“Acceptable and Clean”

Baymont Inn & Suites Kodak Near Sevierville
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Kodak
Reviewed 8 July 2006

We were planning to stop near Sevierville for going to a Tennessee Smokies game (AA Minor League baseball team for the Arizona Diamondbacks) and this hotel had a larger room available, and was only 2.7miles from the ball park. This was also a stop after a 7 hour drive from Myrtle Beach.

After reading many of the reviews below, I was very concerned to say the least.

I must say I was pleased to find the hotel to be very acceptable for my family and my needs. It was very clean. The room layout is somewhat outdated. The bed, linens, pillows were all very new and comfortable. The towels are very fluffy!

The front desk employees were very friendly and helpful. I very quickly checked-in and checked-out. The front desk called and made sure everything was okay after about an hour from when we checked-in.
I could not get my laptop to connect to the wireless signal, and was able to borrow a special adapter which worked well. We were able to pickup fresh baked cookies on our way in from the baseball game.

The breakfast hostess was a very hard worker and kept the food stocked very quickly during the 9:00am hour "rush"! The Krispy Kreme Donuts were very fresh, and I always love the Holiday Inn Express cinnamon rolls.

• Stayed: July 2006
3  Thank twwintn
There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Kodak Near Sevierville

Reviewed 25 January 2006

Based on all the prior reviews here I was expecting a dump. In fact, those reviews made me think twice before booking, but then I couldn't resist the almost unbelievable $36 rate for a suite! And thankfully, contrary to all the prior reviews, I had an outstanding experience at this hotel.

First upon arriving, I was greeted by one of the most polite and courteous desk clerk that I've ever dealt with. He was not a clueless 'kid' as a prior review said, but a very professional thirty-something gentleman that knew his job well and definitely took pride in his hotel. The lobby and overall look of the place was immaculate. I didn't swim in the in-door pool, but stopped by for a look and found it to be clean and inviting. I couldn't find anything broken, dirty, or anything at all wrong with it.

My room was awesome. It had a king bed, couch, coffee table, desk, free wireless, large TV, fridge, microwave, patio, and best of all a really cool gas fireplace and a very nice jacuzzi. Everything was clean and well maintained.

The free breakfast was very good.

I usually am pretty picky about hotels, but I can't think of any negatives to say about this place. Especially considering the price. Certainly in the high season the rate would be much higher, but I will definitely stay here again, even at 2 or 3 times what I paid.

• Stayed: January 2006, travelled on business
6  Thank frank3355
Reviewed 25 December 2005

I am writing as a previous Holiday Inn priority club member. We booked a hotel room here and requested a double, non-smoking room, and we were told that is what we had. Upon checking in we were given keys to a single, smoking room! And you think that is my complaint? Not even! We went down to the desk and they said that they were sold out and that was the only room they had. We informed them that we could not stay in this room (I have asthema, and while I have stayed in smoking rooms before, this smelled much more like smoke than some). The "Manager" came and told us we would still have to pay since they have a no cancellation policy. After much arguing he would not refund our money. We called the Holiday Inn number and still no money back. Finally we spoke to someone on the phone who returned our money and gave us some pathetic points for our hassle. We will never use those points as I refuse to stay at another Holiday Inn owned property! (If it were just for the one manager, I could forgive them, but none of the "customer service" employees had any concern for the way we were treated.

• Stayed: July 2005
4  Thank TN-610
Reviewed 6 August 2005

I am staying at this property as I type this.....Basically it -----!
I am a travel agent, and there is no way I would ever put clients in this dump!
POOL: Very dirty around the egdes, looks like they need to get in the pool and scrub the sides. The tile that has the numbers showing how deep it is are black. The jacuzzi is not really a jacuzzi its just part if the pool with jets. All of the chairs around the pool are dirty and broken. only two lounge chairs and both are missing straps and broken (junky)

FRONT DESK: Check in was average, but when we called down to ask for an extra pillow, they said they had none!

We are priority club with Holiday Inn and Never have stayed at such a dumpy Holiday INN before!

Its also too far from Pigeon forge, Gatlinburg.

• Stayed: August 2005
5  Thank froggy8997
A TripAdvisor Member
Owensboro, Ky
Reviewed 27 July 2004

It is not as close as I would have wanted to be to Gatlinburg, but there was a decent view of the mountains on the side that was being rennovated. It does have a Continental Breakfast that was kept stocked up very well. The first room they gave us had a very bad musty smell and there was mold in the bathtub but the second room was clean and very nice. The staff was friendly and gave direction to the the tee. It was in all a great exprience other than the double charge to my credit card for the stay. One on my Visa and one on my Mastercard.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Summersville,WV
Reviewed 4 June 2004

This is a very nasty place to stay. I would advise if you are thinking of staying at the holiday inn express sevierville to call the hotel directly first. The little kids that work in the office will help you. I'm sure this will change your mind very quickly. If you like spending your vacation taking care of little kids and their problems then stay at this motel. They haven't got a clue to how to handle the job that they were hired to do. Very rude people at this motel!

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kodak
Best Western Sevierville/Kodak Inn
Baymont Inn & Suites Sevierville Pigeon Forge
Days Inn Kodak - Sevierville Interstate Smokey Mountains
Comfort Suites Kodak
Comfort Suites Kodak
#6 of 10 in Kodak
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sevierville / Kodak
Quality Inn & Suites River Suites

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Kodak Near Sevierville? Share your experiences!