“hotrod weekend”

Ranked #43 of 86 Hotels in Knoxville
Georgia
“hotrod weekend”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We were there for a hotrod show and nothing goes better than hotrods, good hotel, and good people running it.Good people like Janey Sanders. When I checked in I asked for a different room the the one she had for me. She said hold on. She came back and said here is your room. Janey Is there to make your stay good and it shows. The rooms are big and clean. The beds arecomfortable. You can eat, drink, and be merry in a big open lobby. With a parking lot full of hotrod, you need good people out side, looking out for your cars. The gards were the best. They are all ways letting you know that they want you there and that they want you to come back.We are there every year, and i will be back.

Room Tip: Talk to Janey Sanders
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My husband is a platinum member at Marriott, and we have stayed at their properties all over the world. This one was average for the brand, but better than many other hotels at which we've stayed. This hotel is within view and walking distance of two small strip shopping centers, which include a couple of restaurants.
I was surprised that there was no one at the desk when we arrived and no one when we were ready to check out. There was no bell to ring or any way to summon or notify the front desk attendant that we were there, so we just had to wait for someone to show up.

Room Tip: Hotel is not right on the main street so noise is not a problem.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I really enjoy this hotel, I've been there quite a few times for conventions. Nice open lobby. Interesting design. Plenty of spaces for conventions of fairly large size. Plus its attached to another arena via walkway. If you want to go downtown its a short 10 minute walk. Also the restaurant in the hotel is fantastic.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the either side I prefer the river. But as long as you a higher room the view is go...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Indiana
Reviewed 6 May 2014

It's not the most modern Marriott, but what it lacks in new décor, it makes up for with the incredibly nice people that work there. They took back my dinner even after I told them it was completely my mistake for not realizing the meal was a pasta dish. They were helpful with directions and checking in and out. The beds were very comfortable and the patio was a nice place to just get a breath of fresh air. Conveniently located right off the interstate. Can walk to Ruth's Chris and Calhoun's. Right next door to Women's Basketball Hall of Fame. I will say the bathroom walls are paper thin. I never heard people other than when I was in the bathroom. Weird.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Florence, Alabama
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I have stayed here several times, most recently for several days in April. The rooms are always very clean and the staff is always very friendly. The atrium rooms are a little strangle with a front and a back door and the only window opens where people walking by can see in. Not a problem for me but some might not like it. The food was great and the breakfast room service was always right on time.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Check in was quick and easy, and staff was very polite and friendly yet efficient. Waitstaff in the lounge and restaurant were also very attentive. I had to lecture in one of the rooms, and the AV person was great! The workout rooms had great views, too. The only things keeping it from 5 stars for me were: limited lunch selections with no where else nearby, nowhere to plug your phone in near the bedside tables, and no free WIFI. I don't know why Marriott's persist in trying to charge guests for WiFi, it's annoying!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Christine A
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Well Marriott is Marriott, the hotel's good, service is good, stuff is friendly. But there's one weird thing - they have rooms with windows looking to the inside hall of the hotel! Like on a cruise liner if you have ever been on it. And that's a big mistake - I couldn't open the window the whole week.
One more thing - terribly law speed of Internet connection. Cable is very slow, wi-fi doesn't work at all ("inside view" room on the 6th floor).
That's the problems I've noticed, all other amenities and services are perfect.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
KMarriott, Manager at Knoxville Marriott, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback! I apologize you didn't like the view from your room and that you had trouble with the internet. It has been addressed with our Engineering team. Please feel free to contact us directly if you'll be in Knoxville again, and we'll be sure to place you in a room with an outside view. Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope to see you again in the future.