“Classy hotel and perfect Market Square location”

Crowne Plaza Knoxville
Ranked #21 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed 27 July 2011

My parents and I stayed here overnight so I could catch an early bus from the transit center nearby. The property has a very classic feel, with original-looking wood furnishings and a grand staircase in the lobby. I wasn't there long enough to try the indoor pool or fitness center but both looked appealing, and there is a great happy hour at the Library Lounge. My room had a view of Market Square, and we were within close walking distance of plenty of great restaurants. Would definitely return to the Crowne Knoxville.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Knoxville

Reviewed 25 July 2011

I have been in the hotel 1 week for a work conference. The holtel is very weel situated. Clean. No problem at all.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2011

Clean rooms, good pillows, friendly staff and underground parking. Getting out of the garage is difficult if you are on a motorcycle. Hard left uphill turn with limited space. Otherwise, it's a great place to stay. Close to central market area with several dining options.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 22 April 2011

Our stay was just what we hoped for. With the room request honored and a very smooth check in, we attended some friends wedding at the Plaza. Our room was clean, comfortable and provided a good nights sleep. We walked to the Market Square and later that night to the famous Old City. The hotel location is perfect for park and walk travelers. We also enjoyed the Hotel lounge. We will stay again when considering the downtown area of Knoxville.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2011

This is a very classy hotel when it comes to looks. I have to stay here for two weeks due to training for a new job. Yesterday, on a Friday night, there was a loud rowdy bunch that checked into the room across from me. When I saw them, I kind of figured it was going to be a problem, in which, later on that night, it was. These young people were all up and down the hallway talking loud, singing, slamming doors, and acting like fools. I went down to the front desk, and they said they would send someone up here. I don't know if they did or not, but it quieted down a little, because I had to turn on my air conditioning unit to drown the noise out. The next day, (today) the same thing happened, but worse. These young people are all up and down the hall, singing, using profanity, slamming doors, talking loud, making out in the hallway, and so on. I just called the front desk, and they pretty much told me that there was nothing they could do because they "had so many events booked for the night'. The man told me that I could pack up all of my things and move all the way to the 10th floor to get away from the noise. I asked if someone could just come up and ask them to stay in their room, and he just kept telling me that once they quiet that group, there was sure to be more noise from the bachelorette party on the floor below me. It should be common sense that one room's occupants should not disturb anyone else that is paying money to stay in the hotel. The walls are paper thin, and you hear absolutely everything that the people in the next rooms are saying, whether they are on the phone or talking to someone in the room with them. The other night, there was a power outage in the whole hotel, and none of the staff offered any explanation of what was going on. Two hours after the power went out, (12:30 a.m.) the fire alarm went off and everybody in the hotel was asked to go outside. We stood outside in the cold for about twenty minutes, then was told that we could go back to our rooms. We had to sleep with no power all night long. I will admit that the hotel staff seemed nice and helpful, up until the point where the guy seemed agitated with me for complaining about all the noise. I complained about noisy, unruly people on the same hall with me, and they obviously sided with them. One more week here to go! I can't see myself coming back here to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 January 2011

We stayed here for New Years, after their party ended we decided to go downtown at 1:45am, we came back at 3:23am. Someone from the hotel entered our room for no reason at 2:08am and stole my wallet out of my purse. The hotel did not know who the master key was checked out under or who had it at the time of break in and there are NO security cameras anywhere not even in the parking garage. Not a safe place for a woman to stay alone while traveling, anyone could walk in the room with a master key at any time. Plus no safes in the room to secure your items.

I had originally thought to stay in and go to bed but Im glad I didn't there is no telling who would've walked in my room?? Or what they could've done to me. Not willing to take those chances and not willing to let this one slide under the rug.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank marketdirect
Reviewed 29 December 2010

The hotel was right downtown with just a short walk to everything. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo