“A GREAT PLACE TO STAY”

Ranked #60 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Birmingham, Alabama
“A GREAT PLACE TO STAY”
Reviewed 7 July 2012

I am from Birmingham, Al and my wife had just been buried on June 16th and my son's had me to take a trip. So I came to red roof inn on June 18th our 29th wedding anniversary red roof inn was the place we spent our honey moon. I stayed two nights

The staff was great the room was clean and the lady don't know her name, but she was so sweet, she was an older woman. I WILL COME BACK THANKS FOR THE LOVE.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Michael M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 30 June 2012

There's just something so comforting about the southern hospitality Lorraine (front desk) exudes that kind of makes you feel like you're checking in with family instead of a Hotel chain. There should be more people in the "hospitality" business that actually get what the term means! Little things like being respectful and caring go a LONG way in todays world. Next time we're in the Knoxville area, we'll go back to your hotel.

Room Tip: the further you get from the highway, the better (of course) although we didn't have any problem...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Rock Hill, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Where should I begin....

Reserved through Hotels.com. 1 room, 1 night, 2 double beds, non-smoking.

Got to the room and it smelled like an ashtray. Smokers on either side of me all night.

Had some lady trying to get in my room around 2AM, drunk, lost.

This hotel is in desperate need of remodel, fumigation, something.

My recommendation, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Thomas S
Reviewed 29 June 2012 via mobile

The trip to the room was a little scary for two women at night. With the outside doors to the rooms and lack of lighting. However, the staff was very friendly and helpful, the room was updated and very clean, and we felt safe!

• Stayed June 2012
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I am writing this review for this hotel based on the service I received upon my arrival from an employee name Lorraine. Coming from out of state and being completely exhausted from my travels, late into the night she took the time to hear exactly what I was looking for and did the best she could to accommodate me and the room given to me was excellent by the way. I really do appreciate Red Roof Inn hiring employees who show the kindness like that.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Victorville, California
Reviewed 19 June 2012

The Red Roof Inn in Knoxville was the very best hotel we stayed in during our trip cross country. The service was superb, the room, though small was lovely and modern. Lorraine simply gave the most caring, thoughtful and attentive service we could ever hope for. She and Red Roof Inn set the bar very high and we never had a room as nice nor service as good our entire trip. I would recommend it highly and look forward to being able to return in the future!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Wilmore, Kentucky
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I almost hate to write this review. This place has been our standby for the last 10 yrs. if we didn't quite feel like driving all the way home when traveling to and from the beach. We won't stay here again. Good part: the price was reasonable for a simple place to stay and the front desk service was notable. Bad part: The first room assigned to us reeked of some type of animal urine and the carpet was filthy. The second room assigned to us smelled of heavy cigar smoke, almost nauseating (we don't smoke), they did try to cover it with some type of industrial odor control. The third room assigned to us was without urine, carpet was not dirty, but had some stains, and the room smelled clean. However, the bathroom light would not work and there was mildew in the corner of the tub. We were too tired to make another change. We settled for the room. On another note, this place should be called the Red "Pet" Inn. I can only speculate, but it seemed that over half the tenants had some form of animal. You could hardly walk to the ice machine or leave your room for that matter without a dog barking. It was actually somewhat comical, at one point the parking lot became the "pooping lot." I was not aware that all God's creatures expelled at the same time when staying at the Red Pet Inn. In my humble opinion this place has gone so far downhill over the last year that we have to take it off our list of places to stay on I-75. It has most literally gone to the dogs.

Room Tip: Apparently there are no good rooms.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple