Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville
US$165
US$145
  • Pool
Comfort Suites North(Knoxville)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$109
US$126
US$117
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Cedar Bluff Inn(Knoxville)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$94
All reviewsconvention centermarket squarefree shuttlesun spherehotel restaurantshuttle servicefair parkparking feebreakfast buffetexecutive floorwithin walking distancestreet noiseut campuseach morningthe entire staffhotel stafffront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel while attending a professional seminar. The location was a great one, with lots going on . . . actually, a triathlon was going on at the same time as my stay! There was much hustle and bustle, with bicycles everywhere. The room was quite comfortable, although the bathroom was a bit small. I considered that this was probably due to the hotel being an older one that had been remodeled. The towels were great (one of my "big things") and the bed linens were also nice. Free Wi-Fi is also a big plus. My view was overlooking the roof of the convention center, but the view in the distance helped a bit! Being close to the park is really great. The parking garage was easy to maneuver, and the $8/day charge was reasonable.

Room Tip: I would definitely suggest a request for a room not overlooking the roof of the convention center. An upper-floor room or one looking toward the park or downtown area would most likely be best.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Mitch H, General Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2013

Thank you for the nice note. We look forward to hosting you again soon. have a great day.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

We were staying here for the Brewer's Jam that was being held in World's Fair Park. The hotels is a short walk to the park and one of the closest to the park. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. The hotel has had a wonderful renovation, and although it is one of the older hotels in the area, it does not show any signs of distress or wear and tear. We were upgraded to a room on the executive floor? which had a lovely continental breakfast and breakfast attendants. The room was very comfortable and spacious, and I did not hear sounds from other rooms or the hallways. The hotel offered a shuttle which took us to Market Square, the driver was very friendly and gave us a good amount of information about the area. We were not planning to return until after the shuttle had stopped running for the night, so he gave us easy walking directions back to the hotel. We did in fact walk back later that evening and it was not a bad walk at all. I would absolutly stay at this hotel again if needing to stay in the area. I fell it was a good value and as nice as anything else you will probably find.

Room Tip: When checking in, it does not hurt to see if they have any upgrades available.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends

Thanks you for the kind words. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Have a great day.

Reviewed 12 April 2013

This is a nice hotel, recently revamped, with a spacious lobby and attractive bar. My room (#622) was large and had a view of the top of the Sun sphere. Everything was well equipped, and I appreciated the free wi-fi in the whole of the hotel, including the rooms, and the business center with printer. The service was excellent, with truly accommodating reception staff. All were good, but Markos was especially helpful, professional, courteous and friendly. Shuttle service around downtown worked very well, but all the sights are within easy walking distance. This makes all the difference, and I'd happily recommend the hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: High up on Sun sphere side suited me well.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Mitch H, General Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Thanks you for your great comments. I am personally going to give Markos kudos for doing an outstanding job. We look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to Knoxville. Thanks again and have a great day..

Reviewed 11 April 2013

We spent a very nice weekend in downtown and was impressed with the hotel. Looks to have had a recent remodel & looks great. Great lounge area. Rooms are good size, baths are cramped though. Good value given the location. Will stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Thanks for the nice words. We look forward to hosting you again soon. Have a great day.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

I stayed in this Holiday Inn in connection with the Knoxville Marathon. It was perfectly located for the race, but for anyone visiting UT or Knoxville, it was just a short walk to Knoxville's quaint downtown area and on bus line. The rooms were super comfy and they have had recent eco-friendly upgrades. My big kudos goes to the front staff; they were friendly, and helpful and when we had an illness in the room after housekeeping had left, they didn't hesitate to move me so that I could avoid the germs, which was very much appreciated. I'd recommend the hotel and would stay here again for the race and otherwise.

Room Tip: First night had an odd numbered room, which was a little noisy due to fact faced major roadway/highway into town. Second night I had an even numbered room and noise level was much less.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Thanks for the great comments. I am passing your note on to our front line team members. We look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to Knoxville. Thanks again and have a great day.