“OMGoodness! Nothing Like the pictures!”

Holiday Inn Knoxville West- Cedar Bluff Rd
Ranked #16 of 86 Hotels in Knoxville
Atlanta, Georgia
“OMGoodness! Nothing Like the pictures!”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We came for a brief vacation and thought this hotel looked wonderful! Little did I know it is having a major remodel and was so extremely inaccessible to customers!

The lady at the front desk was busy talking with another lady who was concerned about going home and ignored us. We finally got a room after she made keys for other peoples rooms she was stock piling??

We were excited to go to the pool only to find so many male workers that made my wife uncomfortable. A woman and her children were there and she was yelling profanities at her kids and I believe she was drunk! We left and went to see our dated stinky room that faced the parking lot and more construction men that could see in the room with the window curtains open!

We looked for ice for over 30 minutes and finally tried to restaurant which we were informed not open!

There is plastic blocking everywhere and it made it so hard to even get around anywhere!

The kids were not happy and I was not thrilled at the idea construction was happening everywhere! Shut down your hotel if you cant take care of your guests properly!

My wife slept in her sweats as she felt the place was dirty and was not happy! The pictures are no where to be found in this hotel!

Pass, we left and went to a different hotel and loved it! Clean up your dirty act!!

Also no one wants to hear profanity from parents at the pool or deal with all the construction for a weekend trip!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank DAvid F
Michael P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Knoxville West- Cedar Bluff Rd, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thanks so much for taking the time to write us a review. We are very sorry to hear that your stay was not up to expectations. It is our goal to provide every guest with the best possible service - despite our current renovations. We hope that you'll give our property another try once our renovations are complete!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Cleveland, Tennessee
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I was well-pleased with professionalism of staff--specifically, Veronika--who ensured I was well-taken care of. The room was nice & clean and met my needs. I would love to stay there again during my next business meeting/training.

Room Tip: "Rooms on the first floor are more convenient when handling heavy luggage."
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Michael P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Knoxville West- Cedar Bluff Rd, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thanks so much for taking the time to write us a review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again the next time your business travels bring you to Knoxville!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This hotel is a very nice place - large, spacious and well decorated with one of those swimming pools that are both inside and outside. There is a very nice restaurant too. I had a king room that was large and well nicely decorated. It had a couch and coffee table as well as a refrigerator and microwave. I would have given it 5 stars but parts of it were being renovated and my room was a bit too close to the noise and mess. The desk does not have enough electrical outlets (only the one that is part of the lamp) so it is not very convenient for the traveling businessman.

Room Tip: Get a room far away from the construction.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thanks so much for taking the time to write us a review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and keep a lookout for more abundant electrical outlets in our renovated rooms!
Detroit
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My family and I stayed at this Holiday Inn for a midway stopping point on a trip (mid-April). Sadly, while the hotel has great potential with updating of rooms and public space, the parking is poorly lit and extremely limited and the rooms limited as well (due to the construction). My husband had to drop our kids and me off at the front door while he parked on the opposite side of the building and made his way through hallways under construction to avoid having to walk through a dark parking lot. In addition, there are roaches (not in our room but by the elevator)! While the rooms are being renovated/updated, the bathroom did not have a full tub, but only a shower and the paint/wallpaper jobs were sloppily done. The refrigerator in the room is a nice size (not your normal mini fridge), but was so noisy, we unplugged it. The beds are not multiply-sheeted as most hotels are today, but were fairly comfortable and the selection of pillows was appreciated. Lastly, we were surrounded by several rude guests whose children, after midnight were screaming, running up the hallways, banging on doors and the adults basically had a party as though its a backyard BBQ at noon. Given the fact that we had to have our TV blaring to drown out the noise and we hardly got any sleep, we might as well have kept driving. The only thing that kept my review from being terrible was the morning front desk staff who were incredible sympathetic to our problems, but were clearly not surprised at the roach "siting" and were very aware of the loud guests. Their extremely friendly demeanor "saved" this Holiday Inn and what was an awful stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank cmw1013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Knoxville West- Cedar Bluff Rd, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear cmw1013,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please accept our sincerest apology for the experience you had during your stay and any inconvenience you may have encountered that did not live up to your expectations. We have sent you a private message to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Stopped here on our way back from Florida. Hotel was highly rated in Knoxville. It was conveniently located close to the highway. The hotel was being remodeled when we stayed there, and it really needs it. Our room was dated, but it was reasonably clean. But for being as highly rated as it was, I was expecting it to be nicer. There are a lot of hotels in this area, and I can't believe there isn't a newer and nicer hotel close by.

Stayed April 2014
3 Thank ChrisN7624
Michael P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Knoxville West- Cedar Bluff Rd, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write us a review. We hope that you'll stop by to see us again after our renovations are complete to see our new, beautiful property!
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I did not have the advantage of staying as a guest; however, I was in the area for job related training and needed a place to have a couple of meals. Brandon and the dining room staff were tremendous. They were ready to answer questions and followed up with our group to see what they could do to assist us.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Danny H
Thanks for taking the time to write us a review! Glad you enjoyed your meals and hope to have you as a guest some time in the future!
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I can not say enough ... I had a great experience staying here..Cedar Bluff Holiday Inn. Recovering from surgery prior to traveling home to Missouri the staff went above and beyond to make sure I was comfortable and had what I needed. Even tho they were in the midst of renovations ....one could not have known without have being told. Immaculate ...quiet and a standard of courtesy in a staff I have not seen befor from a hotel from the moment I checked in until I checked out . They set the standard of how a hotel should be run. I look forward to returning and enjoying a visit to Knoxville and without question I know where I will be staying....Holiday Inn Cedar Bluff VyAnna Slavens

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Vyanna, thanks so much for the warm comments. We appreciated having you as our guest and look forward to the next time!