“nice hotel - Knoxville, TN” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hilton Knoxville
Ranked #21 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta, Georgia
“nice hotel - Knoxville, TN”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2012

Had a very good stay at this hotel. room was clean and quiet. I was going to venture out to local establishments, but none were within walking distance. I ate / drank at the hotel & was pleasantly surprised by the offering. I had the balsamic ribs at the bar - 1/2 price happy hour appetizer & they were magnificent & a good portion. Will definitely stay here again when passing through Knoxville.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
pjordan2024, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for selecting our hotel for your travel needs in Knoxville. I am also grateful that you took the time to tell others of your positive experience. Our Executive Chef (The Official Top Chef in Knoxville) takes great pride in his food and will be pleased to see your feedback. Please come back soon and thank you again for your business.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
TENNESSEE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

Very nice hotel. I reserved through PriceLine and received a decent price. Be aware that there is a charge for parking (which is mentioned on their website - $12 for self parking and $15 for valet parking). When using valet parking, do not be in a hurry. One glitch for us is that because we went through Priceline, I failed to call the hotel and request a non-smoking room and we were placed on a smoking floor. I told the desk clerk that I needed a non-smoking area due to our daughter having asthma. She accommodated us the best that she could and we were placed at the far opposite end of the smoking hall and didn't smell smoke not once. Food in the Marketplace was good.

Room Tip: If you require anything special and you use an alternate method of reserving your room, BE SURE to c...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

On behalf of our entire team I just want to say thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and thank you for telling others of your experience. I am sorry that we were limited in what we could do to get you the room type that you desired. We strive every day to be a leader in our service that we deliver to our guests. It simply is not possible without guests being willing to share their experiences with us. We are grateful for your business and hope to see you back soon.

Snellville, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

I booked two rooms at the Hilton Knoxville and you can't beat the convenience of having your hotel any closer to the UT campus.

My biggest complaints deal with parking, the room's floorplan, and the AC in the room.
First, the Hilton Knoxville offers valet parking and self parking. Both options are in the adjacent parking deck, so traffic into the parking lot is backed up with valet cars. Therefore, self parkers are asked to drive around the block to another entrance. I was not aware of this until my first time returning to the hotel room. Also, the hotel and parking deck are connected with a controlled access walkway so you will need to walk up hill from the parking deck back into the hotel.
Next, the hotel room was for my entire family. My wife and two small children shared a double. The first thing I noticed when I walked in was that there was not a chair to sit in. We had the desk and the desk chair, but no easy chair. The room I booked for my in-laws had an easy chair and an additional table where the ice bucket sat, but our room had a empty space that where these items would have fit. I did not think it would be a problem until I turned to sit our room-service tray down and saw only the floor.
Last, the air conditioner would reach the extremes in cooling and it was very loud when it did so. With the AC blowing, the TV would need to be turned up to 40 just to hear the dialogue. I set the thermostat to 74. Instead of keeping the temperature at or below 74, the AC would begin to blow warm air to reach 74. So in the middle of the night, my daughter's nose was bleeding. (It does that when it gets too hot while she's sleeping.)

Bottomline, I will try other hotels in the area and gauge if they're all old structures with updated features or if the Hilton just missed the mark.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I apologize for the disappointments that you and your family encountered. Although we are taking dramatic steps to improve our property I do understand that we are not completed as of yet. You will be encouraged to know that guest room seating will be upgraded in the very near future. I also understand your frustrations with parking. I will research the confusion since both entrances to the parking garage should be available to all of our guests. I really do understand that these types of incidents affect the quality of your stay and we are committed to improving in all areas. We certainly want our guests to return to the hotel on their next trip to Knoxville. Thank you again for your business and we certainly hope to see you back soon.

Chantilly, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

We stayed on the 8th floor facing Church Street. It was a quiet room but wish we were up higher for a view. Clean and comfortable. Nice bath products. Safe in room. USA delivered to door. Self parking in garage next door or valet - your choice. Front desk was helpful with directions around town.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
pjordan2024, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time tell us about your experience at our hotel. We love to hear from our guests and share your thoughts with our team members. We hope to see you back soon.

Sincerely
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

Stayed on the Executive Level. Very quiet. Nice appetizers in the evening. Excellent breakfast in the morning. Perfect location for sports events, near the Thompson-Bolling Arena, Neyland Stadium. Be aware that parking is valet. There is a parking garage, but it is not attached to the hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us we are grateful that you selected our hotel for your stay. We will review your comments for any improvements we can make. Although we do offer valet parking we also offer self-parking for our guests as well. We will ensure that we communicate this effectively to all of our guests. I trust that we will see you back soon.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

I stayed here on business in July of 2012.

Pros: Location, location, location. Free wi-fi. Friendly staff.

Cons: Air conditioner was deafening. Very thin walls. Not a good night's sleep.

We've stayed here a few times in the past. I guess the higher floors have thinner walls. We were able to hear our neighbor's TV, every toilet flush, and every cough. We were able to hear conversations in the hallway, several rooms down. On top of that, when the air conditioner turns on, you have to double the volume on the TV just to hear it. I understand these are not easy fixes for the hotel, but they are things to consider for future guests.

Outside of those two issues, this is a good place to stay. Parking is expensive, but you are in downtown Knoxville. It would be nice is parking was included for Hilton Honors members, or returning guests.

The coupons for returning guests were a nice touch, but 20% off a coffee isn't the biggest incentive in the world.

Overall, for the price, it's not bad.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank aww3583
pjordan2024, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, 7 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your experiences at the hotel. I am also grateful that you have chosen to return to our hotel. I apologize for the frustrations that you encountered. Although some of the items are larger projects or long term solutions there are definitely steps we can take to minimize the effect these issues have on our guests. We are working as a hotel to constantly improve for our guests and I trust that is evident in our recently completed renovations. Thank you for your feedback it does make a difference. Hope to see you back soon.

Chincoteague Island, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

My husband and I stayed here recently for a wedding. The lobby and bar were both very nice. Reception was friendly despite our late arrival after the rehearsal dinner. A major concern I would have if I were to reserve here again is that the young lady at reception asked if we were set on a non-smoking room, which we had specifically requested. We were then told that she was trying to get rid of the smoking rooms as she only had a couple non-smoking rooms left. I would sooner sleep in a car than in a smoking room-- if we had gone out after dinner instead of checking in, would we have not gotten a non-smoking room?

Moving on, our room was on the executive floor. The bathroom was very nice and the room was spacious, with a nice desk (though the chair is uncomfortable for anyone with a behind!) Maid service was wonderful too and cleaned the room in the hour we were gone for breakfast on Saturday. Speaking of breakfast, the complimentary continental breakfast for executive-level rooms was VERY crowded and was very minimal with only boiled eggs for protein. I think it would have been lovely if the hotel were less full. Plenty of nice breakfast places only a short drive away, so it wasn't a huge problem.

The main problem I had was that I had an allergic reaction to something in the room. I've never had an allergic reaction to ANYTHING before, but when I woke up Saturday I was mildly itchy. I shrugged it off and enjoyed the day, but Sunday morning I had rashes and awful itching all over. I ended up in a benadryl-induced nap for the entire ride home that day, and we had to skip brunch with the newlyweds. I didn't eat any new foods or use the hotel's toiletry products, so I am thinking it must have been the sheets or towels, which points to detergent. Just a heads up for anyone who tends to be sensitive to those things as it took me nearly a week to get back to normal!

Room Tip: Executive level upgrades upon check-in are great!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cynthia W
pjordan2024, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, 19 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about the details of your stay and your experience at our hotel. I am pleased that there were some high points but was truly concerned over some of the items you mentioned. I first apologize for any problem and especially for the apparent reaction you had while in the hotel. I do trust that the issue was short lived and your good health returned. I noticed your comments on the availability of the lack thereof of some good protein items for breakfast in the concierge lounge. I am certain that is something we could address in a positive manner. Lastly, I will review our procedures with our team members to ensure that we are putting our guests in the most comfortable position possible with our hospitable manner and communications. Thank you again for your business and we look forward to serving you again in the future.