The Oliver Hotel
US$111
  • Restaurant
US$138
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Cedar Bluff Inn(Knoxville)(Great Value!)
US$98
Priceline
Comfort Suites North(Knoxville)(Great Value!)
US$82
Priceline
All reviewstupelo honeyboutique hotelmarket squarelibrary bardowntown knoxvillespeak easygreat boutiquecraft cocktailssouthern livingperfect locationwedding nightking suitesouthern charmsmall hotelvalet parkingrestaurants and barswithin walking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 March 2014

If you like city getaways, or just the convenience of being in the middle of all the action, you will love the Oliver. It is my favorite hotel in Knoxville! Large rooms, attentive staff, comfortable beds, roomy seating, luxury from the blinds to the linens and everything in between and all with the charm of a well kept architectural gem. Personally I recommend 3 things 1 - Make sure to get stop by the speakeasy (the Peter Kern Library) for the best and brightest of local color. Now it is a little cozy, so feel free to expand your roaming to the bars and restaurants on the Square or further out and down Gay Street to catch a movie or a show. 2 - Get a nightcap at the Oliver's bar on your way back. I do so wish I could remember the barkeepers name, he was cool! And 3 - I highly recommend that you order breakfast up from Tupelo Honey Cafe to your room in the morning...Yes, Virginia, there is even room service from a great cafe! This is a wonderful hotel and I will be coming back as often as I can!

Room Tip: All the rooms exceed expectation and the suites are better still.
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Excellent location overlooking Market Square Mall. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms were great. Nice bar downstairs with private entrance for hotel guests. We plan to be frequent guests at the Oliver. Wonderful weekend getaway right in the heart of downtown Knoxville!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We stayed here in January - a family of 4. The staff was extremely attentive. When we arrived, our toilet didn't flush. I called down to the front desk and it took at most a minute before someone was up in our room fixing it. During the night (midnight and then again at 3am), our neighbors were very rowdy and loud. When the guests wouldn't quiet down when we asked them to, we called downstairs. Once again, the staff came immediately upstairs and found a room for them to party in that was away from guests. They had to do this twice as our neighbors chose to return at 3am and party again in their room. My biggest complaint was that the walls are very thin.

The staff could not have been more accommodating. The location is great. Room was very large and comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2014

This gem, located in downtown Knoxville just off of Market Square, is such a wonderful spot to stay. I had reserved a king suite and tweeted about it. Upon arrival I was told that I was upgraded to the Oliver suite. What a suite. I have stayed at many hotels around the world and this rates as one of the best, if not the best. The service was top notch and the suite was one of the most beautiful and comfortable suites I have ever stayed in. The speakeasy located behind the panel in the lobby was a nice treat. The Peter Kern Library speakeasy had great atmosphere and wonderful drinks. As a writer and book lover I enjoyed the literary theme. I order the Holden Caulfield and it was perfect. I also ordered a Moscow Mule and it was served in a 100% copper mule mug. Unlike other establishments which will serve it in a Collins glass or copper coated mug. In summation, the Oliver is the must stay hotel in Knoxville. I have already booked it for another stay.

Room Tip: I recommend the suites, and if you can book the Oliver Suite do so. It is worth every penny.
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Location can't be beat, everything within our walking distance -- Staff very friendly, bedrooms niceeeeee - great Valentines experience -- several wonderful & unique resturants within a several block radius --

Room Tip: Front and Market Square rooms are away from the mechanical equipment --