“short stop over in Knoxville” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Knoxville

Crowne Plaza Knoxville
Ranked #23 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Nashville, Tennessee
“short stop over in Knoxville”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

My daughter and I were on college visits last week and had a brief stay at the Crowne Plaza. We had an effecient friendly check in by Zach at the front desk. He also was very knowledgable on where to eat close by within walking distance at the Market Square. This was a big plus after a long day of driving.
The rooms were very clean, and updated bathroom nice. The lobby is also very inviting and all of the staff was Southern friendly.
My daughter really like the night time lavender Spa therapy.

Room Tip: I think they have a quiet floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ken K, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Knoxville, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza on your recent trip through Knoxville. I'm glad your daughter and you enjoyed your stay and your time together.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

I stayed here for two nights recently because of its proximity to the University of Knoxville where I was attending my son's freshman orientation. Obviously I did not plan on spending a lot of time in the room due to the nature of my visit but I would not have minded doing so at all. The hotel was very clean, even the bathroom was acceptable, and the staff was pleasant. I really liked coming into the lobby of the hotel and seeing two small podium type desks instead of the huge expansive front desks you see in most hotels. It felt much more comfortable and more exclusive, personal if you will. The beds were comfy, loved all the pillows, and the room was plenty large enough for two. I did return to the hotel on the second night and decide to have dinner in the hotel's restaurant. I was tired and just wanted a sandwich/burger/something quick and easy. When I saw the dinner menu I thought "ugh, steaks and heavy foods that'll drag dinner out an hour!" But a gentleman from the restaurant came out and must have anticipated what I was thinking because he offered me (without my asking, mind you) the lunch menu that had what he called "lighter" items. It was perfect and exactly what I wanted (portabella mushroom burger was amazing). Service was good there too and the meal was excellent. Other than a small issue with not being able to get out of the parking lot because the desk forgot to give me a token when I checked out (resolved quickly) my stay was flawless. I will definitely return when visiting my son in Knoxville.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Mandy W
Thank you for your kind words. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and grateful you chose the Crowne Plaza on your recent stay in Knoxville.
Hohenwald, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

I liked the cozy lobby that people actually used. Found the staff to be very helpful. Nice clean room. Great location. Right by Market square so it was easy to take in a dinner and movie. Really nice Friday night seafood buffet! I will return to this hotel!

Room Tip: Norh side has great views
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jvford
Ken K, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Knoxville, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Our Prime Rib and Seafood Buffet is a local favorite. I'm glad you enjoyed it and your stay. Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Knoxville.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

Stayed here on a whim and it turned out to be a fantastic location! The hotel itself was great, rooms were really nice and clean and the staff were friendly. The best part was that you could walk, literally across the street from the hotel and have a ton of great restaurants and bars to go to. It's right across the street from Market Square. Would totally stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank jmc1788
Ken K, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Knoxville, responded to this review, 13 July 2013
Thank you for your review of the Crowne Plaza Knoxville. I appreciate the fact you chose us and am glad you enjoyed your stay
Germantown, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

I stayed here for the first time last night and was so pleasantly surprised. The location can't be beat, the price was about the same for other hotels in the vicinity and the service was excellent. Very clean, friendly staff and it is only across the street to The Market Square and one block to Gay Street. Highly recommend and I will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank teresa18
Ken K, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Knoxville, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Knoxville. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel and appreciate your recommendation.
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

We saw this hotel on entering Knoxville and it looked very impressive. We were not disappointed when we checked in, fabulous lounge area, great location for the square and the oldtown, staff and room were lovely. Our room rate included breakfast which was waitress served orange and coffee, we could choose from the buffet or have a set breakfast, between us we had both, which was very good indeed. Don't be put off by the look of this hotel if on a budget, it is not cheap but also not extortionate, very good value for the money.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Suzannejones
I'm glad that you enjoyed the Crowne Plaza Knoxville as well as it's location. Downtown Knoxville has undergone a real transformation and offers something for everyone. Yhank you for staying with us.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

I came here on a trip while my sister was doing her UT Knoxville stuff. I was surprise by how nice the place is. The room was clean. I like how the housekeeping manager knock on my room asking if the room is great. The staff was great. Frank was helpful and great to talk too. Katie was also helpful. My only real complaint was the TV. Maintenance guy came to my room to twist the wire in, but I had to twist it in every so often the whole night to get a signal. The next day, the other maintenance guy came and loosen the wire to fix it. Same problem occur the next day. Why couldn't they just replace the wire like I wanted. The problem still occur but I didn't mind since I wasn't there to watch TV all day. Overall the hotel was great and I will return. I wont be asking for the same room # again.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank jlouang
Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Knoxville. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay but apologize for the TV cable problem. We are searching for a cable that will rotate with the TV to eliminate the problem.l