“Hilton Knoxville”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Middletown, Delaware
“Hilton Knoxville”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I have been a guest at this hotel for 1 year working as a contractor here in Knoxville. This hotel came highly recommended and let me say, I was not disappointed. The staff here is wonderful, and always call me by name, you don't always get that being a business traveler. Just wanted to say a few words about Sean Powell who greets me every evening as I return from work. Sean is always pleasant, not just to me, but every guest that he comes into contact with. He always asks "Mr. Scott, how was your day?" We chat for a few minutes, and then he is off greeting the next guest with that same energy and enthusiasm. Great job Sean, keep up the good work!!!

Room Tip: The Starbucks staff are all wonderful also!!!
1 Thank Wilbert S
PJordanGM, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and thank you for your loyalty. I am especially pleased that the hotel team has made you feel welcome. We certainly appreciate your business. I am glad that Sean and the rest of the team helped you enjoy your visits to Knoxville.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Graysville, Alabama
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Valet parking was a rip off and nightmare in the least. I've stayed at better places cheaper. I haven't felt so uncomfortable at a hotel in my life like I did this one. What is so special about a Hilton? Absolutely nothing. Our truck had to be parked on the grass between two poles because according to the elder valet, " you drive an F-250 mam, we don't have room in the garage for it. What the hell? Really? So disrespectful in the least. Our truck is a work truck, we drive it everywhere. $16 to park my truck on the sidewalk/grass. This place will money you to death. I have to say that I did feel discriminated against because I am from the country, and we drive a big truck. But I was in Knoxville for Luke Bryan, he was worth the hell I went thru at this hotel. If I ever go to another concert in Knoxville I WILL NOT STAY HERE!!!! The rooms were also just as disgusting as the Valet parking was. Need some improvements on this place and soon!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am truly sorry that you left our hotel with the impression and experience you described in your review of our hotel. On behalf of our valet team I do apologize. I assure you that they were only concerned with the safety of your vehicle due to the tight confines of the garage. However, it is our responsibility to make sure you as our guests feel comfortable with each step and that we treat you and your fellow travelers with the upmost respect and hospitality. Cleary we failed to reach that expectation in your eyes and I sincerely apologize for the issues you faced.

Atlanta
Reviewed 20 January 2014

My daughter and I stayed here one night for a gymnastics meet at the convention center (which is accessible via a skywalk from the corner of the Hilton property). The hotel was busy and full and crawling with gymnasts, but the staff were uniformly cheerful and efficient. My daughter and I remarked upon it several times during our brief stay--they were that friendly. The mattress was excellent (and I am not easy to please in the mattress department); the curtains were great at shutting out light; and the room was quiet--we could hear the occasional conversation in the hall but nothing from the rooms on either side of us.

As others have noted, parking is not free (pay or valet only), but it is connected to the hotel. Breakfast was $15 or so, but the buffet was pretty good (omelettes could be made to order) and included the drinks. The rooms may be a little smaller than comparable hotels, but we were there to sleep, not play, so it wasn't an issue for us.

I would definitely stay there again, and please, Hilton Manager, tell your front desk staff to keep it up.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. I am delighted that you had a great experience and I love hearing a guest tell about a great experience with our associates. It makes a difference for us when we make a difference for you. Thank you for sharing.

Knoxville, United States
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Overall the room and services provided were excellent. The beds were super comfortable and the floor I stayed on was quiet. There is an added benefit of a Starbucks in the lobby which made up for the coffee provided in the rooms. The hotel is easy to get to from the highway and easy to get back out on the street when leaving.

Dear Guest,

I just wanted to thank you for letting us know about your experience at our hotel. We are grateful for your business and hope to see you again in the future.

Paul
Tarpon Springs, United States
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I could have stayed at this hotel for less money by booking on hotels.com. However, I booked through Hilton thinking that I would get their Rate Match Guarantee. I booked on Hilton.com and clicked the AAA rate (which was still more than the hotels.com rate). My response to my request for the Rate Match was that since I booked with a AAA discount that the match did not qualify. I still booked through Hilton and still paid more even with a discount!! Also, the valet parking price that was advertised on the Hilton website was wrong. Once we got to the hotel, there was a big sign that advertised a higher price once you got there. If I stay at Hilton in the future, I will not book through their site.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and I sincerely sorry that were displeased with the rate policy from Hilton Hotels. I do understand that these things are very important and that we impact our guests stay at times with these policies. Again, I am dreadfully sorry for your experience. I do trust that we have another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Paul
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed 17 January 2014

The staff was average, the rooms are small, and there's no free breakfast. You have to pay for parking, but that is to be expected in a downtown city. The televisions were awful quality. The parking staff was generally pretty nice. The hotel manager was excellent. It was nice to have a starbucks in the lobby.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

PJordanGM, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Guest,

I just wanted to thank you for offering your professional feedback from your stay. I so apologize that we did not exceed your expectations. Although there are items that we charge for such as parking and breakfast, we do not lose sight of our guest’s perception. It is our desire to provide a level of service and comfort for our guests that we leave them with the feeling of receiving a true value. I am sorry we did not achieve that goal in your case and we will work towards that. Thank you again for your business and we look forward to our next opportunity to serve you.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 15 January 2014

My family and I always attend the UT football and basketball games, and we have stayed at the Hilton for years. The staff is very accommodating, especially Sean. He is the most consistent and best bar setter they have. He is always smiling and he remembers everybody's name. The rooms are always in tip top shape. We have never had any problems getting extra towels or things we needed. The location is great too because everything is fairly close. I would recommend this location to anyone who visits Knoxville, as I have to many family members and friends. We are very pleased with the job the Hilton Staff does. Keep up the good work!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We are grateful for your business and your loyalty. We just love getting comments like yours and sharing them with your team. We trust that you have the opportunity to return to our hotel soon.