“Very Good Place to Stay (if the location works for you)”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kodak East-Sevierville
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Kodak
Flowery Branch, Georgia
“Very Good Place to Stay (if the location works for you)”
Reviewed 9 December 2012

This was my first time staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Kodak, TN, and it was a very good experience. When I checked in, the front desk person, Bill, was very helpful and even gave some suggestions on places where I could eat supper. He was warm and friendly and made me feel welcome.

The room was very nice, complete with a microwave and small refrigerator. It was clean, and everything looked new. I was afraid that the room was going to be noisy since the hotel was so close to the interstate but it was not. The room was quiet, the bed was nice, and I slept well.

The only complaint I had at all was that my bathtub drained a little slowly after my shower. But other than that, it was a great place to stay.

I did not have the opportunity to eat the complimentary breakfast. I had an appointment quite early, and by the time I returned the breakfast area was closed. So I can't comment on it.

I also didn't use the pool or a fitness center, and can't comment on them either. I did not see a hot tub by the pool though.

I was able to log into the hotel's guest internet on my laptop and on my Android phone without any problems. That has not always been my experience in some other hotels.

I was worried about parking because the hotel is close to the Bass Pro Shop, and their customers use a huge amount of parking spots. But the hotel had reserved spots for their guests, and those parking areas were more than sufficient.

On the day I needed to check out, I was not able to do it by 11:00 am due to circumstances out of my control. The front desk staff and the housekeeping crew were very accommodating, and I was able to check out by 11:30 am without any problem. I really appreciated their understanding and kindness.

On the whole, it was a very good place to stay. I would not mind staying there again. However, if I need to be in Sevierville again, I might want to find something closer to town. The traffic was horrible coming back to the hotel from Sevierville. That is not the hotel's fault, of course, but it certainly would be a consideration next time.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Blythewood, South Carolina
Reviewed 9 December 2012

We stayed here over the summer on our way back from Little Rock Arkansas. We pulled into the hotel close to midnight after driving all day. When we got there both of our children were sleeping and to make matters worse there was only one luggage dolly in the hotel. The hotel is very nice looking. It was clean and decorated nicely. Our room seemed a litte worn, but I liked the fact that they provided an actual crib and not a pack and play in my room for my daughter. I was impressed with their selection of television channels. When traveling with kids, one kids station is not going to do it. My kids had more than enough choices of channels, and my husband and I found that there was lots on tv to watch. When I went to get in the bed, there was a critter in the bed with me. It was a small hard shelled bug, but needless to say, I was not happy but I was not angry. It was the summer time and bugs are a norm in the south. It was hard for me to sleep that night after seeing my critter friend, but the bed was comfortable and I forgot about it. Breakfast was awful. I did not want to eat breakfast downstairs when I saw that babies/ toddlers in just a diaper and barefoot adults in their pajamas were congregating there. The bacon was limp and gross and the coffee was weak and the food was not good. i had to send my husband to McDonalds for a good cup of coffee and food that resembled a decent breakfast. The area is a prime location. You are not that far from shopping, and restaurants, and very close to the interstate. Besides a gross breakfast and iffy breakfast crowd, the front desk staff were not helpful and downright dare I say, uncaring. They did not greet us when we came in. It seemed like we were bothering them when we said hello, or to ask a question. When we were asking about a luggage dolly and our concern that there was only one, the response was we have more than one here in the hotel, but we just can't find any. People hide them in the rooms. How can you hide a luggage dolly in a room? I just thought it was a poor attitude coming from them. When we returned from shopping, I noticed that the cleaning staff did not remove the plates and cups from our breakfast earlier that morning. So I had dirty dishes and trash left in my room after it was "cleaned". If i had any intentions of keeping it, I would have put the food in the refrigerator. Check out was a mess. It was crowded and unorganized. The same rudeness we encountered during our stay, we encountered during check out. I had never been so happy to leave a hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Proudmommysc
Choctaw, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed 18 November 2012

If you've been following our travel, we were in a Holiday Inn last night in Memphis. Their Wifi wouldn't allow access to iPads.

Tonight we're in a Holiday Inn Express East of Knoxville and they have great Wifi access for both my iPad and PC.

Additionally, for the outdoor sports-minded people, the parking lot is adjacent to a Bass-Pro shop which must be huge because their parking lot could hold several hundred 18-wheelers and it has a restaurant!

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms are on the quieter side.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Cross Lanes, West Virginia
Reviewed 2 November 2012

My wife and I stayed here while attending Praisefest at nearby New Hope Church in October 2012. This was our second stay at this location. Let me begin by saying that this is one of the best places that we have ever booked, (And we have stayed at a lot of places.) The location is very convenient and quiet, the rooms are spotless, the staff is very friendly and helpful, and the breakfast is as good as it gets! We plan to stay here next year while attending Praisefest in the Smokies 2013

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Stayed here on our way out of town after visiting with friends. Hotel was very clean and friendly personnel. Right by Pro Bass Shop and easy access from I40. Good stay. Breakfast area was large enough to not be so crowded during peak time. I like clean and this one was clean!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Falmouth
Reviewed 14 October 2012

We stayed at this hotel last year & we were pleased to find it was still just as good this year.
The location is convenient & it's as it's peaceful. The hotel is spotless & beds comfortable. The staff are friendly & helpful. There is a good choice for breakfast served in a pleasant room which is kept immaculate. Sadly we didn't have time to use the lovely swimming pool.
We stay in Holiday Inns whenever possible both in America & England & have never been disappointed.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Knoxville
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Really enjoyed my stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Kodak. The room was large and beds very comfortable. Breakfast was very good - excellent variety. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. My family really enjoyed shopping at the Bass Pro Shop next door to the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kodak
Fairfield Inn & Suites Sevierville Kodak
Hampton Inn & Suites Sevierville @ Stadium Drive
Comfort Suites Kodak
Comfort Suites Kodak
#6 of 10 in Kodak
Best Western Sevierville/Kodak Inn
Quality Inn Interstate
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sevierville / Kodak

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kodak East-Sevierville? Share your experiences!