“Room not your typical Hilton”
Review of Hilton Knoxville

Hilton Knoxville
Ranked #19 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Location, pool, lobby, and Starbucks are all great at this hotel. With that said, this is obviously an older hotel that has been updated. The rooms are a decent size but the bathrooms are very small. Cleanliness was fair in the room. I was in town for a wedding and heard similar reviews of other hotel chains in the area so it might just be a city-wide issue. I am sure Hilton is working on the rooms, because the lobby is amazing, staff was great, especially valet and bellmen. Pool was great for our young child because it's all 2-3 ft deep and small. Would be a disappointment for adult only travelers, I think.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
PJordanGM, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your honest and professional feedback from your recent stay at our hotel. I always enjoy hearing the perspective of our experienced travelers. You will be happy to learn that we have extensive improvements coming at the end of this year for our hotel. I believe this will move our hotel forward in the eyes of our guests. We appreciate your business and your feedback.

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel was clean and really nice. The pool on the roof was nice, but for late July I was shocked how freezing the water was, even my children didn't want to get in. The bar/ grill had great food, but ther service was terrible. We waited about 15 min before anyone waited on us.

Stayed: August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for letting us know about your experience at our hotel. Professional feedback is vital to our success as we continue to improve for our guests. I trust we will have another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

A+ all around at this hotel. The location was walking distance to everything I wanted to see in downtown (1st time in Knoxville, did the tourist thing). Rooms and beds are great, the breakfast is great, the restaurant is excellent. There was actually a tornado warning during our stay, and they announced this over the intercom to stay in the hallway, or we could go to the lobby. We went to the lobby, and the staff had set out snacks, coffee and drinks. I always felt taken care of. My ONLY gripe is the parking. There's very little street space, so I had to unload in 2 trips from the parking garage which was $13 a day. The garage is not owned by Hilton, so I don't hold them responsible for that.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

On behalf of our entire team here at the Hilton Knoxville hotel I want to thank you for your positive feedback after your stay with us. We take great pride in hearing from our guests. We will work with our valet to ensure we make the process smoother going forward to make certain that we address your thoughts.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Just returned from a three day trip to Knoxville, TN. We were meeting in downtown so the Hilton was the logical choice. The hotel is very accommodating (we had two last-minute cancellations in our group) and very clean. The lobby staff was particularly welcoming as were the bar staff at the Orange Martini and the wait staff in the restaurant. About my only issue was the layout of the bathroom in that the door was too close to the toilet and it tended to be a bit disruptive, especially at night. Other than that, a nice stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

I am just taking a moment to thank you for giving us your thoughts on our hotel. That is what keeps us striving forward in our efforts to create a great experience for our guests. We will look forward to your return.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Downtown location was great but the stay left me flat. I cant say I loved it I cant say I hated it.. Frankly I expected more of a wow factor. The location clearly is the true selling point. The staff was nice but not memorable and the room was acceptable but not remarkable...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
PJordanGM, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for your professional feedback although I am truly sorry that you left our hotel with that impression. We are not striving for just okay and want to ensure that we give each of our guests the proper attention and service. We will certainly use your feedback as an opportunity to remained focused daily our wowing our guests. Please feel free to reach out to me if you would like to discuss things further.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I am a female checking in ahead of spouse and lugged 2 suitcases an ice chest and another bag past two different doorman and bellman who turned the other way and didn't even open the door for me. Old food tray outside my room door when I checked in at 5:30pm. I might as well have stayed in a motel 6. Can't park in garage without key but no place to park to check in so pay the valet $20. What a rip off. Not worth the premium you pay for Hilton service

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Guest,

We just wanted to thank you for giving us your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry that you had a negative experience during your stay. We certainly work to ensure that each of our guests do not leave with this type of impression. I would certainly welcome the opportunity to speak with you regarding your challenges if you would like to reach out to me. Thank you again and we would love to have you back with us again.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

This is a solid Hilton property, it's clean, neat and nicely decorated. It's located in the heart of downtown Knoxville. I used Hilton Honors points for the night which was really nice. I will say that the Hilton Honors program isn't as generous as some other comparable brand reward programs, but that isn't this property's fault. The parking is really tight when you are checking in and you can't get into the parking garage until you've checked in. I had a pet with me (which I really appreciate being able to do). The pet was an extra charge, not covered by points, which I knew going in. The fee of $50 was stated to me when I made the reservation. When I was asked to fill out information in order to have the pet when I checked in, the form stated the fee would be $35. I didn't argue, because I was prepared to pay the $50, but the paperwork should have been current. We were on the fourth floor. I've seen some say the hotel didn't have a "wow" factor. I'm not sure what they were looking for in the hotel. It's clean, neat, quiet and centrally located. My only two disappointments were with the fact that there wasn't a lot in walking distance and (back to the HiltonHonors) I was charged the taxes for either the room or the fee for having a pet. So, due to having a pet and self-parking overnight my "free" room ended up being >$73. The property itself is good and serves its purpose, if you are looking for something spectacular, I'm not sure that downtown Knoxville is where you want to be. It's a pleasant downtown, but not really a "WOW" location.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I do apologize that there was some confusion on your pet fee. We will certainly ensure that is corrected based on your valuable feedback. I am sorry that you did not have an overwhelmingly positive experience but do appreciate your professionalism in pointing out the positive points from your stay. We will continue to strive to excel as a team and we trust we have another opportunity to serve you in the future.