“Nice hotel overall”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Angeles
“Nice hotel overall”
Reviewed 25 May 2012

My son and I stayed at this hotel recently, and the stay was enjoyable in every aspect. Please note that this hotel is located in what appears to be a very safe part of downtown Knoxville, but the hotel does charge for parking but not unreasonably so. The front desk was p;easant and helpful, the rooms nice and comfortable. Within a block of the hotel is Knoxville's Federal Courthouse complex, which is quite different from the sterile, ugly modern courthouses one sees all too often traveling across America.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
pjordan2024, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, 28 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on our property and our city. We are delighted when travelers share their positive experiences with us and other travelers. We hope to see you back in Knoxville soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Recently updated and a nice hotel. Crowded Starbuck's in lobby, breakfast bar is "ehhh". Room service is good. A couple of blocks from Market Square which is good. Other than the Oliver Hotel, best place in Knoxville to be downtown.

Room Tip: Moutain view rooms! Sunset is amazing!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, 13 July 2012
Dear Guest,

I just want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. It means a great deal to our team and we take pride in seeing that guests are pleased with their experience. Have a great day.

Virginia
Reviewed 17 May 2012

I was here for a conference and had a very pleasant stay. The lobby and room were nicely designed and the service from all the staff was truly excellent. They had a small business center in the gift shop with free computers to use and print out boading passes. My HHonors status got me access to the lounge which had great views, free breakfast, and snacks in the evening. Location-wise, it was an easy walk to everything in downtown Knoxville. The food in the restaurant was just ok .. I honestly would go elsewhere in downtown Knoxville for your meals. The hotel gym was well-maintained with good machines. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, 13 July 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for letting people know about your positive experience at our hotel. We will continue to strive to improve and hope to see you back soon.

Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 9 May 2012

For me it's about price versus value. I'm happy to pay a little more as long as I get what I pay for, and I do enjoy feeling that I actually got a bit more than I paid for, just because that's a nice sensation and, you know, there are hundreds of hotels one could choose from so why not feel honored by the one you chose? Our stay at this Hilton was average at best. It felt like a struggle from the very beginning, when they attempted to charge us $10 extra per night for the fridge and microwave I'd requested. I bring my own coffee stuff with me because I like my morning coffee "just like at home" without having to leave my room. The desk clerk waived the $10-per-night fee when I informed her that I'd called to request a room with those amenities included, and they'd said I "might" or "might not" be granted my wish, depending on availability. Which was a complete lie. They'll bring the appliances to your room and shove them gawkily into an unused space, then charge you for it. I consider this outrageous and I said so, and she immediately waived the fee. THEN upon checkout, we'd been charged the fee anyway and had to go over the whole thing again. This was a ridiculous waste of my time and very un-classy on the part of Hilton Hotels. Also there were MISSING SHOWER CURTAIN RINGS and honestly, that drives me crazy. So very tacky! I stood ankle-deep in water to shower because the tub did not drain properly. Also the commode would not flush properly and had to be babied. There is no bathroom exhaust, so everything in the tiny space becomes drenched and dripping by the time your shower is concluded. The sundeck was not available for our use even though it was May and eighty degrees outside. All we wanted to do was go out there and take pictures, but the desk clerk made it clear that was too much to ask. I did complain (I'm not as nice as SadricAmber) and was offered some sort of gift certificate for a future visit. I appreciate that but now, in order to make up for Hilton's slap-dash housekeeping and unfair policies with regard to standard amenities on this visit, I have to stay there again. I hope it's better next time but if it's not, I'll sure let y'all know.

Room Tip: Make sure you are specific about what amenities you require. Some which are standard in less expensi...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
pjordan2024, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and for taking the time to give us your feedback. Although it is very discouraging to hear from a guest regarding an experience that did not reach their expectations, it is vital to identifying problems and correcting them. I assure you that as a team we will take steps to correct the areas that you pointed out. We will certainly welcome you back in the future in hopes that we provide the level of service that you deserve at a Hilton property. Thank you again for your business.

Tennessee
Reviewed 28 April 2012

My wife have stayed at this property four different times. Each time it has gotten a little worse. It is not up to Hilton standards at all. The only reason we stay here is because it holds a special meaning for us. This weekend might break our streak though. We got a room on the ninth floor. The moment we walked close to the door we were assailed by an odd smell. Honestly I thought it was a blend of cigarette smoke and urine. There is no nicer way to word it. The carpet in the room was also damp so I am guessing some of it had to do with a carpet cleaning. We really just wanted to make the best of it and not say anything. The hotel was full so there was no switching of rooms (we got told at check in there were 2 weddings going on). Room service that night and they forgot the drinks. Again, we didn't complain. Its pretty minor and we drank water. The bathroom floor was pretty filthy as well. It was just plain sticky. The next day we got back in the room at 7:30 PM. The room was kind of half cleaned. The bed wasn't made. There was a couple of clean towels. The bathroom floor was still bad. The glasses had not been changed. Crystal at the front desk was very nice .She offered us Breakfast coupons and was apologetic. Our main complaint at this facility is housekeeping far and away. It just plain sucks. The hotel is just dirty. The wallpaper in the room is peeling. The furniture is old etc. I can deal with that but unclean? Hard to deal with that. I might revise this review to 3 stars upon reflection. I just don't know yet. Ill think on it a bit. I just wish Hilton would inspect it and set it to rights.

Room Tip: Even Number rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
pjordan2024, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Dear Guest,

I had the opportunity to read through your notes on your recent stay at our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the experience that you had. As a team we truly do care about our guests and especially about our repeat guests. Our business is still all about hospitality and we should be helping our guests create positive memories and not be a part of added frustrations. I will share your comments with our team and I assure you that from top to bottom we "do care" about your satisfaction. I strongly urge you to give our property another opportunity for your next stay when you are in Knoxville. We will work to correct each issue mentioned for both you and other guests as we move forward. Thank you for your time and have great day.

Beavercreek, Ohio
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Stayed here for a convention in March, 2012. Very nice property. Rooms were very nice, broadband speed was excellent. Lobby is a little awkward, can get cramped near front entrance/registration/elevators. Within walking distance to many food options, would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

From our entire team, I just wanted to say thank you for sharing your experience with us. It is a pleasure to host guests and assist them in enjoying our great city. We are proud of our city and take great pride in the service that we deliver. Please come back soon.

Signal Mountain, TN
Reviewed 23 April 2012

As a HHonors Gold Member I have always been treated very well at this HIlton in downtown Knoxville. Always gotten the upgrade to their nice executive level rooms. Lobby is beautiful, rooms are clean with new carpet, bed is very comfortable and all staff is very friendly. Enjoyed the executive level hospitality room and the overall quietness of the top two floors. They do charge for parking and if you do not use valet it can be a little bit of a hassle to get in and out of the garage but not that big of a deal. The room did stay a little hot at night due to the motion sensors on the air unit causing it to cut off, I guess that would be the only complaint I would have.

I still love this place overall and dont look anywhere else when going to Knoxville.

Room Tip: Rooms that overlook the river and Neyland Stadium are the better views in my opinion. Most of the ti...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review for us and your fellow travelers. We are grateful both for your business and your feedback. I trust that we will see you again soon. Have a great day.