“highwayinkers”
Review of Knoxville Marriott

Knoxville Marriott
Ranked #46 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed 3 nights there. First we had 3 fridges that froze everything we bought 3 times. All our fruit milk almond milk everything. Then the fourth one was ok But no compensation for what we lost that was disappointing. Then we went to the race and got home at 1 am to find the ceiling leaking all over the bed so had to change rooms.
We booked the package from Premier Sports. They had an awesome package but the bus system sure needs a lot of improvement. I was told it let us off at the building I had to walk a long distance to get a golf cart ( I have walking problems) then got there and they told us when the checkered flag drops we have 1 hour to get back there. which I thought was fine. but the elevator to get down was 1 hour before it worked then another long time to get a golf cart then. when I called Mary said well find your own way back and its a 2 hour drive. then she called and said well one bus is still there can you hurry. got there but I made sure the next night I had my own way back to the hotel. but I will say going on the bus Matt who worked for Premier could not have been better. He said they would wait for us but he made sure there was a golf cart at the bus for me that day which is the way it should be. I'd book it again if he was there but no other way. Very expensive for some of it but My son loved it so that is all that matters.

Room Tip: I did not use the children activites nor the spa my children are grown up and we went for the Nascar...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Recently stayed for a weekend reunion. Hotel was happy to accomodate reservations made seperately to get four rooms located next to each other. Restaurant was a little pricey, but you expect that in a hotel. The breakfast buffet was around $15 but food was good. Close to downtown with a trolley service that ran until 10 (except on Sunday I think). Everyone at the hotel was very accomodating, and the doorman was especially helpful in some recommendations of cabs and restaurants. Front desk even called to make sure we were happy with everything. A large group of my friends and I do this trip often. In the past we had stayed at another hotel and were pretty please, but from now on this is the place for us.

Room Tip: Our rooms overlooked the river. I understand that the rooms on the otherside of the hotel had a bal...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I arrived at this Marriott at 10:30 p.m. Room service closed at 11:00 and usually that means they will not take orders after 10:30. I order dinner at 10:45 and had it in my room by 10:55 with the nicest service possible. Rooms are comfortable, clean, well air conditioned and have great views of the city. Front desk extremely helpful. Taxis waiting at the door.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Memphisbelle2013
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The hotel is conveniently located to the downtown and a 15 minute walk through a very clean and safe city. Check in was seamless with a welcoming and helpful staff. Upgraded to a nice suite with balcony. Concierge floor well appointed and knowledgable . A great stay, thanks to the team

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Interesting atrium hotel in downtown Knoxville. Staff in every area were very helpful. The rooms in the upper floors are more quiet. Comfortable sleeping, well appointed rooms, very clean. Would love to return to the hotel for pleasure. Downtown Knoxville seemed to have a lot to offer, but conference did not allow time for much exploration.

Room Tip: Upper floors are more quiet and do not have 2 entrances.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We were so impressed with the Marriott. The hotel is comfortable, it is in a quiet location. No traffic noise, etc. The rooms are comfortable and clean. Breakfast was amazing. They have a shuttle that can take you to certain points of interest, and the trolley stops here as well. The staff was friendly and accomodating. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2013

From the time I called to confirm my reservation to the time I checked out, this Marriott did not disappoint!!!!!! The problem I had was taken care of with a smile and a kind word! Every time I walked by the front desk, the staff greeted me and asked how my weekend was going. The hotel is in a good location and the trolley stop makes sight seeing a breeze. When I find myself back in Knoxville, this will be the ONLY place I will stay.
(only one small negative, rooms are not always ready at check-in time but again, the inconvenience was taken care of by the staff)

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the river.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends