“Great staff”

Holiday Inn Knoxville West- Cedar Bluff Rd
Ranked #18 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We had a wonderful experience at the hotel! The pool was great. It was very fresh and clean. We enjoyed the outside as well as the indoor pool. The hot tub and pool were so clean and we had plenty of dry towels. You could tell they had just updated the hotel. The rooms felt brand new. Each room had nice bedding, a comfortable chair, flat screen TV and a small fridge. On the morning we left my 3 year old ran the elevator as I was grabbing my bags and the doors shut with her in there alone! I tried to open the doors but made the situation worse. The elevator was now stuck. The staff was to quick to respond. They fixed the problem and I was reunited with my little girl in no time! They even gave her a high five for being brave! I will be going back and I highly recommend staying there!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Michael P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Knoxville West- Cedar Bluff Rd, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thanks so much for taking the time to write us a review. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay, and were very happy to be able to help with your sneaky little one! Hope to see you all back soon!

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I was here for a total of 5 nights. I have nothing bad to say about the property or my stay. The staff all were very friendly. A really nice cocktail lounge and a restaurant on site. I was a bit surprised that more people were not eating at The Cafe restaurant. The food off the menu was delicious for the breakfast. Also, there were two workers at The Cafe (Talisa and Teresa) that were so personable and friendly.....it was amazing. They took the time to visit with us to actually get to know you. Again, just very personable. Yes, there is some construction going on but honestly I never "heard" any of it going on. We were off site during the days (except one day for lunch.....speaking of.....have the Reuben sandwich!!!) and construction was never an issue. They are working to make a really nice/clean hotel look even nicer!
I really enjoyed the shower in the room. It was a walk in shower w/ plenty of room and very nice spray from the shower head. Nice sliding glass doors and no more clingy shower curtain that I'm so used to.
The swimming pool area was very nice. The pool was large in size, and would be great for the kids. The pool is a combination indoor/outdoor. The hot tub was pretty small. I think you'll be happy opting to stay here.

Room Tip: My room was at the end of a wing and it was near the Interstate....I could hear traffic at time. Al...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thanks so much for writing us a review. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will forward your comments along to our staff. Hope to see you again soon as we complete our renovations!

Reviewed 14 August 2014

True, the hotel was under construction. But the staff at the HI West made up for any inconvenience. Teresa and Juneice and the others in the restaurant, Bennie in just about everything, Anna in housekeeping, Angie in sales...you all made our time in your town so much better! I would recommend raises for all...as these are the kinds of employees that enhance your business, not to mention your reputation...and you can't buy that kind of marketing!!
BTW, loved the pool area...wish the doors between the inside/outside could be open, though.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thanks so much for taking the time to write us a review! We are very glad to hear that our staff made your stay special, and will certainly forward along your warm comments!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Hotel was going under renovations and you wouldn't even know. The hotel, rooms and pool area were clean and staff were helpful and courteous. The breakfast buffet was awesome, Theresa, Monica and Juneice were awesome servers and really made our experience unforgettable. Bennie was our "tour guide" he suggested so many awesome places to see, again unforgettable. Thank you all for your hospitality and kindness, we'll be back!!

Room Tip: 319 was nice
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and will be sure to forward the warm comments along to our staff. Hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

This is my second visit to this hotel and decided to write a review. I like giving a hotel in transition a decond chance. I also tend to be very positive in my reviews.

This was tough staying at this hotel and it was my last stay there! I found the hotel to lack any warmth from the front desk and a caring attitude. My room was below average in design and clealiness, not sure if I got an updated room or not. It looks like a typical 2 star accomodation, not the three star plus experience I prefer.

It does have a refrigerator and microwave.

Linens, towels and bedding seem very used and need some updates.

Hotel staff was pounding on my door at an early time with DND sign on and even came into the room before I could ansswer.

I was told it was supposed to be vacant.

The food was not appealing in the restaraunt and lacked much selection.

Cleanliness in the room was not to my standards as well! mattress was not comfortable and I foind myself awake most of the night!

Room Tip: Uncertain, maybe away from the parking area, allot of big trucks and noise very close
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sir James T
Michael P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Knoxville West- Cedar Bluff Rd, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for your review. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced and we regret the level of service you received did not live up to your expectations. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Have been staying here for years and am so happy to see so many improvements being made. The staff are so nice at this hotel. The room thermostats are programmed to be 65 degrees in the summer however because I need a cooler room the air conditioning/maintenance employee came and reset the system so I would be more comfortable. He was so helpful and understanding to my need.

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank dtrail6203

Thanks so much for taking the time to write us a review! We are very thankful of your continued patronage and are excited as you are about all the renovations!

Reviewed 1 August 2014

All was good except for beds. Old mattresses don't align with updated decor. If quality of sleep is important to you, and a bad mattress can ruin a good night's sleep, I'd look elsewhere. Otherwise, it is a very nice property and the staff was outstanding.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Knoxville West- Cedar Bluff Rd, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear Karen B,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. We understand that having a comfortable stay is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. We are sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the mattress. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.