“Small errors but overall good”
Review of Hilton Knoxville

Hilton Knoxville
Ranked #22 of 86 Hotels in Knoxville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Terre Haute
“Small errors but overall good”
Reviewed 24 September 2011

Enjoyed the weekend at that Hilton. In general the amenities were what you would expect from the Hilton Brand and we had a great view from an upper floor. However, we did have a p problem with the valet service. We have a high end vehichle so the valet supervisor to protect it, locked the key in a drawer at the front desk rather than leave it where keys are normally kept. While I appreciate the extra effort to protect my vehicle from being driven by a sneaky employee, it creates problem when the only person who has the key goes on break and you can't get your car for 20-30 minutes.

Room Tip: ASk for a room facing the river so you have a better view.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
pjordan2024, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, 13 October 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Knoxville Hotel for your recent travel needs. Your feed back means a great deal to our team. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed the hotel and the interaction with the associates. I do apologize for the delay in getting your car from valet. I fully understand how that can cause frustration for you and others who may be traveling with you. I have taken steps with our valet service to avoid this issue going forward. Thank you once again for both your business and your willingness to share your positive experience with other travelers. Have a great day.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 23 September 2011

I prefer Hilton hotels for my business travel, especially the Garden Inn. This was a downtown 18 story hotel. Staff was courteous, friendly, helpful. Hotel was spotless; my room just right.
Self-parking (or valet) was convenient for $10/night. In addition to their own restaurant, there was a Starbucks on the lobby floor.
The only short-coming of the stay was two instances of rowdy guests in the hallways and in the room adjacent, spoiling what otherwise would have been a good sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feed back on your stay at the Hilton Knoxville Hotel. It is truly a pleasure to hear positive things about our hotel and our associates. We will share your positive thoughts with the team that made them possible. As for the noise issues we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused. We will certainly do all that we can in the future to give our valued guests the peace and quite that is needed for an enjoyable stay. Thank you for your business.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 14 September 2011

There are a few things that I consider to be necessities when I travel. I want my TV to work, I want there to be water pressure, I want a functioning iron and I want the service to be responsive. It felt like a comedy of errors when none of these things worked during my stay a couple of weeks ago. This hotel is in a great location, but the management of the hotel is slipping and I agree is not up to Hilton standards. You can do better in downtown Knoxville.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
pjordan2024, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, 16 September 2011
Dear Guest,

Allow me to begin by offering my sincere apologies for the frustrations you encountered while staying at our hotel. We do understand that delivering the expectations of our guests are what make a pleasurable and/or successful trip as a traveler. As team we take the issues you mentioned very seriously and I assure you that we do not consistently allow these things to occur and your instance will not go unaddressed. We will utilize your feedback as an opportunity to improve our execution as a team as we work to deliver the type of experience expected from a Hilton property. Once again, my apologies for the issues and we are grateful for your business.
Peterborough, Canada
Reviewed 13 September 2011

This hotel was typical Hilton white decor, standard double room design but serviceable and functional. Liked the great breakfast buffet, splendid fruit and omelette offerings. Great proximity to the old downtown and short, short stroll to the convention centre. It turned out to be the exact right spot for us..

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
pjordan2024, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, 14 September 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Knoxville Hotel for your travel needs for your recent trip to Knoxville, TN. We are always pleased to hear back from our guests and place a great value on your feed back. I am glad that you enjoyed our splendid buffet and the great location of the hotel to the key areas of the city. We hope to see you back soon. Thank you again for your business and have a great day!
Jamestown, NC
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We stayed here while visiting colleges and I was very pleased. The room was lovely and comfortable and all the staff were very gracious. Room service was fairly quick and I didn't think as expensive as other hotels. The food was delicious. Parking was also convenient for a large city. When I told them we were visiting colleges we got a great rate on the room! That was nice surprise. All in all, I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay here again myself.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
pjordan2024, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, 3 September 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments about our hotel and the associates. We take great pride in our team and their commitment to serving our guests. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we will welcome you back home on your next trip to Knoxville. Have a great day.
Reviewed 17 August 2011

Hotel generally nice, however everything about this hotel is expensive, parking $10, however when we asked to park ourselves we were told this was not available and had to use the valet service $14, valet service was good though, breakfast expensive, especially as there was four of us, no laundry facilities on site unless you count the in house laundry service which is very expensive, we had to use a laundromat a few miles away, restaurant was very good, good service if a little pricey, stayed on an exec floor so got use of concierge room, good for drinks and snacks, friendly staff, however when they say breakfast finishes at 9am they mean it finishes at 9am, and same with snack times and closing time, staff friendly in this room. I asked for extra pillows on my booking and had to ask twice more before I got them, room not very spacious as there was 4 of us sharing, 2 adults and 2 children, beds very uncomfortable, I have stayed in Hilton chain hotel and suites while I have travelled across the USA for a month, Homewood Suites and Hilton Garden View are much better and better value for money,

• Stayed August 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay at the Hilton Knoxville Hotel. Your thoughts are both welcomed and appreciated. We use such feedback as an opportunity to move forward as a team in a positive manner. To speak to some of your concerns: I do understand that parking charges and be a source of frustration for a traveler. We will continue to focus on providing an excellent service in this area. We will also continue to ensure that we work to limit the parking costs that are passed on to our customers through the contracted parking facility. As for the Concierge Lounge I sincerely apologize for any confusion in that area but the food offered in this area does not come down at 9:00am, it is open much later. In addition, our guests who have purchased this upgraded level enjoy access to the concierge lounge for snacks and refreshments throughout the day. I trust that you will have another opportunity to visit our hotel and we will have that opportunity to execute the appropriate level of service to you.
New Orleans
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Hotel old, overpriced even for priceline, $87.00. Staff at check in needs better training, maid and room service excellent. Now for the breakfast buffet, $30.48 for two, with not much to offer and horrible service.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank hotelshoney
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your honest evaluation of your experience at our hotel. We enjoy the opportunity to hear from our guests and use their feedback as an opportunity to improve as we move forward. As for the presentation and value of our breakfast buffet we are addressing that issue specifically. We are completely revamping the selection and presentation of our buffet which we firmly believe will keep it on par with what is expected for a Hilton hotel. In addition we are finalizing plans to renovate our restaurant area which will play a big roll in our plans to improve this area of our hotel. I trust that we will have another opportunity to serve you in the future.