“Hotel Staff..room” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Chicago, Illinois
“Hotel Staff..room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

I stayed at the hotel 02-17-14 thru 02-24-14 what a pleasurable time, the entire staff was friendly and polite. The bar staff was especially helpful when it came to suggesting Items on the menu..
Siler the bar manager went over and above to insure my drink of choice was available when the bar ran out of my liquor he assured me they would have it the next day and they did....I have to say, tiffany, Alexandria, and sam are very good bartenders very courteous from the doorman to the maids I give them all five stars.......

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Megan B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
What amazing words of praise!! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We take pride in hiring and training a strong staff that has investment into our property. We love when it shows through comments like this one. We hope you come visit us again on your next visit to Knoxville.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Grand Island, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

Choose an executive king because it was on a secure floor and included breakfast. It was not the breakfast I was hoping for but included coffee, bagel & juice. Probably would settle for a king room next time. Staff was very helpful and the hotel is very clean. The lobby was nice and furnishing were new.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments on our property and staff. I do apologize that the breakfast on the 11th floor did not meet your expectations. I assure you those comments have been forwarded to the appropriate department. We hope to see you on your next trip into Knoxville
Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Here on the 9th floor listening to the ambulances going by as well as an occasional train. Trying to work at the desk with a tremendous draft on my feet!! These windows are so thin. All this even though in the reservation request, I specifically asked for a "quiet room location please".

I never go to a hotel expecting an upgrade, but was surprised as a platinum member I was not offered one for two reasons. 1. We went to the restaurant to inquire if it was open - no one was seated in the outer restaurant area. We were told they were seating everyone in the bar area because there wasn't enough people in the hotel to keep the larger restaurant area open. This was at 7:15 pm. 2. Because I had a feeling the front desk person did not truly look to see if there were any upgrades, I looked online at 11:30 pm - yup, as expected, several upgraded rooms are still available.

The room is okay, nothing special. The bathroom is really tiny. When you open the door, it is an inch away from the toilet seat.

On the plus side, underground parking in this bad weather even though it will cost you - which is expected in a city area.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank fitzatl
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear fitzatl,

Thank you for your review. As hospitality professionals, it is our goal to consistently provide superior service at our hotel and we are truly sorry we did not manage this during your stay. We have taken note of the points you've raised and assure you that your thoughts will be shared with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

As an IHG Rewards Club Elite member, we appreciate your loyalty to our brand and hotels.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

Did not plan on spending the night but the weather, snow and distance remaining, conspired to stop me. Great staff from check end to the bartender at "Windows on the Park". Great meal from any restaurant never mind a hotel and again good people. Next morning a healthy breakfast served by Brad and up-beat and helpful waiter. Will visit agin.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Megan B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
We love to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us despite the bad weather that was hindering you from your travels. We take pride in hiring the best team and we are so glad you received the best care. We do hope you come and stay with us again on your next trip to Knoxville.
Birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

This is a very nice hotel that is easy to get to from the Interstate. It is across the street from the Convention Center where my granddaughter was competing in gymnastics. The hotel has a very nice sitting area complete with a fireplace which was very nice. Also, the area around the hotel was very well lit making the walk to the Convention Center feel safe.
The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating even though we arrived before check in time.
Our only concern when we got to our room was it was next to elevators and ice machine, but to our surprise was very quiet and we actually slept in the next morning.

Room Tip: A very nice place to stay while travelling.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a comment on your recent stay with us. It is always a pleasure to hear the wonderful words you had to say. We love our location right next to the convention center and very convenient to anything you may need downtown. I am delighted to hear you had a great rest while here and we do hope you come and stay with us on your next trip into Knoxville.
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

What a wonderful experience I just had at an early morning breakfast at the hotel restaurant at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville. I am a composer, attending The College Music Society Conference at U of Tenn. My server, "Varnell," impressed me so much that I left him a %110 tip! It is so pleasant to be treated, both in a professional and personal manner. He was not overly personal with which to begin, but was extremely friendly without "gushing" and was very helpful and accommodating. Being a professor, I really appreciate working professionals with good "people skills." I engaged him in polite conversation, and he spoke to me in a friendly but professional manner. He seemed to have the ability to engage one on a semi-personal level, but keep his attendance to other customers with professional ease and skill.

It may seem odd that I would write so extensively about such a person, but it seemed to me that this man, Varnell, would/is/should be destined for a position in which he would have more exposure to the hotel clientele as he was such an excellent ambassador for this establishment. The result was a memorable breakfast, that certainly could have remained rather pedestrian or mundane.

TO THE HOTEL MANAGEMENT: Make use of Varnell (I do not know his last name)... he is a WONDERFUL ASSET to your establishment. His people skills are the best I've encountered in a long time. If he is representative of the kind of Human Resources you have at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park, this would then certainly be the "Go-To" place in the city of Knoxville.

Since my work requires extensive travel, being treated so professionally with that extra personal touch, means more than I can express! I certainly hope to return to this Holiday Inn to find Varnell in a position of real professional value to this establishment. Meeting such people makes travel a DELIGHT!

GOOD LUCK TO VARNELL and CONGRATULATIONS to Holiday Inn World's Fair Park for their ability to employ persons of REAL quality!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED...

Dr. Daniel McCarthy
Section Chair/Professor, Composition and Theory
The School of Music
University of Akron
Akron, OH 44303

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Megan B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Dr McCarthy,
Thank you so much for a wonderful comment on Varnell. He is by far an amazing person to work with and to have at our property. We value all the employees that work at our property. We do hope to see you again on your next visit into Knoxville.
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

I have always had pleasant experiences when staying at a Holiday Inn. I live in Knoxville so I have never stayed at this one. I would think the quality of the hotel very comparable to other Holiday Inn's of this caliber. I almost never write a review however the hotel restaurant was unforgettable.... Windows on the Park had wonderful service, the atmosphere was very pleasant with the views and the bar itself looked wonderful. The food however was horrible. My trout was so fishy tasting... not in a good way and the chicken so dry. We did not finish our meals. $50 tab only made it worse. Reviews online revealed the same. I didn't believe them. Believe my friends... believe.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Megan B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a response on your recent dining experience. I want to personally apologize for the quality of food not being up to your preference. This is not something that we take lightly and we want to make sure that each guest has a wonderful relaxing experience while at our property. I promise that your comments have been given to the correct department and if you would like to further discuss this please never hesitate to contact someone from our management team.