“Very good experience for those on a budget!”

Red Roof Inn Knoxville Central
Ranked #58 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a week while a family member was attending meetings daily. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and have a nice flat-screen TV, fridge, and microwave, which was way more than an expensive alternative we initially spent our first night at in town. Breakfast was more than adequate (for free!) and had cereal, toast, bagels, fruit, waffles, muffins, assortment of juice , coffee, and milk. There was also eggs and sausage daily, so really for you couldn't expect much more without being asked to pay extra for it. The pool was clean and fairly large, and in a good location to receive sun most of the day. A ton of restaurants and shopping were within a 5-10 min drive, and staff was friendly and helpful throughout the day. If I had a negative observation it would simply be to say that the carpet and bedding looks dated, but they are currently doing construction so hopefully that will include upgrades to all of the bldg. Everything was clean and a great deal for the amount of money spent! It would be hard to justify staying somewhere for 3 times the cost with a charge for parking, expensive buffets, and rooms without any type of appliance! I would absolutely stay here again if on a similar trip with all 3 of my kids and just looking to stay comfortable and not spend a ton of money.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank USCDOC

Reviewed 30 May 2013

I wish I could give this property no stars. Booked this for two nights, left after one night when the toilet overflowed in the bathroom flooding the bathroom and bedroom. When using the facilities in the lobby, 2 out of three of the commodes there were out of order. The lobby was dusty and dirty due to construction debris, no attempt to keep this area clean was evident. The view both from the front and from the room looked like a war zone. Oh and the desk clerk warned us on checkin not to use th pool because it was cold.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Our room was clean, very comfy beds, nice flat screen, clean bathroom, carpets clean, quiet, pet friendly and affordable. Because I booked late, I was stuck with a "smoking" room... Not the hotels fault. We enjoyed being in the back on the 3rd floor. I was able to exercise myself and pups up and down the stairs for potty breaks :) I looked at all hotels in the area and to say the least, they freightened me! I was soooo please with our stay at the Red Roof. We will be re-locating to this area soon and will send our visitors their way if needed. There is construction going on to improve! We didn't get the free continental breakfast, so I can't comment on that, but it is FREE.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2013 via mobile

Hotel is under construction so messy, carpets need replacing, rooms clean, free WiFi, flat screen TV, minimal breakfast with cereal, small Danish & muffins, orange juice & milk out of gallon jugs, bananas & apples, friendly front desk, wake-up call on time, off highway so quiet, restaurants are not convenient and have to drive, bed comfortable

Reviewed 15 May 2013

Stayed here for most of week & I was quite surprised with the price & accommodations. Gentleman at front desk in evening was super friendly & helpful. Room was rather large & clean w/mini fridge, microwave, coffee & a flat screen tv. It showed some signs of wear but hey what can you expect for $50 a night. Pet friendly, Internet, wifi, pool, free breakfast, and a
Exercise rm. Room service was very good & always nice & clean.
if you don't mind the construction going on outside, than this is the best value for your money. They told me it used to be a Holiday Inn & now being combined into a Reed Roof & La Quinta Inn. Actually got a better rate calling them directly & just mention AAA discount. Tons of restraunts & shopping very nearby. If your not into all the frills, than this is by far your best bet.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

I booked on line. When I drove up I thought it had been hit by a tornado but realized it was under construction. The hotel is off the main highway so it was very quiet. I originally booked for one night but decided to stay over so I booked with them again.. I was a bit disappointed that the room I booked for the second night did not have the mini fridge or a microwave but I assume that had to do with the construction so I did not complain. I will book with them again if I am in the area. Very friendly staff.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2013

The hotel is just off the highway but there is no noise. The receptionist told us to say we have aaa to get a king room for only $50!!!! It's fairly modern and very clean. I want to stay here again and try out other red roofs.