“too noisy!”

Ranked #14 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
ch
“too noisy!”
Reviewed 14 November 2010

I was hearing traffic and sirens all the night during the week..
Then over the weekend a kind of event nearby waking me up at 7:00...
Other day there was a wedding and drunk people doing noise at 4:00, shouting in the middle of the corridor and banging doors.

The hotel should change all the windows and air conditioning systems... I wouldn't try it again in its current state.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 20 October 2010

My family and I were looking forward to a restful night's sleep after driving for almost 8 hours. Upon check in it was apparent the renovations were not yet complete which was fine. There was a gathering of folks in the lobby area who were rather loud.
We found our room and unpacked our things. It was around 11:00 pm.
When we were ready to retire about 11:40pm, I remarked to my husband that the other quests were rather loud. I called the front desk. I spoke with a member of the front desk staff. I do not recall his name. I was told there were several wedding parties at the hotel. When I inquired about changing rooms, i was told because the wedding parties had rooms in various places in the hotel, he could not ensure the other floors would be quiet. I was told, he would call the police and have the officer speak with the guests in the next room and remind them of the quiet policy as it was late in the evening. I did hear the Police knock on the door . However, the newly found quiet was short lived. The other quests were noisy in their rooms and in the hallway. My husband slept perhaps an hour or two the entire night. In addition to the rude guests, I felt as if I was back in New York City. The level of street noise was very loud. I myself, woke up several times due to the combination of hotel noise and street noise. The beds themselves were very hard and uncomfortable, Also, the remote to the TV did not work.
When I mentioned this to Lauren at the front desk the next morning. Lauren apologied for the noise. She stated she was not sure why our request to change rooms was denied. She was aware of the name of the young man with whom I spoke with the prior eveniing. She was very nice, but made no attempt to make amends or offer to get the manager. As a result, we decided to check out of the rooms early. Upon leaving, we were encouraged by Lauren to come back and try this hotel again..
When I arrived home, i contacted Holday Inn via the website. I received a standard email reply, stating appreciation for my input. I was told my complaint had been forwarded to the manager at the hotel in Knoxville. It has been a close to two weeks since I contacted Holiday Inn. Thus far, no one from the Holiday Inn Knoxville World's Fair has contacted us regarding our less than ideal stay. Very disappointing. We ended up staying at another location in town, which was cheaper and slightly more comfortable. Still looking for a good quality, reasonably priced hotel in Knoxville.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
NASHVILLE
Reviewed 10 October 2010

I stayed at the Holiday Inn World's Fair during a conference I attended on the UT campus. The hotel is very conveniently located and I especially appreciated the free shuttle service they offer to nearby attractions. I stayed in a newly remodeled room and it was very nice. I was a little disappointed that they had a lovely flat screen HD television, but apparently only a very poor quality analog signal. It was helpful in encouraging me to read rather than watch tv though, so perhaps not a bad thing.

The staff was very courteous and helpful. While I did not eat at a hotel restaurant, the catered food that was offered at a reception sponsored by the conference I was attending was very good. Overall, a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank TIM S
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Reviewed 23 September 2010

Stayed at this hotel for three nights while in town for the UF/UT football game. The second night there our car got broken into and a few items were stolen. To make matters worse, the hotel never informed me about a parking charge so upon checkout I noticed a $30 charge. I asked the service manager if he could waive the fee since our car did get broken into and he wouldn't. All he gave of was 4 free drijk tickets. What kind of hotel offers free drinks tickets as compensation for your car getting broken into? There are plenty of other hotels nearby to stay at where I'm sure there is better customer service.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank JenniferHFL03
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 26 August 2010

I just attended the 2010 Indiegrrl International Music Conference & Festival at the Holiday Inn World’s Fair and can't compliment the staff enough. These people don't know what the word "no" or "can't" is. They are the most helpful and friendly staff that I've ever encountered in any hotel. The people in Knoxville are friendly, but this hotel must go far and wide to employ only the best of the best.

Although I didn't stay in one of the newly remodeled rooms, my room was very clean and comfortable. Will definitely be back next year for the conference and will certainly recommend this hotel for any of my friends who are going to Knoxville! I can't wait to see the renovations!

All I'll say until the renovations are complete is this - If you're more interested in decor than service, stay someplace else but if you want a clean, comfortable room where the service is First Class, stay at the Holiday Inn World's Fair Park - you won't be disappointed.

Oh, and if you're contemplating setting up a conference in Knoxville, you NEED to contact this hotel - the GM, Michael Parisi and his staff will make sure that they do everything they can to make it a success.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Fiji
Reviewed 14 August 2010

This a great location - short walk to the UT campus, or Market Square in downtown Knoxville. The convention center is attached to the hotel, and there is a nice park next to the hotel. The hotel is currently renovating all the rooms, so check first to see if you can stay in one of the newly renovated rooms. The laundry room is currently on a floor that is being renovated, so it is not accessible. Nice pool area, and excellent complimentary wi-fi. They charge for breakfast, and parking is $7 a day in addition to the room rate. No mini-fridge in room. There are several other hotels within walking distance that look nice.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
AnnaFisk01, Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this review, 17 August 2010
Thank you for taking your time to write a review about your visit here at the Holiday Inn World's Fair Park! We thank you for the nice compliments and information you provided about our hotel. For future reference, we can provide Micro-Fridges for a small fee of $7.00. For the $7.00 parking charge, we are the least expensive in downtown Knoxville.
If you reserve a room on our new Executive Level, breakfast is included. Also, when available, we offer upgrades to our Executive Level to Priority Club members. Our new guest laundry will be reopened on September 1, along with 2 more newly renovated floors. We are almost halfway through our renovation that is due to be completed in August of 2011. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Knoxville.
Reviewed 5 August 2010

My daughter and I were greeted by soft chocolate chip cookies and lemonade when we came into the lobby. I found the rooms to be clean, although I did not have one of the remodeled rooms they are in the process of updating all of them. I did get an excellent price through Priceline .
What I did find exceptional was the genuine kindness of every employee I met, The employees at this hotel go above an beyond the call of duty, That makes you feel safe and secure when your traveling alone with your 4 year old daughter.
A special thank you to Arlieta and Sarah that work behind the desk.
I know others complained about noise in other posts but I didn't find that to be an issue at all.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
AnnaFisk01, Manager at Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville, responded to this review, 5 August 2010
On behalf of all the staff here at the Holiday Inn World's Fair Park, thank you! We are working hard and diligently to improve this property and look forward to seeing you in the future. Our main focus here is guest services and responsiveness to needs for all of our guests. Thank you for being our guest!