“Great Hotel”

Ranked #40 of 86 Hotels in Knoxville
Boone, North Carolina
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Recently stayed for a weekend reunion. Hotel was happy to accomodate reservations made seperately to get four rooms located next to each other. Restaurant was a little pricey, but you expect that in a hotel. The breakfast buffet was around $15 but food was good. Close to downtown with a trolley service that ran until 10 (except on Sunday I think). Everyone at the hotel was very accomodating, and the doorman was especially helpful in some recommendations of cabs and restaurants. Front desk even called to make sure we were happy with everything. A large group of my friends and I do this trip often. In the past we had stayed at another hotel and were pretty please, but from now on this is the place for us.

Room Tip: Our rooms overlooked the river. I understand that the rooms on the otherside of the hotel had a bal...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I arrived at this Marriott at 10:30 p.m. Room service closed at 11:00 and usually that means they will not take orders after 10:30. I order dinner at 10:45 and had it in my room by 10:55 with the nicest service possible. Rooms are comfortable, clean, well air conditioned and have great views of the city. Front desk extremely helpful. Taxis waiting at the door.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Memphisbelle2013
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The hotel is conveniently located to the downtown and a 15 minute walk through a very clean and safe city. Check in was seamless with a welcoming and helpful staff. Upgraded to a nice suite with balcony. Concierge floor well appointed and knowledgable . A great stay, thanks to the team

• Stayed August 2013
Lexington, NC
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Interesting atrium hotel in downtown Knoxville. Staff in every area were very helpful. The rooms in the upper floors are more quiet. Comfortable sleeping, well appointed rooms, very clean. Would love to return to the hotel for pleasure. Downtown Knoxville seemed to have a lot to offer, but conference did not allow time for much exploration.

Room Tip: Upper floors are more quiet and do not have 2 entrances.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We were so impressed with the Marriott. The hotel is comfortable, it is in a quiet location. No traffic noise, etc. The rooms are comfortable and clean. Breakfast was amazing. They have a shuttle that can take you to certain points of interest, and the trolley stops here as well. The staff was friendly and accomodating. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Cedarhurst, New York
Reviewed 6 August 2013

From the time I called to confirm my reservation to the time I checked out, this Marriott did not disappoint!!!!!! The problem I had was taken care of with a smile and a kind word! Every time I walked by the front desk, the staff greeted me and asked how my weekend was going. The hotel is in a good location and the trolley stop makes sight seeing a breeze. When I find myself back in Knoxville, this will be the ONLY place I will stay.
(only one small negative, rooms are not always ready at check-in time but again, the inconvenience was taken care of by the staff)

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the river.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Lake Mary, Florida
Reviewed 5 August 2013

My son had business to attend to in Knoxville for one day. We stayed overnight; our room was very comfortable & clean. We enjoyed a very nice view of the river from our room. The Hotel has a very nice Gym and pool area.We ate Dinner & breakfast there at the hotel, both was very good. The staff was very nice and accommodating. Check out was at 12 but my son’s business was going to put us pass check out time so I told the staff and they graciously extended the checkout time 2 more hours.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business