“Excellent accommodations”

Crowne Plaza Knoxville
Ranked #21 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed 5 March 2013

We have been working with the staff at The Crowne Plaza. They have gone out of their way to meet our needs. Preparing for our daughter's wedding they have been their every step of the way. It has been a very pleasant experience. Can't wait for our out of town guests to see their beautiful accomodations. I'm thrilled to have them stay in such an eloquent atmosphere and a convenient downtown location.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Ken K, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Knoxville. We are looking forward to hosting your guests.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Knoxville

Reviewed 2 March 2013

We stayed here with our two small dogs for two nights over Presidents Day weekend, and cannot say enough about the place. The place was immaculate, from the smallest detail in the room, to the elevators, to the stairwells. We were served by awesome wait staff Amy and Anthony in the Mahogany restaurant, as well as enjoying room service. Food was hot, tasty and our servers made you feel like you were the only diners in the room. Thoughtful details like the three separate check in desks we appreciated. Loved the Ladies Only spaces by the hotel entrance in the parking garage...nice for the woman traveling alone. Very quiet on our floor (4th), and I usually walked the dogs down the stairwell to go outside. It's rare to find clean service stairs, but they were clean here! Left expensive headphones in the awesome gym...they mailed them back to me in VA. Great pool, too. Ten out of ten, for sure. Less than $100/night. What a bargain.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Ken K, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Thanks so much. We enjoyed having as our guests.

Reviewed 8 February 2013

I booked 4 nights there and stayed for the initial 3 nights. The morning after the 3rd night I checked out because I finished the business that I was in town for. The lady at the front desk said it was ok and said to also call hotels.com to be safe. I called hotels.com later that day on my way home. They called the hotel to confirm everything. At that time the manager at the Crown Plaza said that they were not going to credit back the last night even though I checked out early that morning and even though I stayed the first 3 nights. They were less than half full while I was there. If they would have been close to full occupancy or if I would have canceled the entire 4 nights at the last minute then I would have gladly paid because that would have been the right thing to do. I just wish that would have been reciprocated. I am in Knoxville often for business but I will NOT be staying there again. There are plenty of other nice hotels in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Christopher E
Ken K, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2013

I apologize for the apparent mix up. If you give me a call I would like to discuss your situation and see what can be done to rectify the situation. My office number is 865 522 2600.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

The beds were so uncomfy I felt like I would bounce off if my son rolled over . I just loved how I could hear every bathroom adventure from the next room . The breakfast buffet was well not worth 12.00 unless you wanted rancid cantaloupe then it was more than worth the price. They offer Starbucks but made by the bar keep who is not trained by Starbucks unless she flunked out.. Friends stayed at Hilton just across the market they had a real Starbucks kiosk and there dbl beds are queen size not full like crowne plazas oh and I guess they paid there heat bill cause they were warm enough in the lobby to take your jacket off unlike the crowne but hey if you wanna pay over priced for a bouncy full size bed which is their standard size and a chilly lobby and you have a fetish for hearing what the room next door down the hall are doing then stay at the crowne other wise I suggest staying at the Hilton !!!!!

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Barbara P
Ken K, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2013

I am sorry you didn't enjoy your stay but hope you had a good time in Knoxville.

Reviewed 13 January 2013

I chose this hotel primarily because they took pets, and I had my dog with me.

The sheets were clean, the bed was comfortable, and the pillows were excellent. The room had a 50" flatscreen that didn't work. The front desk said they were having 'comcast problems," and maintenance brought 3 different TVs and was in and out of my room all evening, which made relaxing after a long day on the road impossible.

I ordered room service, which was prompt, and the steak was amazing; however there was no place to set the tray, so the waiter set the tray on the bed! Really?

The bathrooms had been cheaply renovated. The tub had been removed, there was NO counter space, and the fixtures barely worked and were difficult to turn on/off. The toilet barely flushed, and you had to lean over the corner sink to see yourself in one of the two strangely-positioned mirrors.

The room had a LOUD window unit, which had been horribly installed, and cold breezes blew in all around it continuously.

There was only 1 valet, who doubled as the only bellman. And when faced with the delima of bringing my car and bringing down someone's luggage, he chose the luggage first even though he was ALREADY in the lobby! REALLY?

All-in-all, I would *** N O T *** recommend this hotel. Just awful.

Room Tip: I would venture there is no good room in this hotel. However, due to the paper thin walls and overa...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank upstateNYmomof2
Ken K, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2013

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about your stay. If interested i may be reached at 865 522 2600.

Reviewed 10 January 2013

I stay in hotels in Knoxville approximately once a month, and Crowne Plaza has quickly become my favorite. The staff is the main reason. I am always greeted enthusiastically and treated with respect. As a Priority Club member, I'm given a complimentary snack, and the front desk clerk always asks if I need dinner recommendations or directions. They are always willing to upgrade if possible, and occasionally it is an upgrade to the Executive level floor. (Thank you, Jesse!!) The views of Market Square are lovely, and there is a wide variety of restaurant and cafe choices just steps away. The rooms are newly renovated, and they are clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Market Square.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind words as well as your business.

Reviewed 30 December 2012

What should someone expect from a large convention oriented hotel chain? The Knoxville hotel was clean and well maintained but the queen bed was mediocre as far as back comfort, the bathroom was small, the restaurant served below average breakfast fare and so-so dinner. There are better eating options close to the hotel but it is too bad hotel chains can't do a better job at attracting good chefs and have a local draw for their food and lounge areas. it would greatly improve the ambiance of the stay. The staff, other than a somewhat sourly bar tender were attentive and very pleasant.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Dear NeedSher,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you have encountered during your stay with us. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction.

Krysllin G.