“Knoxville 2014”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Knoxville, United States
“Knoxville 2014”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

Stayed the weekend and hotel was accommodating to our 2 month old. The hotel is in walking distance to great food and shopping. The hotel staff was super friendly and helpful and the room service was really tasty,

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

PJordanGM, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Guest,

On behalf of our associates I wanted to say thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I am pleased that you had a pleasant experience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Kingsport, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

This Hilton is very convenient to downtown venues and was clean. My only complaint would be that the parking garage detail of having to have your room key to get out was kind of a pain. Very good location to Market Square and the Convention center.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for telling us about your great experience at the Hilton Knoxville Hotel. We are truly thankful for your business and hope to see you again soon.

Vonore, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

We hadn't stayed at a Hilton in a few years. We usually stay at Homewood's, Embassy Suites or Hampton Inn's. This Hilton was a little disappointing. The website isn't very helpful for figuring out the amenities. I thought there was a sauna, but there wasn't, unless it's with the outdoor pool which we couldn't access. I expect indoor pools and hot tubs/saunas at nicer hotels.

The rooms are small, and it is pretty noisy. We were in an Executive level room (17th floor, on the river side) so I was surprised it was so small. You have to insert your card in the elevator to get to the Executive floors, which is a nice security feature. I suggest adding that for all floors. Noise--we heard the people above us, and the people next door. Probably could have understood their conversation. You also get a lot of city noise in the mornings.

Because of our package we had access to the Concierge Lounge. It supposedly had complimentary water, sodas, coffee 6am-1100pm. And they offered a breakfast 6-9am and snacks in the evening 5-7pm. We went down for coffee 2 days at 9:30-1000am. No coffee. They had pizza, chicken pot pie and veggies one night which was good and could have been dinner. They really should offer cocktails too, like many other Hilton brands.

We had a late 2:00pm check-out as part of our package. We went out for lunch, came back and our key wouldn't work. According the person at the front desk this happens daily. Well maybe they should come up with a better process to manage it. When we got home we found they had called at 12:22 and 12:25 but left no message. I guess they really needed to clean that room!

We always request that all feather pillows, comforters, etc., be replaced because of a feather allergy. They noticed as we checked-in, and took care of it quickly, as we were trying to unpack. But it should have been done prior to our arrival. At least they had foam pillows. And they put sheets around a bedspread to take the place of the comforter.

The hotel is convenient, walking distance, to Market Square with good restaurants, the Tennessee Theatre, and History Museum of East Tennessee which is excellent. We asked at the front desk for recommendations for restaurants. They gave a us a little card with walking directions to Market Square but no list of restaurants. They mentioned a few, and they were good recommendations. But a list would have been nice.

The staff are friendly, and tried to be helpful. The valet guys and bellman were all great. We ate lunch at the on-site restaurant. The server said they have a menu of sandwiches and pizza, but everyone we saw had the buffet, as we did. It was a good deal for $8.95. It had soup, a salad bar and a hot bar with a couple of veggies, and lasagna and chicken cacciatore, plus tiramisu for dessert. The servers were excellent. It got pretty busy by 12:30-1:00.

We tried to go to the bar one evening, but I left my ID upstairs, and they ID everyone. I'm no spring chicken so it was obvious I was over 21, but that's the policy, and Knoxville is serious Bible Belt country. The bartender was nice about it, and warned me to take it to Market Square. About a 1/3 of the places there carded everyone.

Not sure if we'll stay at this Hilton again. The next time we go to the Tennessee Theatre or another activity downtown we may try to the Hampton Inn, although I don't think it's not quite as close.

Room Tip: I wouldn't choose 1710, as it was pretty noisy. Executive Level rooms require a key for the ele...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am truly sorry that you came away from your recent stay at our hotel with that perception. We will certainly ensure that we communicate properly with our website to ensure that we avoid any confusion for our guests. Thank you very much for choosing our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Sincerely
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

I travel quite frequently across the state of Tennessee and periodically across the country and have never in my life had a staff that would greet me throughout my stay as much as this hotel. I am southern reered and enjoy the feeling of being home. I really don't know Mr. Sean Powell's title, however he is always in the lobby and he makes me enjoy hanging out in there. He makes all of my accomodations to Knoxville feel personal and enjoyable. I usually have my business meet me at the hotel, when I stay at this Hilton property and it never fails, the atmosphere there puts the icing on the cake. The family touch that is dispayed in the lobby will surely make you feel in your home away from home. At times, if I can't book at this property, I usually see if I can reschedule my trip to another day. Southern hospitality that isn't looking for a tip. His father got it right when they reered him and Hilton got it right when they hired him. Definitely recommend.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words about our staff and hotel. We take great pride in hearing from our guests. I hope we have the pleasure of seeing you again soon.

Yorktown, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

The Knoxville Hilton is a small but well appointed hotel within walking distance of most downtown places of interest. The staff is friendly and willing to go to the extra mile to ensure a pleasant experience.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

PJordanGM, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the entire team at the Hilton Knoxville Hotel I wanted to thank you for your business. We are also grateful to hear your positive feedback from your stay. I trust we will have another opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Middletown, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

I have been a guest at this hotel for 1 year working as a contractor here in Knoxville. This hotel came highly recommended and let me say, I was not disappointed. The staff here is wonderful, and always call me by name, you don't always get that being a business traveler. Just wanted to say a few words about Sean Powell who greets me every evening as I return from work. Sean is always pleasant, not just to me, but every guest that he comes into contact with. He always asks "Mr. Scott, how was your day?" We chat for a few minutes, and then he is off greeting the next guest with that same energy and enthusiasm. Great job Sean, keep up the good work!!!

Room Tip: The Starbucks staff are all wonderful also!!!
1 Thank Wilbert S
PJordanGM, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and thank you for your loyalty. I am especially pleased that the hotel team has made you feel welcome. We certainly appreciate your business. I am glad that Sean and the rest of the team helped you enjoy your visits to Knoxville.

Graysville, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

Valet parking was a rip off and nightmare in the least. I've stayed at better places cheaper. I haven't felt so uncomfortable at a hotel in my life like I did this one. What is so special about a Hilton? Absolutely nothing. Our truck had to be parked on the grass between two poles because according to the elder valet, " you drive an F-250 mam, we don't have room in the garage for it. What the hell? Really? So disrespectful in the least. Our truck is a work truck, we drive it everywhere. $16 to park my truck on the sidewalk/grass. This place will money you to death. I have to say that I did feel discriminated against because I am from the country, and we drive a big truck. But I was in Knoxville for Luke Bryan, he was worth the hell I went thru at this hotel. If I ever go to another concert in Knoxville I WILL NOT STAY HERE!!!! The rooms were also just as disgusting as the Valet parking was. Need some improvements on this place and soon!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am truly sorry that you left our hotel with the impression and experience you described in your review of our hotel. On behalf of our valet team I do apologize. I assure you that they were only concerned with the safety of your vehicle due to the tight confines of the garage. However, it is our responsibility to make sure you as our guests feel comfortable with each step and that we treat you and your fellow travelers with the upmost respect and hospitality. Cleary we failed to reach that expectation in your eyes and I sincerely apologize for the issues you faced.