“Excellent Conference Hotel”

Ranked #14 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
TN
“Excellent Conference Hotel”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The entire hotel staff was excellent from the front desk to the housekeeping staff. Dined in restaurant more than once and each meal was awesome. The meal for our banquet was exceptional. Hats off to the Chef! Great location, within walking distance to Market Square with lots of shops plus the Farmer's Market on Saturday AM (and Wednesday) until 2 pm. Close enough to walk to the Historic Tennessee Theatre and other museums, etc. The hotel also provided complimentary transportation! Great location and Great Hotel Staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Megan B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We love when guests have the opportunity to see all that Knoxville has to offer. Our restaurant has been recently renovated and we are very proud of their quality and service. Our complimentary shuttle is a great perk of staying with us and we are glad you took advantage of it. We look forward to you visiting us again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

My family and I stay at this Holiday Inn Express on our way to and from Charleston, South Carolina, every other year and it's in a great location right off the highway and close to good places to eat. However, if it's food you want then this hotel has good food also. The rooms are comfortable and that pool on the upper floor gives you a nice view of the city. I always book this hotel if it's available when traveling to our vacation spot. Try it, you'll like it!
Robert M. (Omega Psi Phi) from STL-Roo

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Robert M
HIWFP, General Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments and Four-Star review. We are thrilled that Holiday Inn World's Fair Park has become a part of your summer vacation tradition.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your overall experience and particularly pleased that you were very satisfied with your experience in Windows on the Park. I would put our food and service up against anyone in the city.

We appreciate your feedback and if I can ever be of assistance with reservations on the way to or from South Carolina please do not hesitate to contact me.

Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel as part of my organization's yearly recognition events. Since check in was at 3 pm, we checked our bags at the front desk. Later, we were instructed as to how to use the air conditioning with our hotel cards, and I vaguely heard something about how the AC will shut itself off if the thing doesn't sense movement in the rooms.

Across from our room there was a tray that had obviously been sitting in the hall for quite a while. The red wine in the glasses was dried at the bottom and the half eaten pizza looked almost petrified. Once inside the room, I was struck by the fact that this room not only had double beds, but there was no refrigerator or a microwave. I sat down on my bed and could not only hear the bed springs, but could feel them through the mattress. I pulled the sheets back and could see what looked like an old cheap mattress. Oh, goody. The next morning, after trying to sleep in a room that we couldn't get cool (more like having a fan on and moving the warm, humid air around) and much tossing and turning to get comfortable, I felt as though I had been kicked by a mule, my back and sides hurt so bad. I think I managed to doze for a grand total of an hour.

I went downstairs to the restaurant thinking that some coffee and a nice breakfast would help recharge my batteries. Nope. I was greeted by a sign that said "Wait to be seated". I waited....and waited. Finally, after about five minutes, I see someone that looked like they worked there. I asked if I could sit at the table by my friends. She snapped at me and told me that they had to clean the tables. That's when I looked around and noticed that there were about ten people already eating and ALL of the other tables were filthy. Can you say bad management? They KNEW about these three groups. They KNEW that there would be a lot of people in the restaurant at one time due to the group's schedule. You THINK they could have scheduled an extra person to bus tables? Apparently not.

It only got "better". Apparently the organization I was with managed to negotiate a price of $10.00 for the wondrous assortment of goodies before me (regular price was $13.95 plus gratuity...for you getting your OWN food). So, where shall I start? With the scrumptious POWDERED EGGS? Or the bacon that was so greasy that I could only eat two bites? Or the "sausage" that didn't taste like sausage (still wondering what it really was)...or the bowl of red semi-chunky stuff? The only thing I could recognize were the small bits of onion. The woman seated next to me told me it was corned beef hash, and added that it was so awful that she wasn't going to eat it. There were a couple of different types of pastries, but like the sausage, after one bite, I discreetly removed it from my mouth. Considering how much I LOVE pastries speaks volumes as to how crappy they were. In the end, I pushed aside an entire plate of disgusting inedible food and went back and decided on a bagel. So...I managed to have a $10.00 bagel, a cup of coffee and a glass of juice.

Then after the morning meeting, around 11:30 I went up to my room to get my bag, and there across the hall was the tray with the petrified pizza and dried wine glasses. All I could do is think of how this food in the hall could attract mice, rats, cockroaches etc.
The ONLY thing it has in its favor is the location. But for the crap room, crap bed, crappier, overpriced breakfast (seriously, in a hotel that claims the rooms go for $400 a night?)

They couldn't pay me to stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: The ONLY tip I have to get a good room is to NOT stay at this hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Noleone, General Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I sincerely apologize for any inconsistencies experienced during your visit.

That said, I feel like some of your comments and frustrations are misdirected. It became clear almost as soon as your group arrived that you had been misadvised by the host company for this event. I have nothing against "multi-level marketing" companies/programs but whatever message occurred in our meeting space set the tone for anger, disdain and mistrust. Never in almost 30 years in this business have I felt so bad for the staff who bore the wrath of such a collectively unhappy group of people.

I am truly sorry that you left unsatisfied as it is our goal to not only meet but exceed your expectations. I can only recommend that wherever you stay in the future you bring any areas of opportunity to the attention of management while you are still a guest as I can almost guarantee they will do everything in their power to try and make it right.

Cross Plains, Tennessee
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I haven't been in Knoxville since the Worlds fair and am very pleased to see how everything has changed and how beautiful the hotel is and right beside the space ball building, so beautiful.
I got some great pictures. The pool is on the second floor and we were on the 11th floor which served breakfast and made us feel really special. Great place!

• Stayed May 2014
Victoria P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this review, 26 January 2015
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope you will come back and visit us again!
Tremont, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This was my second time to stay at this hotel. I have to say they really know what they're doing! The first trip was for business, this trip was for pleasure (Dolly Parton concert). EVERYTHING, right down to the shuttle drivers, was A+! The staff is so accommodating and helpful, and the property itself is positioned amongst some great attractions. So glad we had time to walk around and see some sights this time. A beautiful area in a beautiful city! I would recommend this hotel to anyone, for any reason. Thanks for making this trip even more memorable for us!

Room Tip: Just pick one, you can't go wrong.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so glad that we were able to accommodate every request! We hope you will come back and visit us again whether it is business or pleasure!
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed here on a stop-over night as we began our road trip of Tennessee. Front desk service was excellent. Having complimentary parking was awesome. The hotel was recently renovated/re-decorated and it's lovely. Our room was awesome, with a comfortable king bed, plenty of pillows and quiet all night - in spite of the hotel being packed for university graduation.

The location, for our purposes, was great. We walked to the Market Square and enjoyed a cool beverage (actually, more than 1!!) on one of the many patios, browsed the shops and then had dinner. It was a great way to unwind after a long day in the car.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Noleone, General Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your very kind comments. We feel our location central to downtown and the University of Tennessee and the comfort of the hotel are second to none.

We are thrilled you enjoyed the hotel and glad that you could get out and explore the sites and experience Market Square.

If I can ever be of assistance on future visits, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best,

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We arrived for early checking but were told there were no rooms available until after three. We were there for the Leukemia Lymphoma Society Team in Training taking part in the REV 3 Triathalon. We walked to Market Square and had lunch at a Farm to table restaurant that was very good. I cannot remember the name if it though. It was on a corner of the square.
We checked in at 3:30pm and were given a room on the Executive Floor with a great view overlooking the World's Fair Park and Sunsphere. Included in our room rate was a continental breakfast which included fresh waffles, fresh fruit, pastries, yougurt, granola, bagels and toast and juice. There was a gentleman with the hotel that made and served the waffles to order. Eggs of some kind would have made this a great breakfast. The room was a large King room with great toiletries from my favorit Bath and Body Works. I would return to the hotel IF I had to return to Knoxville. Nothing else to see but the Square and the college.

Room Tip: Executive floor facing the park if they will include it in your best price.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
We are so pleased the you enjoyed your stay at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park. The Rev3 Triathlon is something that we all look forward to every year in Knoxville.

It is unfortunate you didn't have sufficient time to experience all that Knoxville has to offer. While Market Square and UT are among some highlights, there is so much more. We have the Knoxville Zoo and the Botanical Gardens. There is minor league hockey and baseball. There are a myriad of outdoor sports within easy walking or drive distance. There is history, a vibrant music scene, and other eclectic entertainment districts. There are theaters, cultural venues and the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame. In short, you just scratched the surface.

We encourage you to stop in at Visit Knoxville's Visitor's Center or ask one of our well-versed team members on your next visit to town. Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance with future reservations.

Best,