“Great Value All the Way Around” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Knoxville Central

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Red Roof Inn Knoxville Central
Ranked #49 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great Value All the Way Around”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

Relocated recently for job and became stuck while looking to purchase a home. My wife, daughter and myself we're staying at another area hotel close to the Red Roof, trust me saving $17.00 a night isn't worth what you lose in an extended stay situation. I booked online directly with Red Roof, got a fantastic deal! We actually forfeited a paid week at the other Hotel to check in here once we saw the Superior King room. I don't normally do reviews, but all things considered here, Red Roof deserves this Kudo. Rooms appear to have been updated, nice new 40" plus flat screens, super bedding (mattresses and linens), clean carpets, spotless bathrooms with great water pressure, great breakfast including eggs, sausage and waffle maker along with the usual cereals and such. On a side note, we requested a bigger fridge since we were staying a little longer, David at front desk and general manager came through in 24 hours giving us bigger fridge to save on eating out! Jeff at front desk is awesome too. Even though still here, giving the review early to recommend to others. There are some renovations going on next door, but we haven't heard a thing while in room. Pleasant people, clean well appointed room with daily service and in the center of Knoxville, can't say more for under $50 bucks a night. Pleasant people and going out of your way for the customer seems like a lost cause these days, trust me it doesn't go unrecognized for people like me. Most enjoyable stay we have had in years.

Room Tip: Book at Red Roof site directly for best deal, sign up for Redi card and earn free nights from day on...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

Red roof has an advance - no refund reservation plan that makes this location a very best value. Total charge was about $48 with all taxes. Room was well prepared and the king bed was a good sleep experience. Staff was friendly and helpful. Hot breakfast from 6-10 was varied and well stocked. (I think other chains should get the same waffle machines) Access to the location from I-40 is well marked, quick and easy. A special kudo: I made a mistake when making the reservation online. An email to the hotel prompted a quick reply from the Red Roof area manager, Mr. Patel. He graciously corrected my error. Other chains have said "sorry" in the past.

Room Tip: We had a small pup. (the motel is animal friendly) A room on the first floor to the rear is probab...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Nashville, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

My wife and I drive a truck, and when we don't get antenna tv on football Sundays, we get a room. Preferably a large flat screen, which is what brought us to this motel. Got the November Vets 15percent discount, which made the price even cheaper. Comfortable bed, clean, convenient laundry, very quiet. Will definitely stay again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

Room was nice - king bed was ok. Free breakfast and wifi. Breakfast choices were sausage, eggs, toast, waffles, bagels, cereal, coffee, juice. It wasn't bad. When we went to checkout, I had to wait a long time as the front desk person was also prepping and stocking breakfast so he was not at the desk.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank madras80
Chevy Chase
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

We spent 3 nights at the end of September to visit our son at UT. We were somewhat put off in arrival by the desolate and unfinished look of the side and front of the hotel. They have a ways to go on their renovations and landscaping! However check-in was fine, service good, friendly staff, comfortable room near elevator. We loved having a shuttle to the Vols football game on Saturday, that made life lot simpler. Bed comfy, nice pillows, good bathroom (with good water pressure), fridge and.microwave handy, nice TV. Only a couple complaints: 1) broken lightbulb next to bed, had to get replacement. 2)Use of Styrofoam for cups was not appealing nor environmentally friendly.
3)breakfast was just sad: white bread, concealed eggs, cheap muffins, cheap bagels, cheap pastries, so-so waffles, NO whole wheat bread, NO yogurt, NO fresh fruit!! come on, seriously? Y'all could do a lot better than that. An overall good value, but not competitive with holiday inn express, yet.

• Stayed September 2013
Frisco, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

We stopped here while driving through Tennessee. We were basically just looking for an affordable place to stay for the night that was decently clean. Unfortunately, the room we stayed in was a little bit disgusting. For starters, the door had apparently been off it's hinges recently and didn't open easily. Next, all the furniture and carpet had stains on it. I didn't feel comfortable taking my shoes off. The bathroom was a bit gross and obviously hadn't been cleaned well in a while. The countertops had junk on them that could easily have been removed by wiping them clean but alas this had not been done for some time. The beds were inspected ( just to be safe) and did seem to be clean but the rest of the room had clearly been neglected.
The staff was courteous when we checked in and out, no problem there at all. We bypassed the free breakfast in the morning since nothing really looked appealing.
I guess you get what you pay for but I expected this type of room to be better than that of a cheap motel. I would not ever stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

I travel all around the country and I have been to Knoxville a couple of times, but this time when I checked in the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. When I went into my room, on the third floor, it smelled like someone smoked some illegal stuff! I don't mind it but it was overwhelming. The AC was on and it made a god awful noise, I tried to see if it was just the cover. I took the cover off and there was soooooo much dust built up under the cover it was pathetic. Looked like it wasn't cleaned for months. When I took a shower later that evening, the water pressure at the faucet was great until I turned on the shower, it was like drip, drip. I am retired military and still used to taking quicker showers than normal people, takes me about 6 minutes to get clean, this shower took me a minimum of 15 minutes!!! When I finally opened the shower curtain I noticed behind the bathroom door there was black, greasy looking stuff running down the back of the door, looked really nasty.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business