“I can find no fault with this hotel”

Crowne Plaza Knoxville
Ranked #22 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed 21 June 2013

The hotel and staff was great. Our room was very clean and remodeled. The staff was very courteous. I really appreciated that they allowed pets for a modest fee.There were many restaurants that were nearby, some of which were open very late. The location although in a downtown setting was quiet and no street noise was audible in the guestrooms. They have the best fitness center that I have ever seen - it was two stories.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SassyCat91
Ken K, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Knoxville. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel as well as downtown Knoxville. I hope you will come back soon.

Reviewed 14 June 2013

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza the night of June 1st. I previously had been staying at a newly built Hampton Inn Turkey Creek in Farragut. The Crowne Plaza was actually less expensive than the Hampton Inn. Crowne is easy walking distance to many bars and restaurants downtown. The rooms are very clean and nice. Not extremely spacious, but not cramped.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Joe A
Ken K, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Thank you for giving the Crowne Plaza a try on your recent stay in Knoxville. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope you will return soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

I recently spent 3 nights at the Crowne Plaza Knoxville. The room was spacious, clean, and featured much-appreciated amenities for relaxation and a good night's sleep. The staff in the restaurant and room service were friendly and punctual. The hotel features the best gym I've ever seen on my travels. Located in the center of downtown Knoxville, I was close to shopping and entertainment. I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Great views of downtown in odd-numbered rooms
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Sara S

Thank you for your kind words. I will pass them along to the staff. I appreciate that you chose the Crowne Plaza Knoxville.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

An enjoyable stay with no significant complaints. I liked the lobby and check-in setup where there is no one long front desk. The hotel staff are at separate smaller areas for a more intimate experience. The rooms were clean and well appointed with flat-screen TV and work area. Free wireless Internet was a huge plus, and it worked perfectly for me the entire three days I was there. The soundproofing could have been better, it was a little too easy to hear adjoining rooms and hallway activity noise was clearly picked up at night. Parking does carry a nightly charge in the hotel's underground parking garage. Location is excellent within easy walking distance of downtown shopping and theaters, including a variety of restaurants in Market Square. A Catholic church is adjacent to the hotel. Not all Crowne Plazas have impressed me, but this is one that did. I would definitely return if traveling to Knoxville in the future.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank dopplersmash

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Knoxville on your recent trip to Knoxville. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel and really appreciate your business.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

My first time at any Crowne Plaza Hotel - 2 night stay. This hotel was dated but nicely decorated. My room was clean and spacious, except the bathroom was very small. I ordered room service and it was great, the server had an excellent attitude and it was delivered in 20min. As I lay on the bed, I noticed multiple dust "stalactites" hanging from the ceiling. I called the front desk and asked them to please clean it while I was out of the room the following day. Upon my return, I realized that it had not been cleaned. So, at 8 pm that night, a house keeper arrived with a vacuum cleaner. He was very nice but a little too short and had to tip toe to reach them. It took 30 min to vacuum the dust stalactites from the ceiling. later I received a call from the manager on site who apologized and offered various perks. Apology accepted but perks declined, I was tired and had an early day the following day. I liked the hotel, it felt homey and I will stay again

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2013

Dear Carol T,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear you like the spacious rooms that we offer and found our hotel staff courteous Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. I am truly sorry our room cleanliness did not live up to your expectations. Your feedback will be taken into consideration in our efforts to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

Again, we appreciate your candid feedback.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 18 May 2013

This hotel was in a great location, right between Old Town and Market Square. It was clean and neat and the young man at check-in was delightful. He went out of his way to make sure everything was good. The room was a little dark and everything felt old--it was clean, but it just felt like 1982 (when Knoxville hosted the World's Fair.) The windows were high (my wheelchair and I couldn't look out) and the street noise (fire trucks, etc) was bothersome. This was once a grand hotel, but now it's just better than average. Would I stay here again? Sure.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Ken K, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Knoxville.

Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have been in the hotel for four weeks. We were in an Executive room at first for eight days. It was a little larger than the regular rooms, but you get the little perks like robes. We were given a fridge I the room. Buffet valued at $15 is offered, and although it is a nice looking and plentiful assortment and fair quality wise, I didn't think it was a good value. After we finished our tickets, we chose to order fresh food off the menu.
Since we had scheduled a checkout and changed our minds, they had to put us in a regular room which was nice but not as roomy.
Housekeeping was excellent, and all the staff were ultra friendly. The other hotels in the area all have beautiful lobbies, so I would imagine quality is the same
One downside; no-on site laundry. You are able to use the laundry at the Holiday Inn.

Upside: good size pool for laps, nice and warm. Underutilized.
Holiday Inn pool is tiny.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Diana M

Thank you for your kind words. I am honored you chose the Crowne Plaza Knoxville.