the situation. We take our guests satisfaction extremely seriously and have a high expectation for our service delivery. I trust that the situation will be resolved and you will have another opportunity to experience our hotel with such frustrations. Thank you once again for your business and we certainly would welcome the opportunity to have you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed 16 June 2011

My wife and I recently stayed at the Hilton. The hotel lobby and rooms appeared to be either new or recently remodeled. However, the bathroom sink was too low to be comfortably used by most adults. Further, there is no real "sundry shop" at the hotel--just an unmanned room near the front desk that was very lacking in merchandise--only 3 magazines. Room service was a disaster. We ordered it Saturday night and was told we should receive our order within 30 minutes. When we called down in 50 minutes, we were told we would have our meals in 5 minutes. 20 minutes later we had to call the front desk for help. The food finally came. We were told that the same person who delivered the food also had to take all orders (and maybe had to cook the food as well). The poor woman was huffing and puffing and sweating when she made the delivery. My wife's calzone ended up burnt on the bottom. We were given one set-up for two meals, so we had to share the fork, knife and napkin.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
pjordan2024, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and thank you as well for your valuable feed back on your stay. I sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered and I understand how frustrating these situations can be. As the General Manager I accept full responsibility for the break down in our execution. We absolutely will take steps to address the situation and ensure that we do not have the issue in the future. These items are amenities that guests pay extra for and must be executed at 100% accuracy. I again apologize for the issues and sincerely trust that you have an opportunity to stay with us again in the future. Please have an excellent day.

Reviewed 4 June 2011

This hotel was fine. When I travel, my litmus test for a hotel is cleanliness. And the hotel was clean. So, on that count, this hotel is a haven among all the grimy, seedy hotels out there in the world. However, the downtown location has both pros and cons. On the plus side, the hotel is right next to Market Square. You can skip the overpriced, $14-a-head, processed-food breakfast and take a short walk to a handful of Knoxville's best restaurants. Also, if you are planning on enjoying downtown Knoxville's drinking establishments, you can save yourself the cabfare at the end of the night.
That being said, the hotel houses the only Starbucks in downtown Knoxville, which is located in the lobby. Once the coffee stash in the room is used up, your only choice is to go downstairs and stand in line with people off the street to buy a coffee for $1.50. There is not complimentary coffee in the lobby.
Also, the night I checked in the staff was distracted by a wedding taking place in the ballroom. They neglected to point out that as a Hilton Honors member I would receive a free Starbucks coffee and half off breakfast. They also failed to adequately explain where exactly my room was. The hotel has 18 floors. Between answering the phone and directing the hotel guests to the ballroom, I would have liked the hotel staff to explain to me where the elevator was. Was it travel exhaustion that made it hard for me to find the elevator or just my own ditziness? Not sure. But I am sure that I'm not the first person to feel turned around in the lobby.
Bottom line: training for customer service staff should include pointing out the discounts awarded Hilton Honors customers and where the elevator is located--especially as we are sometimes travel weary and need some guidance. Other bottom line: the hallway light shone through all night. Be sure to close the gap with the decorative pillow if you are light sensitive.
I will stay here again, especially now that I know what to expect. It is a nice hotel. It was just the nitpicky things that caused me minor frustrations.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank annemidd
pjordan2024, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2011

Dear guest,

Thank you for giving valuable feed back regarding your experience at the Hilton Knoxville Hotel. We are grateful when guests choose our hotel for their travel needs when traveling to our city. Although you pointed out some positive attributes and characteristics of our hotel I certainly took note of the interaction that you had with our staff upon check in. As a team we strive daily to execute our guest service at a high level. Like you we believe that we should interact with out guests in a proactive manner in an effort to give the guest the needed information about the hotel so they can fully enjoy their stay. We clearly could have done better in this case. As the General Manager of the Hotel I assume responsibility for such oversights and will take proactive steps with our staff to address and correct the issues. I am pleased that you seemed to have enjoyed your stay in the great city of Knoxville and we look forward to serving you at the level we both expect in the future. Thank you again and have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 1 May 2011

room was decent, but i only paid $99 per night. Self-Parking is reasonable ($10) and is basically next door. Would i recommend? If you can get the good price it is probably worth it for a downtown hotel. Overall I am satisfied! it had a nice view! One complaint ... pool was closed in late April ... it was 85 degrees!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
pjordan2024, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Knoxville for your recent hotel needs. I am pleased to hear that your stay was positive. I also noticed that you voiced some concern over the pool not being open during your visit. Based on the uncertainty of the weather we do not open our pool for operation until mid to late May. However, based on your experience we will review the time table to ensure that it still makes sense in our ever changing weather patterns. One thing that will not change is that we never want a guest to have a disappointing stay. I am truly sorry that you were unable to enjoy both our pool area and the great weather in Knoxville. I trust that we will have another opportunity to serve you in the future. Thank you again for your business.

Paul