“Great property with awesome views and a Starbucks!”
Review of Hilton Knoxville

Hilton Knoxville
Ranked #23 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 February 2014

The hotel, the rooms, the lobby and the hallways were all meticulously cleaned. The staff was tremendously friendly, attentive and helpful. The views from the higher floors of the city and UT Campus were awe inspiring! Having a Starbucks in the lobby was clutch!

The one blemish that's not unique to this particular hotel was that the urns for coffee and hot water are seemingly used interchangeably. So when you make your tea you get a bitter coffee taste from the residual coffee in the urn.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
PJordanGM, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Guest,

I am just taking a moment to thank you for giving us feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. I am very pleased that you had a positive experience and that you took the time to tell us about it. As for your suggestion I will commit to correcting that issue ASAP. It indeed is something that should not occur in our hotel. I trust that we will have another opportunity to serve you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Knoxville

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I usually spend very little time in hotels when I travel and my recent trip to Knoxville was no exception. What made this trip different, and better, than any I've taken before was the incredibly knowledgeable and attentive Journey Ambassador working during my stay. I'm used to getting pamphlets or lists of local attractions, but this gentleman had an extensive catalogue of local activities on the tip of his tongue, and the charismatic presentation to make those activities look as stellar as they truly were. So, thank you, Sean Powell, for my visit to the Knox County Public Library, for the locally-brewed porter I had at the Downtown Grill and Brewery, for the music I enjoyed at the Bijou and for the late night cocktail I had at the Peter Kern Library. While I found the hotel itself to be clean and completely satisfying, the whole experience was elevated to awesome by that extra, personal service. Thank you again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

What a pleasure to read your comments on your recent experience at the Hilton Knoxville Hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you took the time to recognize the associate you made such a positive impact on you. We will look forward to your return.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I have been a Marriott person for as long as I can remember. So when my CEO suggested I stay at the Hilton for my weekly trips to Knoxville, I was hesitant. After staying there on a weekly basis for several months, I wouldn't book anywhere else. The service is fantastic and it starts with the moment you pull up to the valet. Barry is always there to greet me with a smile, and takes care of my car as though it's his own. The girls at the front desk remember my name, and always take care of everything I need. Sean Powell is always smiling in the lobby in the evenings, asking how my day was, and genuinely listening to the answers. If I needed anything, I am sure he would take care of it, but by the time I see him, everything has been taken care of. Mandy and the rest of the girls in the bar are extremely attentive, and provide excellent service. The fitness center is also very nice, with equipment for all needs. The rooms are spacious, and very consistently clean and fresh. I couldn't be happier with my experiences at the Hilton in downtown Knoxville - and that makes being away from my family on a weekly basis a little more bearable.

Dear Guest,

I just wanted to thank you for taking your time to let us know about your stay and to recognize the associates that make your visits to our hotel a great experience. I am truly grateful for your business and for your willingness to recognize our team members.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

If you are a Hilton Diamond Member, you will be disappointed. Slow check in, no upgrades, "Lounge" is rally nothing special. Parking is $13. It is in a great location. The downtown area is nice, the UT campus is 5 minutes away.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. Guest feedback is a vital part of our hotel as we strive to ensure that we deliver an experience to our guests that are expected for a Hilton branded property. I sincerely apologize that you were not pleased with your stay. We will indeed work to improve as a team and I trust we have another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Great customer service i experienced at this hilton with mr Sean Powell was there for assistance to all with precise timing with personal interest precisely showing customer care concern went OUT OF THE WAY.He has a good gift with people..

Room Tip: ask anyone in this confines

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us regarding your recent stay. We take great pride in hearing from our guests. I trust that we will see you back with us soon.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We have stayed at this property two previous times and those experiences were great. However, this past weekend not so good. We were located on the pet floor since we brought our small pet, which is fine. However, the front desk agent seemed aggravated that we had our small pet, and really just not a friendly outgoing individual, which offended me. Our room had not been cleaned properly and almost looked like someone had been laying on the beds prior to our arrival. Our bed has seem better days. My husband and I awoke, sunk in the middle. There was chewing gum on the dresser and on the information books. The phones had not been touched in days! The pot of coffee we ordered the following morning was "weak, colored water". They replaced but no real apologies. I informed the front desk the morning I left about the condition of the room....Nothing, no we are sorry. No real customer service here at this hotel this visit. Disappointing because we typically like it here.

Room Tip: Valet park, the bellman are very pleasant.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
PJordanGM, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Guest,

I want to apologize to you on behalf of my entire team here at the hotel. You clearly had an experience that is not typical for both our hotel and a Hilton branded hotel. We take great pride in making guests feel welcomed and seeing them return to our hotel. We will address your issues in a very proactive manner and ensure that we are consistent in our service delivery. I do thank you for letting us know about your latest visit to our hotel. I assure you we will be better for the next time we have an opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Good hotel but smelly and dirty room. The food was nasty and the rates were to high for the quality. The parking was to far from the hotel.The best thing was the location and that was about the only thing good about the hotel other than it had a Starbucks in the lobby.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

I want to sincerely apologize for your experience at our hotel. We do not take your feedback for granted and will take steps to rectify the issues you encountered. We are grateful for your business and will strive to deliver the expected level of experience for a Hilton property. Thank you again for your feedback and I trust that we will have another opportunity to serve you in the future.