“The Best”

Ranked #15 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“The Best”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I travel 26 states with about 135 nights a year at a hotel and in the Holiday Inn about 99% of the time. From the time I checked in with Rusty (he should teach others how to greet and check in visitors), to the young fellow on the 11th floor that had been employed only 2 weeks to find extra coffee for me, to the older gentlemen in a great suit welcoming me to the restaurant/lounge, to Merideth in the lounge that was the perfect compliment to a long day. Merideth was gracious, pleasant, and when I was not completely satisfied with my dinner, went out of her way to may it right. It is worth the trip just to relax in the lounge and have Merideth as your server. I asked for the manager and Siler talked with me and welcomed compliments as well as complaints which I had none. I will go out of my way to stay here again.

Room Tip: Conceirge floor is terrific.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Megan B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. I am thrilled to see a negative experience turned into a positive one with the help of our wonderful staff. We hope you come back anytime you are in town!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 15 July 2014

this is a nice hotel and appeared to be remodeled..The room was energy efficient and the key card controlled the air. The the staff was friendly, however one of the desk persons was not very knowledgeable of the area. I got more advise and information about the area from my waiter, Mr. Varnell who worked in the restaurant. He was a pleasure to talk to while we waited for our omelets The restaurants breakfast buffet is a real bargain at $13.95 all you can eat and the beverage is included. The hotel is on the trolley line which means you can ride to places like ' market square" a nice area of local restaurants. would have loved a mini fridge in the room to keep beverages cold.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for writing a review on your recent stay with us at The Holiday Inn World's Fair Park. I am so pleased that you were able to enjoy our wonderful breakfast buffet and the staff in our restaurant Windows on The Park. I do apologize that our front desk agent was not able to give you more information, but pleased Varnell was there to help you. We do also have a complimentary shuttle that will take our guests in a 3 mile radius of the hotel. Next time you are in feel free to ask for a refrigerator, we have them available for $7 a day.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 12 July 2014

What a pleasant night we had at The Windows of the World lounge at the Holiday Inn World's Fair Park. We were at the convention center for a trade show and although we normally do not stay at this hotel when we are in town, we definitely will again. After the show, we decided to stop by the lounge for a cocktail before heading out to dinner. We sat at the bar and met Siler (awesome bartender) and after a round, decided against going out for dinner. Had the sirloin steak that was really good and then heard about the apple pie moonshine wings and had them as well. Not often that you see the manager cleaning tables and checking on the guests, but we were welcomed by Patrick Bilyk. So happy to not have to walk downtown on a hot & humid night and to have a good meal and great service. Thanks again. We will be back !!

Room Tip: Convenient to everything !
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
HIWFP, General Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments and your Five-Star review. It is a real pleasure to have you as a part of our ever-growing legion of repeat guests.

I will be sure to pass on your feedback to Siler, Patrick and the rest of our culinary team. I would put our team up against any restaurant in Knoxville.

If I can ever be of assistance with future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you again for taking the time to write.

Regards,

Pittsburgh PA
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Overall very nice, with a few pluses and a couple minuses.

Bed was very comfortable. Pillows were good, but really small for some reason. Bathroom was nice but a little small. The rest of the room was huge, and even included a nice sitting area.

Be sure to walk towards the back of the lobby and check out the giant Rubik's Cube, and then take an escalator ride down to World's Fair Park and the Sunsphere. (You can get back into the hotel from the park if you use your keycard.)

Good parking situation (a lot cheaper than teh Hilton, but then again the Hilton has a Starbucks in the lobby...) and friendly staff.

About a 10 minute walk from a bunch of restaurants and bars (which I believe is called Market Square) and the walk is safe and relatively flat.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms (like 531) don't have a view of the park or sunsphere.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to write and for sharing your experience. We sincerely appreciate your Four-Star review. Oddly enough, yesterday was Erno Rubik's birthday and this year marks the 40th Anniversary of the Rubik's Cube.

There is no denying Starbucks is a wildly popular brand. However, I hope you had a chance to try the Valentine coffee we serve in FairGrounds, our lobby coffee bistro. I know coffee is an incredibly subjective topic but I feel the Valentine is a vastly superior product.

Please contact our housekeeping department on your next visit. We have a number of pillows to suit different needs. In the meantime, if I can ever be of assistance with reservations please do not hesitate to contact me.

Jacksonville, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We've stayed at this hotel multiple times over the past couple years and each time we've had a great experience. The location (right off highway 40 and within walking distance of downtown attractions), the restaurant (food, prices and service), the service, the rooms and the parking are all excellent.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
HIWFP, General Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write and share your experience. I am so pleased that you rated your stay Five-Star.

We appreciate the fact that Holiday Inn World's Fair Park has become your regular stop when in Knoxville. If there is ever anything I can do to assist you with reservations please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you again for feedback.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

We loved the location of this hotel. It was an easy walk (or free shuttle) ride to Market Square for food and shopping.
The hotel itself was average. The rooms were big and clean but nothing fancy. Our microwave was missing the spinning tray so my daughter couldn't get her popcorn to pop. They didn't make up the sofa bed for us even though my reservation clearly said we were staying with 4 people and we had to call down for pillows for them too. The sheets and towels were clean but scratchy.
The lounge was nice and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Over all the place was fine, especially for a short stay.

Stayed July 2014
HIWFP, General Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write and share your feedback. I'm afraid that good is not good enough for us.

If you will email me with the name on the reservation and dates of stay I will research a bit further. Depending on the channel by which you made your reservation, there are details that sometimes don't make it to the property level to anticipate your needs. Therefore, I would like to dig a little deeper. It won't excuse anything, it will just help explain.

I have also sent our housekeeping department on an audit of all of the microwaves to make sure they all have the glass carousels. I sincerely apologize that it was cause for inconvenience.

Should your travels bring you back to Knoxville in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will personally facilitate your reservation. Thank you again for sharing your feedback.

Regards,

mbauer@hiknoxdwtn.com
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My family and I were traveling from Wisconsin when we decided to stop for the night in Knoxville before driving the rest of the way the next day. My wife insisted Holiday Inn, however I must admit I suggested the Hilton. After driving over 10 hours it was literally a breath of fresh air walking into such a clean, convenient, and professional hotel. Check in was effortless and we quickly went to our room so we could rest for a few hours. We woke up refreshed and hungry, especially our two small children. As we ventured out to grab what we thought would be a complimentary breakfast we encountered a full service restaurant that does not offer a typical hotel breakfast. The lady working the front (Brandi) talked us into looking at the buffet and offered a menu as well. We were sold on the buffet after seeing the huge selection and after being greeted by the omelet cook (Dennis) who is quite entertaining! The entire meal was perfect, great quality and value. The service and detail was totally unexpected. Our server (Brad) was amazing we never had to ask for anything, somehow he just knew what we needed. My wife made the comment that she felt like we were the only patrons dining in the restaurant because of the attention we received from the entire staff. Upon paying our bill Brandi pointed out that the kids eat for free, which is great. She also gave us an area map and some fun things to do within walking distance for the kids to enjoy. Instead of leaving as planned we walked around the park and visited the Sunsphere. Before departing we bought some items from the gift shop and a couple gourmet coffee's for the road and they were just as wonderful as everything else. We applaud this fantastic establishment and the staff that goes above and beyond to make the guests feel important and not disposable like so many places do these days! Truly hospitable people are hard to find!

Room Tip: We had a wonderful park view!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Alabamagolfer
HIWFP, General Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Wow, what an incredible review! Thank you so much for sharing such a detailed account of your experience and for the Five-Star review.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and will be certain to pass along all of your very kind comments to our staff. Thankfully, it sounds like your wife controls the decision-making for the family or you could have been staying at that other hotel that starts with an "H." :)

Should your travels bring you back to Knoxville in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me as it would be my pleasure to assist you with reservations. Once again, thank you for taking the time to write.