Knoxville Marriott
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$140
HolidayInn.com
US$163
US$151
  • Restaurant
US$120
Comfort Suites North(Knoxville)(Great Value!)
US$83
La Quinta
US$126
US$117
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Cedar Bluff Inn(Knoxville)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$94
All reviewswomen's basketball hall of famethe concierge loungecivic centerstayed at the marriottriver viewfree trolleytennessee riverdowntown areabit datedan older hotelomeletnice staymarket squarestaff was friendlybeds were very comfortablelobbyconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 June 2013 via mobile

Late night work session in the lobby with spotty internet turned into an interesting situation when multiple fire trucks arrived outside and firemen came through the front doors wielding axes. The fire alarm went off ~30 min after the fire was put out and shirtless people started wandering out of their rooms- not very safe of efficient. Like another reviewer said, this hotel looks like a sad version of Disney's contemporary hotel, it's old and clearly has water issues when it rains, hence the mold and random towel thrown every where to absord water. My room was fine, clean, great river view, no noise issues. The conceriege lounge is small, and the printer only worked sometimes. The hotel service was great though, every staff member I encountered was extremely personable.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Very nice service at this Marriott. We only stayed for one night, as we were stopping to visit a friend on the way home from a long vacation/trip. Glad we stayed here, as we felt pampered. The bar had a nice menu for a late snack and drink. Nice view from the room. Fatih and Beverly were two very nice Marriott employees. We would stay here again on our next trip passing through Knoxville. This hotel is not directly downtown but a few blocks from Gay St. (main street). The Women's Basketball Hall of Fame next door. The free parking was a bonus.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Just returned from a 5 night stay. In Kville for a huge competition with about 15,000 people. The hotel was packed with kids of all ages and manners. Whatever I saw that would bother me as a business owner and staff, they took care of effortlessly and with a smile. Employees went out of their way to help.
Great location to the Knoxville Convention Center. Easy 20 minute walk.
The rooms were nice. The beds were super comfortable. Felt kind of foam-like. No springs poking me. Bathrooms were a good size. Everything was very clean. No stains on bedding or towels.
Our room had 2 entry doors. One door and the windows faced the open lobby and it was very loud with all of the late night fun of our huge group. I would assume that on a normal night, this wouldn't be an issue. The lobby is huge and has lots of nice sitting areas to enjoy a drink from the bar :)
Pool was heated and clean - even with all of the kids!
I can't say enough about the staff of this hotel. Marriott Management --- these people deserve an award!

Room Tip: If very noise sensitive, ask for a room without a "lobby view". The river views do not the lobby noise.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I travel nearly exclusively at Marriott. They've done a nice job with carpet, beds, furniture, granite in the bathroom. If you know Marriott, typical named hotels are Category 5 and higher. This one is category 4. The reason is - frankly - the building is in horrible shape. There is mold, the walls and overall structure seem 1950ish. The insulation is horrible (there's a kid's convention which makes it worse). The building itself looks like the Contemporary Hotel at Disney except this one is old, tired, and just yucky. I did not eat or use the gym. The Internet spotty at best, the lobby blah. Housekeeping needs work unless you like hairs on your sheets plus blood stains (at least it's dry).

If this was a Doubletree or Crowne Plaza, I'd understand as they are typically "dated." I'm surprised Marriott would keep it's name on this one - but that's why it's a category 4 which is typical for Courtyard or Spring HIll.

The Hampton and Hilton are both closer to UT and from the outside look nicer. But if you get a deal here, I suppose it's worth it. Not horrible....just...not Marriott standards.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank TravelManSouth
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I have stayed at this marriott countless times for work. (about one time per month for the last few years) I would normally say that the staff is great even though the hotel is a little out dated.

However, I came to check in at the end of a long work day and was told that the rooms I booked could not be honored due to a convention in town and no discount was offered. The nice girl at the front desk was very helpful but the assistant manager was more willing to book us at a Hilton across town than he was willing to accomodate our needs. Just got up to the VERY expensive room and there are blood stains on the mattress showing through the sheets...ewww...

My last stay here, the printer in the concierge louge was broken. I was told by the front desk that I could print downstairs for free. I was then charged almost 40 dollars to my credit card for printing. An honest mistake so I called and explained and was transfered to leave a message on a voicemail. A week later...no return call. Long story short over 45 mins on the phone 3 voicemails later it was finally resolved but took almost a month and a half to get a refund.

In my opinion business travelers should beware......and double check credit card statements!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business