“Good price for a simple, clean place to sleep.”

Red Roof Inn Knoxville West - Cedar Bluff
Ranked #63 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
“Good price for a simple, clean place to sleep.”
Reviewed 29 June 2012 via mobile

The trip to the room was a little scary for two women at night. With the outside doors to the rooms and lack of lighting. However, the staff was very friendly and helpful, the room was updated and very clean, and we felt safe!

• Stayed June 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I am writing this review for this hotel based on the service I received upon my arrival from an employee name Lorraine. Coming from out of state and being completely exhausted from my travels, late into the night she took the time to hear exactly what I was looking for and did the best she could to accommodate me and the room given to me was excellent by the way. I really do appreciate Red Roof Inn hiring employees who show the kindness like that.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Victorville, California
Reviewed 19 June 2012

The Red Roof Inn in Knoxville was the very best hotel we stayed in during our trip cross country. The service was superb, the room, though small was lovely and modern. Lorraine simply gave the most caring, thoughtful and attentive service we could ever hope for. She and Red Roof Inn set the bar very high and we never had a room as nice nor service as good our entire trip. I would recommend it highly and look forward to being able to return in the future!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Wilmore, Kentucky
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I almost hate to write this review. This place has been our standby for the last 10 yrs. if we didn't quite feel like driving all the way home when traveling to and from the beach. We won't stay here again. Good part: the price was reasonable for a simple place to stay and the front desk service was notable. Bad part: The first room assigned to us reeked of some type of animal urine and the carpet was filthy. The second room assigned to us smelled of heavy cigar smoke, almost nauseating (we don't smoke), they did try to cover it with some type of industrial odor control. The third room assigned to us was without urine, carpet was not dirty, but had some stains, and the room smelled clean. However, the bathroom light would not work and there was mildew in the corner of the tub. We were too tired to make another change. We settled for the room. On another note, this place should be called the Red "Pet" Inn. I can only speculate, but it seemed that over half the tenants had some form of animal. You could hardly walk to the ice machine or leave your room for that matter without a dog barking. It was actually somewhat comical, at one point the parking lot became the "pooping lot." I was not aware that all God's creatures expelled at the same time when staying at the Red Pet Inn. In my humble opinion this place has gone so far downhill over the last year that we have to take it off our list of places to stay on I-75. It has most literally gone to the dogs.

Room Tip: Apparently there are no good rooms.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Knoxville hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 14 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel several times during a two month period for business purposes. While it is a simple place and not extravagant, my room was clean and fresh smelling every time. I was comfortable and without any worries. The price is very reasonable. I travel with my dogs and there was plenty of space to walk and play with them. The grounds are well maintained and the staff is kind and thoughtful. This is not a place for fancy hotel perks. But it had what I needed. WiFi, a nice T.V., a clean room and they allowed pets. The area is close to dining and shopping for all budgets. I rated excellent because this was my experience on-site.

Room Tip: I am a non-smoker, so I asked for this type of room on the top level. It only has 3 floors, so that...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Slower than molasses service - Dirty room (floor was never vacuumed and had HAIR all over the carpet - No business center

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank washwestcc
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 May 2012

It's very overrated based on these reviews. It's a no frills, no-tell motel, very average in the 1-2* range and nothing else. Maybe it's seen a coat of fresh paint and a better counter top in the bath area, but that's about it.. nothing to make it above average.

Location: It's not close as to the University or Downtown you might think; it's still a good 10+ miles to drive. Not bad at all, but you should just factor that in. Everything else: The WiFi (about the only service) stopped at one point, but they eventually got it fixed. There's no restaurant or services to rate.

Had I more time, I'd have kept trying to Priceline, or maybe spent a little more. Wasn't terrible - and of course, it was affordable - but it's nothing special.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business