Crowne Plaza Knoxville Downtown University
Country Inn
US$140
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Candlewood Suites Knoxville(Knoxville)(Great Value!)
US$86
Sleep Inn North Knoxville(Knoxville)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$75
SleepInn
US$128
US$115
Best Western Knoxville Suites(Knoxville)(Great Value!)
US$85
BestWestern.com
US$65
US$55
QualityInn
US$118
HIExpress.com
US$151
Best Western Plus Cedar Bluff Inn(Knoxville)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$78
Orbitz.com
All reviewsmarket squaregreat locationgay streetnice hotelroom serviceunderground parkingbreakfast buffetper daycovered parkingwithin walking distancethin wallsrestaurants and barsfitness centerwalk in showernight's sleepself parkingwould highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great location in the heart of downtown Knoxville. Short walk to old town and market square with many restaurant and bars. Clean hotel and rooms with friendly service. We I stay in downtown Knoxville I stay here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JoeBKnoxville
hotelstaff1234, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Knoxville Downtown University, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

We're so happy to be able to provide you with a great downtown location! Thank you for your review and we'll see you on your next visit to Knoxville.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I stayed downtown for meetings and found the location perfect! I also enjoyed the location, so close to the Knoxville Square!

Staff is very nice and take great care of you, I really liked the professionalism of the bellman too!

The rooms could be updated, but clean and comfortable!

Room Tip: I liked the views facing the back side of the hotel, I am sure square views are also very nice
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

We're so happy you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

I really wanted to give this hotel a bad review, but I had a great night sleep and the toiletries were surprisingly good, so it's just not fair to them.

My biggest complaint is that it felt like I stepped back into the 80's when I walked into the lobby. Hunter green and burgundy decor with dark and dreary lighting. The elevators sound like they are on their last leg. When more than 5 people are in them, you're just praying that the cables hold out. The corridors on the different floors remind me of a college dormitory. Needless to say, we spent as little amount of time possible at the hotel. It's just depressing.

• Stayed: May 2014
hotelstaff1234, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Knoxville Downtown University, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Traveler,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback, whether positive or negative so that we may continue to improve upon our facilities and services. We plan on continuing with our hotel updates and renovations and will hopefully meet your approval on your next visit. Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I haven't stayed anywhere else in Knoxville, but I would definitely go back to this hotel if I return. I booked a group trip, and the sales agent I dealt with, Jeff Shrewsbury, was extremely attentive throughout the whole process, and even called my office after our stay to make sure everything was to our satisfaction. It was! The hotel is located just a few steps from all of the little downtown areas- Gay st, Market Square, and Old town. Hotel garage parking was inexpensive and easy. My international group was thrilled to discover the almost unheard of policy of free long-distance calls from the room. Also, it was a pleasure seeing the well-behaved dogs walking through the lobby, as the hotel is dog friendly. Finally, the gym is top notch for a hotel. 2 floors, a full nautilus-like weight machine setup, at least 3 of several different cardio machines (stairmaster, elliptical, treadmill, etc...) and a lap pool, and lots of TVs above the cardio equipment so you can watch whatever you want, and the person next to you can watch their show on their tv. Staff was extremely friendly, helpful and patient, which is always a bonus with an international group where not everyone speaks English. The hotel itself is showing a bit of age, with some worn carpet and patchwork on the wallpaper, and the breakfast buffet was not as elaborate as what is shown on the posters in the elevator (I tried it once and then opted for breakfast in market square the rest of the trip). The rest of the amenities and the staff more than made up for such small issues.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
hotelstaff1234, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Knoxville Downtown University, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Curlytb,

We couldn't be more pleased to hear about your wonderful stay. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at the Crowne Plaza and hope to welcome you and your group back again soon.

Thank you!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Spent 2 nights here last week and was very pleased. I had made reservations weeks ago for a room with one queen bed and needed to change to a room with 2 beds. Even though the hotel was completely booked, the front desk staff was willing to get me the room that we needed.
The Crowne Plaza is well located in downtown Knoxville and just a short walk up an down some steps to Market Square where there are lots of restaurants and shops.
There was a $10 daily parking charge to park in the hotel garage.
The only negative of our room was there was not a refrigerator in the room and the ice machines are only on odd numbered floors.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are so glad you enjoyed our personalized service, clean rooms, and location. We know how important these are when traveling away from home. We appreciate your comments and will use them when reviewing our hotel. Thank you!