“Enjoyed our one night stay here.”

Crowne Plaza Knoxville
Ranked #20 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed 21 August 2013

My wife, 15mo old daughter and I spent one night here. We got an excellent price bidding on Priceline which helped because we paid $8 to self park in their garage (valet is $10), $5 tip upon check in and $5 tip upon checkout to the bellman who is the only one that has access to a luggage cart if you need one, which we did with the two of us plus my daughter and all her stuff. The continental breakfast buffet is $9/person and includes cereal, yogurt and fresh fruit. We opted for the hot buffet for $3 more per person. French toast, sausage, potatoes, bacon, eggs, etc were fine but nothing to write home about. The room was very clean and comfortable, bathroom was on the smaller end of the hotel bathroom spectrum, but we had no issues with it. All the staff was more than helpful with whatever we needed, pool was nice and heated, fitness center was also very nice. Even with the extras we paid for, I was very satisfied with the stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Ken K, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2013

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Knoxville.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I've stayed in some really nice places world wide; five star hotels like The Empress in Victoria, B.C. and The Ritz Carlton. The Crowne Plaza Knoxville is now in my top ten favorite hotels. The room size & features was about what one would expect for the price range but it was the cleanest I've seen in awhile. The room service was good (we ate both dinner & breakfast in our room). The lobby decor was gorgeous with English old world charm. But what really set this hotel apart from the rest was the service & hospitality.

Being from the South, I know a little about Southern hospitality and the staff here performed above & beyond my expectations. We had been driving cross country from California to Washington, DC and were traveling with our small dog. Upon arrival, the staff was very welcoming and were very friendly not only to my wife & me but to our dog as well. They kindly suggested places where we could walk our dog and DID NOT make us feel as if our dog was a nuisance they just tolerated to get our money as other hotels had.

The valet service was quick and the bell men were very nice. The room service wait staff were very accommodating. The only thing that I wish the hotel did have was a spa on site. After a long day's drive, I would've gladly spent $300+ for a massage for my wife & me.

Overall, this was a pleasant change from the last four hotels we had stayed at over the last week and we will be looking for a Crowne Plaza whenever we travel again.

• Stayed: August 2013

I am truly honored. Thank you for your kind words as well as your business.

Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza on a business trip. It was the ideal location downtown for me. Walking distance to restaurants and the square. Everyone from the valet to the hotel manager was extremely nice and helpful. Breakfast was included with my room and was wonderful. I really can't think of one thing to complain about.....Thanks for the great stay.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Knoxville. I appreciate your business and am glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

My wife and I just spent four days in the hotel while my family was renovating their house. I got a great price on "Priceline," and was delighted with our stay. The room was impeccable and modern, with two large beds, television, and good bathroom. The public spaces were very attractive and the hotel's location ideal. There is a short walk to Gay Street and Market Square with adequate in/out parking at the lobby level.
The staff was very helpful and pleasant, and the "vib" very welcoming.
I especially enjoyed the swimming pool (indoors) and treadmill center on the "R" level.
My grandson loved swimming and observing the birds flying by.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 August 2013

I traveled to Knoxville for a conference held at this hotel. I was underimpressed.
Pros: nice, clean room. I had a king room, which was sparkling clean. The bathroom was very clean as well. The vanity didn't have a lot of room on top to store items next to the sink. Tiled shower, no tub, but that was fine for me.
Food at the banquet for the conference: above average. A nice cut of prime rib, excellent banquet servers.
Cons: PARKING!! My conference was scheduled to start mid-day with a mandatory attendance to the first session. I pulled into the driveway behind a long line of cars 1.5 hours early. The bellman refused to take my luggage into the hotel, and had a handful of business cards with directions to other PAID parking in the area. There was no parking in the tiny garage under the hotel. I drove to the recommended garage, and was refused entrance due to it being overfull as well. I finally found parking 6 blocks away and had to leave my luggage in the car. Managed to make the first session with 15 minutes to spare.
When I had a chance to check in a few hours later, I notified the front desk clerk of this problem, and she just shrugged her shoulders. She stated "there were other people staying in the hotel, and I could just keep checking the garage for open spots". Seriously?? After the bellman refused to take my luggage in the first place??
I did manage to get a spot that same night in the garage, and left my car there for the remainder of my stay. There are reserved spots in the garage, including "Ladies Only" parking, but no handicapped spots that I saw. If you have to park on the lower level, there is no elevator--you must lug your luggage up a flight of stairs.
I did approach the front desk later the first day, got a different clerk, and he was more sympathetic. I received 2 coupons for breakfast in the hotel restaurant.
Cons: restaurant--was overwhelmed at 7 am for conference attendees. Food was fresh, and constantly re-stocked at the buffet line.
Overall impression: average. The parking situation really was an overwhelming problem, and I'm not the only one who was refused luggage service by the bellman upon arrival. I understand you gotta keep the driveway clear, but I only had one small bag. That one small thing has really left a negative impression of the entire hotel. I'm recommending an alternate hotel to the conference planners, as they rotate this conference throughout Tennessee on an annual basis.

Room Tip: I like higher floors. I never heard any hallway noise either.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Ken K, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your room and the services of the banquet department. I apologize for the parking issues. Your meeting planner stated that they were surprised by the large number of cars driven by the exhibitors. Should you return the handicap spaces are on the top level of the garage and on either side of the door to the lobby. Thanks again.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

The hotel is nice & clean with friendly staff. Very accessible to everything downtown Knoxville.
The rooms are nicely updated, but there is a musty smell?? And the lighting is poor in the rooms. Just arriving home and washing all things because of the musty smell.

• Stayed: July 2013
Ken K, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Thank you for your thoughts regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Knoxville. I apologize for the musty smell. The humidity this time of year can sometimes give air conditioners all they can handle. I'll speak with the housekeeping staff to make sure they are setting the units to the proper temperature.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Had a conference at this hotel. Well, it started out bad, I came in early, and was advised no rooms were available, until cleaned, that's fine, bellman said I couldn't stop in the front area to check in, went to the parking garage. good thing I came in early, very very small garage. In fact found out later several slots are monthly rental for TVA employees across the street. Found a spot, parked, and didn't move until the conference was over. Glad I wasn't handicapped. NO elevators from lower lever to lobby. Finally got to check in to room about 4pm, and then the trek of unloading in the garage and carting up to lobby to the elevator. Staff was excellent, room was clean, and comfortable no problems. But for price would have expected a fridge and microwave, but none was available. Last night there moved the recliner to turn lamp on and guess what, right next to the airconditioner on the wall MOLD!!!! this needs to be seen by staff and fixed. Hopefully will not have another conference at this hotel. Will think twice about staying here

Room Tip: Check room for mold, hopefully you can find a spot to park in garage, and don't have a a lot of...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Luv2BinFL

I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Knoxville. We enjoyed having your group with us. I am sorry you found some things not to your liking. If you have time I would appreciate knowing what room you stayed in so we can address the problem you mentioned.