“What a truly pleasant stay!”

Crowne Plaza Knoxville
Ranked #20 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed 4 August 2009

My friend and I were in Knoxville and were spending one night in a hotel. We decided on the Crowne Plaza hotel. When reading other reviews of the hotel, I was a little skeptical. However, the stay was fantastic! Everyone who worked there was so nice and accomodating! The entire place was extremely clean. The room was nice and very clean. The location is great. It is right by the Market Square, which has a lot of really nice places to eat and shop. Not only that, the hotel itself has a very nice restaurant and a huge exercise facility (and not the mention Starbucks!) If I am ever planning to stay in Knoxville again, I will definitely be choosing the Crowne Plaza!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 July 2009

I just wanted to let everyone know that the Crown Plaza hotel in downtown Knoxville, (Summitt Hill) is a great place to stay. After reading some of the reviews I wondered. The beds were comfortable, the rooms were clean and quiet. We ordered room service and it was good and not to expensive. The homeless shelter that several people mentioned has since moved and no more panhandling around the area. My son lives 3 blocks from the hotel so we were all over at different hours and were not afraid to walk around downtown and Old City. I just wanted to set the record straight because this hotel does not deserve any bad publicity. Kaye L from Denver

1  Thank katiedid62
Reviewed 29 July 2009

We got an excellent rate on priceline for this hotel and stayed for one night, arriving late and leaving early. We thought the room was luxurious and had a nice view. It was a little small, but not unreasonably so for a downtown hotel. The TV is huge. The lobby and other common areas are well-appointed and the fitness center is HUGE. One thing I found annoying was that they would not let us use a luggage cart, stating that a bellman must accompany the cart and essentially forcing a tip. I've never heard of that before.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2009

I was booked into this hotel by an event organizer, but they couldn't have made a better choice. Even with several large events (conference, weddings, family reunions) going on, the desk, wait, and bell staffs did all they could to help me solve logistical problems. They even gave me a roll of packaging tape, slipped FedEx forms under my door, advised on how much to pay for a cab, recommended great restaurants...and so on. Everyone was unfailingly pleasant, even when I yelped at the price of a glass of so-so Chardonnay! I was able to walk everywhere I needed to go, but there were free shuttles right at the front door.

My room was large and comfortable. It faced a noisy (near the fire station) street, but they provided a "sleep kit" with ear plugs, sleep mask and lavender spray. The only thing missing was a mini-fridge.

I'd definitely stay there again should I get the opportunity to return to Knoxville.

1  Thank Jagggs
Reviewed 25 July 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Knoxville Crowne Plaza downtown. While the lobby and restaurant areas were clean, the rooms and hallways were not. We also killed a roach in the bathroom. We stayed at a Holiday Inn in Asheville that was 100 times better.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2009

Room was lovely, surroundings pleasant and front desk staff really nice and helpful. Only negatives were the breakfast waitresses who were a bit gruff and didn't seem able to smile, and the hotel location. "Downtown" sounds appealing but in reality it's rather run down and a bit deserted. Next time I'll stay out of town but not because the hotel was bad.

Reviewed 7 July 2009

We'd never stayed at a Crowne Plaza anywhere before, so we didn't know what to expect. The accommodations were pleasant enough, although the entire hotel was a bit dated. What made up for it was the price, for one, and the incredibly friendly and helpful staff. I'd definitely recommend this hotel!