“Brand new, beautiful, very helpful staff”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kodak East-Sevierville
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Kodak
Reviewed 23 March 2010

Flat screen tv and granite counters in the room! Clean, neat and new. Beautiful hotel. Breakfast adequate, cinnamon rolls excellent, "fake" scrambled eggs. Right next to new Bass Pro Shop with attached restaurants. Right off the freeway, easy to find. Well water.

Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Yorkielvr

Reviewed 30 October 2009

This hotel was so clean, staff was wonderful, would definitely stay here again and will recommend to friends. We've stayed in many different hotels in the area, and really loved this one.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fbruse
Reviewed 28 October 2009

We recently spent one night at the Holiday Inn Express in Kodak, TN. It is located right beside the Bass Pro Shop (Kodak--East Sevierville). We arrived around midnight and were greeted very warmly by Heather at the front desk. We were very impressed with the entire hotel. The room was tastefully decorated and very clean. The hotel appears to be relatively new and well kept. The bed and pillows were also really comfortable. The hotel was definitely nicer than we expected. Especially for around $80 a night. Great hotel at a great price !!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank luv2goAlabama
Reviewed 21 October 2009

Location: northside of I-40 at the Route 66 interchange (the primary exit to Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Sevierville) next to every guy's favorite toy store, the Bass Pro Shop, (50 yards walk) about 25 miles east of Knoxville. On the other side of BPS is a small strip mall with several stores and a "The Chop House" restaurant, so that if you're really bushed, you really don't have to leave the area.
The motel opened less than a year ago, is new, and has all the current amenities including a small indoor pool, cold breakfast, etc.
Staff: Friendly, professional and actively helpful.
Cost: Stayed on a Saturday nite on one of the three busiest weekends of the year - Fall Color - coming back from Savannah. $85 plus tax = $96. As the local saying goes, "the further from downtown Gatlinburg, the cheaper the room rent". This was the cheapest room I could find. The Sleep Inn in Pigeon Forge where we usually stay in this area was $40 higher.
Observations: My biggest complaint was the three show cars on trailers in the not that big lot. The three took up 20 parking spaces total and made the lot a mess. The motel needs to require trailers to park in the outer lot instead of up close to mazimize parking.
We were on the fourth floor overlooking the interstate. There isn't any view, which is no big deal, and traffic noise can be a nuisance at times. Solution - ask for a room on the other side - north side - away from I-40. Same reason with the morning sun, even with the curtains drawn.
On a busy night like we had, my wife's complaint was the single elevator is overworked and waiting for it is a distinct nuisance, particularly negotiating a luggage cart around the kids.
All three of these complaints are petty and inconsequential in light of all the other positives.
For the next two years, this unit will probably be as good as it gets for a businessman's hotel. By then we'll know how good management is at keeping up with the competition in terms of maintenance, staff competancy, and market share by return business. In the meantime we'll give this one an A double plus.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bassbum
Reviewed 1 September 2009

After being on the road for business for three weeks, and staying in a mixed bag of hotels, the Holiday Inn Express in Kodak/Sevierville was a fantastic experience! The front desk clerk was extremely friendly and had my room key ready when I walked in. My room was sparkling clean and smelled fresh. The air conditioning is controlled by a real thermostat on the wall, a pleasant change. If you are planning a trip to Pigeon Forge, avoid the dumps on the main road and stay a few miles away at the Holiday Inn Express, you won't regret it!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank groovingarrett
Reviewed 27 August 2009

I really enjoyed my stay at the Holiday Inn Express. I chose the site because of its location and expected nothing more than a comfortable bed and a hot breakfast. What I got was that plus an enthusiastic and very friendly staff. My group, 7 of us attending the NASCAR race in Bristol, were all taken aback by the friendliness of the staff. They treated us like family without being overbearing at all. They truly did a good job. I'd return there without hesitation.

I wish I could have stayed for a baseball game at the Double-A facility down the road. It looks like it would have been fun.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sonicramone
Reviewed 27 August 2009

I travel to the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area once or twice per year for long weekend getaways. I usually stay at the HIE right in Pigeon Forge but since this new location opened, I thought I'd give it a try. I really like it! I love that it's brand new and everything is clean and neat. I stayed the weekend of 8/20 thru 8/24 and Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg wasn't really as crowded as it usually is (maybe because kids are already returning to school) so there wasn't major traffic on the parkway. I did wonder if it would get annoying driving to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg and back each day (it's about a 12 mile drive to Pigeon Forge) but it really wasn't. Usually, once I leave for the day, I'm out for the day and don't return until evening so it isn't like I was driving back a forth a few times a day. I didn't use any of the amenities like the pool but the breakfast was satisfactory, nothing to complain about there. The hotel is right on the interstate. My room was not on the interstate side so I didn't hear any noice but the hotel is set off a bit from the road and it's kinda up high so I think the traffic noise would be low, if any at all. There are places nearby to eat. I definitely would stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank Brentaholic
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kodak
Fairfield Inn & Suites Sevierville Kodak
Quality Inn Interstate
Clarion Inn Willow River
Clarion Inn Willow River
#4 of 20 in Sevierville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kodak East-Sevierville? Share your experiences!