“Great service”

Ranked #17 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Christiansburg, Virginia
“Great service”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I really like this holiday inn! I have eaten at the bar two nights in a row and Sandy (bartender) has kept me company as well as giving me great service.

On another note- a tip for the holiday inn maintenance, you guys need to clean out the AC units in the rooms, some have mold. I called the front desk and they took care of it, but I can tell it needs a deeper cleaning. I would recommend taking them apart and giving them a true cleaning.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with a cleaned AC unit, especially if you are allergic to mold or have asth...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Michael P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Knoxville West- Cedar Bluff Rd, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write us a review! We certainly appreciate the warm comments! A note on the AC units - we actually just began the process of a remodel, and all new AC units are on the way!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
piqua, ohio
Reviewed 20 November 2013

On November 9, 2013 my husband and I were enroute home to Ohio from a great two-week vacation on Hilton Head Island when we experienced van trouble on I-40 outside Knoxville, TN. After being towed to an automobile dealership, we made nearby reservations at the Hioliday Inn Cedar Bluff which became our "home away from home" for the next several days while we awaited auto repairs.

Although we were unfamiliar with Knoxville, we were totally impressed by the southern hospitality afforded us at this full-service facility. From staff at the registsration desk to the maintenance lady on the third floor, we couldn't have been treated more like royalty. We were especially impressed by the wait staff in the cafe as well as the bar area where we were treated to performances by the Rocky Mountain Shaggers who gather Sunday evenings to dance and socialize.

The food, cleanliness and room accommodations are first-class and we would give this Holiday Inn and A+. We were totally imporessed and, despite the delay in getting home, we were thrilled with making new friends at the Holiday Inn Cedar Bluff who went above and beyond to make our stay a comfortable one.

Sharon and Bill Semanie
Piqua, OH.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms are quiet and housekeeping staff very courteous.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thanks so much for taking the time to write us a review. We are very happy to see that while the circumstances behind your "vacation" weren't necessarily favorable, our team was able to show you a great time!
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Keith was awesome manager who was very attentive to our needs. The waitress was an amazing! Food was the best I have had in a long time. I ordered a filet migon. Husband ordered the ribeye. Great veggies.

• Stayed November 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to write us a review. I will certainly forward the kind comments to Keith and our kitchen staff. Hope to see you again soon!
Fairmont, Minnesota
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We were so glad to find a great hotel on the edge of Knoxville with easy access off the freeway. Super check in service, super knowledge of the area, wonderful room and amenities. The room was beautiful and the bed was very comfaortable. We hope to travel through the area and stay at the Holiday Inn Cedar Bluff again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to write us a review! We are thrilled that our property and staff were able to make your stay a memorable one. Hope to see you again soon!
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I've been a dealer at various conventions for around 9 years. I have to say that my stay for a recent convention held here at the Holiday Inn was an excellent experience. Our rooms were very clean. The hotel space was fairly easy to navigate and was in a convenient location, and also very clean and not overly done, tacky or aged. The breakfast buffet that was offered in the cafe was very good, and the service there was top notch. The staff was amazing and I never saw one staff member that wasn't rushing around doing something to make other people comfortable, which I believe is one part team effort and one part southern hospitality. There was always someone asking how we were doing, even if we were just visiting with friends in the lounge. I hope that we will have this hotel available for future conventions. I love the Holiday Inn in Knoxville!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Michael P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Knoxville West- Cedar Bluff Rd, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Thanks so much for the warm comments. We will certainly share them with our staff. And hope to have you guys back again next year!
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I visited this hotel recently for a convention and loved it! My favorite part about this hotel is the warm inviting atmosphere, especially the area around the pool with all the vegetation. It has a warm tropical and inviting feel that makes it very cozy and enjoyable. I loved spending time in this space. Main thing I want out of a hotel is to feel relaxed. Hotels with stark white walls, ultra high ceilings and opulent chandeliers have an in-your-face imposing and steril feel to me. Almost like a ritzy over-payed hospital or something. The bar is also very roomy and has a wonderful feel with lots of personality. I've heard they are going into renovation so I hope they are not about to change everything I like about the space just to follow suit with the latest steril decorative fad.

Every bit of the hotel staff I met was very friendly and helpful and did an amazing job working with the convention to make it a wonderful weekend to remember always.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Michael P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Knoxville West- Cedar Bluff Rd, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
We really appreciate you taking the time to write us a review and are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. Regarding the renovations... Most of the work will be done in our guest rooms, but we will also be renovating the outside and updating things like the fitness center and game room. Cozy and inviting is what we are going for :)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I knew this hotel was the hotel for my group when I picked it out. I can't explain it, just a "feeling." Walked into this hotel back in February and didn't look anywhere else, I knew this was to be our convention's home. Bonnie Hall treated me with the upmost respect, including remembering me and greeting me by name outside of the hotel in chance meetings around Knoxville while living life! That showed me she genuinely cared for me and my group, we were more than just "money to the hotel." We booked every convention space the hotel had to offer; and they worked with us the best any hotel ever has. Doing the financial and business side of a convention is not easy, but they helped make it effortless. I dread the day that our convention out-grows this hotel.
The cleanliness, comfortable beds and amazing walk-in showers were just icing on the cake. All of the staff (in addition to Bonnie; Debbie, Keith, Rhonda and Caleb come to mind) are amazing professionals. Even then young man that cleaned my room was easy going. The large social area (Atrium) was perfect, every aspect of this hotel is wonderful. I was even amazed at the Bath and Body Works brand toiletries in the bathroom instead of just some generic kind.
If you are looking for a hotel to host a small convention/business gathering in Knoxville, this is the place for you.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Michael P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Knoxville West- Cedar Bluff Rd, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to share these warm comments about the hotel! Our team really enjoyed your group as well. I think FangCon2013 was a rousing success, and here's to FangCon2014 being more of the same!