Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville
  • Pool
US$108
US$163
Great 4.5/5
Comfort Suites North(Knoxville)(Great Value!)
US$83
ComfortSuites
Very Good 4/5
Best Western Plus Cedar Bluff Inn(Knoxville)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$99
US$129
US$120
  • Restaurant
All reviewsconvention centermarket squarefree shuttlesun spherehotel restaurantshuttle servicefair parkparking feebreakfast buffetexecutive floorwithin walking distancestreet noiseut campuseach morningthe entire staffhotel stafffront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Desk staff at checkin and checkout was very friendly. Large, clean, comfortable room. A great location if you are going to the convention center, otherwise an easy walk to downtown Knoxville. If you don't want to walk, the hotel offers a free shuttle bus to the downtown area, and will pick you back up as well. The only cons I can think of are that there is some noise due to the fact it is on a busy street across from a fire station, and it would have been nice to have an in room mini fridge. Aside from those minor issues, I think the hotel was excellent, and the price wasn't outrageous either.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Megan B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you for your wonderful comments on our property. We are so happy that we exceeded your expectations. The noise from the streets can be quite bothersome at times and we apologize if there was any inconvenience. We are so proud of our hotel and the great location of our property. We do hope to see you back again on your next travels to Knoxville.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We met my husband's "little brother" in the fraternity for a fun weekend in Knoxville and to attend the game. The hotel is in a great location to get to restaurants and also has a shuttle to the game. We parked our car upon arrival and did not move it until we left. The bar was a very inviting place and we had drinks after the game. It was crowded, but they seemed to be able to handle it, especially Sam. She was great. Our room was very nice and the beds were very good. It was a pleasant stay - just needed to win the Ballgame.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review on our property. Football weekends at our property are always fun with all of the school spirit going around. We pride ourseleves in taking care of our guests and ensuring that you have the most comfortable stay. We love to hear about your experiences. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Knoxville.

Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

My husband & I stayed for 2 nights because he had a business meeting & we loved it! Room was very clean, service was excellent, we loved the breakfast buffet & room service was good too. Located within walking distance to Market Square. We would definitely stay again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

We are delighted that you and your husband had a great experience with us. Thank you for taking the time to write this glowing review of our hotel and staff. We love to hear the feedback from all our guest and take the comments very seriously. It would be our pleasure to have you come back and we hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 28 October 2013

The even-numbered rooms give a nice view of the Sun-sphere and park. My room on the 8th floor was clean and spacious, with a nice view of the park. The heat register was a bit noisy whenever it kicked on, but not so loud as to be annoying.
The bed and pillows were both comfortable, and the room had several extra electric outlets, which I appreciate. I always carry an extension cord with me when I travel, so I can plug up my ipad, iPhone, laptop, etc. and in lots of hotels, there are never enough outlets.
The walls in the room are a pretty shade of green and beige, and the wall art consists of framed photos of downtown Knoxville, which is nicer than generic paintings. :0)

The staff was friendly, and the check-in was fast. The parking garage is creepy, as they always are for me traveling alone, but it is connected by an elevator to the hotel lobby, which I appreciate.

I wish the room had an enclosed closet instead of open hanging rack. I just like being able to put my luggage out of sight in a closet.

I've stayed here before on business, and look forward to staying again. Friendly, efficient staff, a clean and comfortable bed, and a quiet room. What more do you need? :0)

Room Tip: Even-numbered rooms and higher floors give a good view of the park and sun-sphere.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Having stayed at hotels for business and pleasure in the US and around the world, this Holiday Inn ranks among the top hotels. It is clean, fresh (a place can be clean yet seem worn), and without exception everyone who works there is friendly and helpful. The food, both in presentation and taste, in the restaurant (I understand they have a new chef) is worthy of a restaurant not just good “hotel” food.

Ask at the front desk about where to eat and they will provide you with a map with about 30 restaurants within about three blocks. One suggestion would be to have this map and list available on the hotel’s website.

Aside from having the map on the website a few minor ways they could improve:
1. Get better music in the restaurant/elevators, etc. It is the most eclectic mix of music I have ever heard. (I was told that the CD’s are sent by corporate headquarters.)
2. Put signs in the hallway indicating where to turn for the elevators.
3. Inform people that when you check out you should keep your electronic room key so you can get out of the parking lot. (A typically friendly attendant let us out with no problem.)

As I stated, I have stayed at numerous hotels around the world and would be happy if every time my biggest issue was the selection of music.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple