“Just fair”

Ranked #40 of 86 Hotels in Knoxville
A TripAdvisor Member
“Just fair”
Reviewed 28 June 2004

We stayed at the Knoxville Marriott for 4 nights in Dec 2003. IMO, this property does not represent typical Marriott quality. It is very tired & in need of a major overhaul. We could hear every word of the conversation in the room next to us, so the walls are paper thin. I would not stay there again.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Plano, Texas
Reviewed 17 May 2004

This is hotel is average at best. Nothing spectacular at all. Rooms just looked like any other generic Marriott hotel. Everything was clean and in fairly good condition. Looked a little tired to me. Did not eat in the restaurant, but it looked nice. When I return Knoxville, I will be staying at the Radisson Summit Hill. I had to stay there for my last night. It's probably more expesnive, but well worth the money. Much more upscale with more charm and character... and a much nicer staff. The staff at the Marriott we're helpful, but not real personable. I personally prefer hotels that have their own uniqueness and character. The Marriott is not like this. It's nice, just not that special.

4 Thank wgt1984
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 September 2003

I was in Knoxville Tennessee on July 19 had a 35 year reunion there and stayed at the Marriot downtown. The hotel was beautiful and I enjoyed the smoky mountains and gatlinburg and I would have to say Knoxville is a wonderful place to visit I hope to go again soon. Plan to go next year for another vacation. thanks Kaye Paz

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Travellers also viewed these Knoxville hotels
Crowne Plaza Knoxville
Hilton Knoxville
#22 of 86 in Knoxville
Holiday Inn World's Fair Park-Knoxville
Hilton Garden Inn Knoxville/University

Been to Knoxville Marriott? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Knoxville Marriott

Property: Knoxville Marriott
Address: 501 E. Hill Avenue, Knoxville, TN 37915
Region: United States > Tennessee > Knoxville
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #40 of 86 Hotels in Knoxville
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Knoxville Marriott 3.5*
Discover downtown Knoxville from memorable and ideally located accommodations at Knoxville Marriott. You'll notice the difference in our downtown Knoxville, Tennessee hotel the moment you step into our doors, which are steps from top destinations including Knoxville Convention Center and University of Tennessee, Gatlinburg. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Kognitiv US Corp, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Knoxville Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Marriott Knoxville Hotel Knoxville