“Don't book on Hilton.com-- Ripped off”
Review of Hilton Knoxville

Hilton Knoxville
Ranked #22 of 86 Hotels in Knoxville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tarpon Springs, United States
“Don't book on Hilton.com-- Ripped off”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I could have stayed at this hotel for less money by booking on hotels.com. However, I booked through Hilton thinking that I would get their Rate Match Guarantee. I booked on Hilton.com and clicked the AAA rate (which was still more than the hotels.com rate). My response to my request for the Rate Match was that since I booked with a AAA discount that the match did not qualify. I still booked through Hilton and still paid more even with a discount!! Also, the valet parking price that was advertised on the Hilton website was wrong. Once we got to the hotel, there was a big sign that advertised a higher price once you got there. If I stay at Hilton in the future, I will not book through their site.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

PJordanGM, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and I sincerely sorry that were displeased with the rate policy from Hilton Hotels. I do understand that these things are very important and that we impact our guests stay at times with these policies. Again, I am dreadfully sorry for your experience. I do trust that we have another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Paul

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed 17 January 2014

The staff was average, the rooms are small, and there's no free breakfast. You have to pay for parking, but that is to be expected in a downtown city. The televisions were awful quality. The parking staff was generally pretty nice. The hotel manager was excellent. It was nice to have a starbucks in the lobby.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

PJordanGM, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Guest,

I just wanted to thank you for offering your professional feedback from your stay. I so apologize that we did not exceed your expectations. Although there are items that we charge for such as parking and breakfast, we do not lose sight of our guest’s perception. It is our desire to provide a level of service and comfort for our guests that we leave them with the feeling of receiving a true value. I am sorry we did not achieve that goal in your case and we will work towards that. Thank you again for your business and we look forward to our next opportunity to serve you.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 15 January 2014

My family and I always attend the UT football and basketball games, and we have stayed at the Hilton for years. The staff is very accommodating, especially Sean. He is the most consistent and best bar setter they have. He is always smiling and he remembers everybody's name. The rooms are always in tip top shape. We have never had any problems getting extra towels or things we needed. The location is great too because everything is fairly close. I would recommend this location to anyone who visits Knoxville, as I have to many family members and friends. We are very pleased with the job the Hilton Staff does. Keep up the good work!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We are grateful for your business and your loyalty. We just love getting comments like yours and sharing them with your team. We trust that you have the opportunity to return to our hotel soon.

Knoxville, TN
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We were traveling with our lab and the hotel staff went out of their way to make her feel welcome. The rooms are really clean, tidy, and comfortable, but some might find the bathroom small. The rooms aren't that large, but we were mostly there to get a good night's sleep in comfort. Rooms that face the street weren't exactly sound proof, but not extremely noisy either. Overall a very good experience.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

PJordanGM, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us and others about your experience at our hotel. I am pleased that the associates made you feel welcome and that your stay was pleasant.

Roanoke, VA
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I have read reviews that said they booked through Hotwire and were placed in a lower class room. I never believed this actually happened until last weekend. I booked a room for one night to visit the UT campus. I got a great rate through Hotwire. When we walked into the hotel, everything was gorgeous and classy. You could tell the hotel was several years old but they have done a great job of keeping the entry & lobby area up to date. (There was a convenient computer center with several computers available for use.) We were placed in room 1113 which had a decent view of downtown. The room was extremely spacious. My initial disappointment was when I found hairs in the bathtub and on the bathroom floor. Otherwise the room looked very clean. We wanted to use the water glasses in the room later that night and found that one glass had lipstick on it. None of this was because we'd booked through Hotwire. And other than these few cleanliness issues, the room was comfortable. The beds were terrific and we love the Hilton pillows. It was an EXTREMELY cold night and the room heater kept things toasty. We were grateful to have valet parking in this weather! Unfortunately, around 7:00 the next morning, I realized why this must be a "Hotwire Rate room". Apparently room #1113 is below the cleaning closet / laundry room on the 12th floor. I was woken up by the sound of carts rolling across my ceiling - very loud carts. As well as a loud sound of water running which I assume was the washing machines. I'm now a believer in the whole Hotwire rooms which I had read about before. I would definitely stay here again if I could make sure to have a room where I wouldn't be woken by loud cleaning noises (which continued throughout the morning). The staff was extremely friendly and the valet guys deserve a medal for working in that weather! Overall, nice hotel with a few cleaning issues and a very poorly placed cleaning room.

Room Tip: if you want to sleep past 7 a.m., don't stay in room #1113!!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
PJordanGM, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about both the positive things and the things you were not pleased with during your stay. It does demonstrate a level of professionalism that is greatly appreciated. I apologize for the issues that you encountered in your room. I will assure you that we do not have rooms that are designated for certain guests or guests that book through certain avenues. It is however, my responsibility to ensure that we are very careful to avoid noise complaints especially ones that involve our hotel associates. We do not have laundry equipment on upper levels of the hotel but will certainly commit to correcting the issues you experienced for all of our valued guests. Thank you again for allowing us an opportunity to move forward and improve.

Knoxville, United States
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I recently stayed at the Downtown Knoxville Hilton for a 4-day conference, and the staff were all so helpful, particularly Jose who helped us immensely during the conference. The guest rooms were clean, and the beds were very comfortable. Location is very convenient to Market Square and downtown area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

PJordanGM, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel with fellow travelers. It is such a pleasure to hear such things from our guests. I trust that we will have another opportunity to serve you soon.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 7 January 2014

The Hotel was wonderful! We enjoyed the stay overnight. However, when we got there our heat wasn't working & it was COLD! Maintenance came in & checked & had to replace our unit. It was warm & cozy when we returned. Thanks

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us for your recent holiday. I do apologize for the need to make a repair in your guest room during your stay. We do appreciate your professionalism in allowing us to correct the issue. I hope we will see you back soon.