“awesome stay as always”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Kodak
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“awesome stay as always”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

First I want to thank Clay and Shannon for the warm welcome I recieved when I got there at 230am. I had been on the road for more than 10 hours and was extremely tired, having driven thru 2 snow blizzards coming out of NC. Shannon checked me in with the a smile. My family and I have stayed there at least 2 a year for the past 10 years. I was on my way to see family in AR, and would be staying there again upon my return to VA Beach. The breakfast was hot and alot to choose from. The room was comfortable as they always are. To Ms. Kyleleen, I wished I ahd been able to see you while I was there to express in person my gratitude for the care that you took of my mother during the events of Oct 2013. I also wanted to say that you are the best lady I have ever met. When my mother passed away in Nov 2013, I called to let you know and at that moment I knew that you would become a valued friend. I will be staying with you each and every time that I travel to and from AR. Thank you again for all of your well wishes and sympathy during the time of greif.

Victor

Room Tip: If you are looking for a King size room any of them are wonderful. The rooms with 2 queen beds are...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Kyleleen C, General Manager at Quality Inn Interstate, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Victor,
Thank you for staying with us again. I know that the past few months have been extremely hard for you and your family. I will never forget any of you and how kind all of you are. My prayers are with all of you during this time of grieving the loss of your dear sweet Mother. All of us here at the Quality Inn Kodak always welcomes you and we are pleased to accommodate you whenever you need us. If we can be of any help in the future do not hesitate to call.
Sincerely Yours,
Kyleleen Casteel
GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Elgin, Illinois
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I can't rate the hotel since I didn't stay there, but I did want to express my displeasure in calling the hotel to check for availability and was put on hold for 10 minutes while I could hear the guy who answered just talking to a woman about personal things.....Then he hung the phone up like I never even called. On principle, I would never stay at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Abe8674309
Kyleleen C, General Manager at Quality Inn Interstate, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
I can certainly understand your frustration after being placed on hold for so long. Please accept our apology for the inconveinence. We have many return guests that have been staying with us for many years and often times they engage in conversation with the front desk at great length. We do our best to give our upmost attention to all our guests and we obviously did not do a good job with you. Again, I am sorry you were not given the attention you deserved. We would love for you to give us another try and I'm sure that you would enjoy staying with us.
Thank you for letting us know about your situation. If others do not inform us of our down falls we would not know where we need to improve.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Stayed here as a pitstop on our way to and from The Biltmore Estate. The room was clean, comfortable, affordable, and located perfectly for our needs. Being about an hour and a half from Ashville made this a perfect stop on either side of our Biltmore trip. I would stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your wonderful response. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again in the near future. I will share your comments with our staff. We strive to make all guests feel welcome and at home. Please feel free to contact us with any special requests prior to your return.
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

We drive to between Virginia and Tennessee often and always stay at this Quality Inn. It never disappoints. Even while undergoing a reorganization of sorts a couple of years ago, it was a great choice. It is consistently clean, beds vey comfortable, staff helpful, and the other guests are both considerate and pleasant. It is pet friendly. My husband and I love staying there with our 4 legged family member . It is easy to get to from the interstate yet quiet and we always feel safe. It is also close to Bass Pro, which makes it a plus in my husband's book. While having breakfast in the dining area you can chat with the staff who are from the area. The lady who prepares the food and watches over the dining room guests is a jewel!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Kyleleen C, General Manager at Quality Inn Interstate, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Thank you for your great response concerning your stay with us at Quality Inn Kodak. We appreciate your business. I will be sure and let Miss T know how much you enjoyed having breakfast with her. She has been here for many years and always makes everyone feel at home.
I will pass this on to everyone and we will be looking forward to seeing you again in the near future. Guests like you make our job worth while. Thank You
Sincerely
Kyleleen C
austin, tx
Reviewed 11 January 2014

After a long day of driving, we found this Quality Inn to be a very pleasant place to rest up for the next long day of driving ahead. The room was comfortable, clean, and quiet. Bed and sheets were good. Breakfast was excellent, with a wide variety of offerings and a friendly staff person who was ready to help. (the best hotel breakfasts have dedicated staff people.) The clerks for check-in and check-out were both very friendly and cheerful. We would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Kyleleen C, General Manager at Quality Inn Interstate, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear by the sea 77,
Thankyou so much for the wonderful review. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that you will stay with us again when you are in the area. A welcome home feel is what we strive to provide to all our guests. Please let us know when you or your friends are coming to the Smokies and we will be happy to arrange your accommodations.

Sincerely
Kyleleen Casteel
Stuart, Virginia
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Our family stayed here while taking parents on a short trip to Dollywood. It is an older facility, but it looks like the rooms have been updated. It is a great place, clean, hat's off to housekeeping. Breakfast was tops, the lady working the breakfast area is a sweetheart. Gentleman at the front desk employee was very helpful. The courteous employees made this a big plus for us to stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
It's guests like you that make our job enjoyable. Thank you for letting us know that you were happy with your stay and was made to feel at home. We look forward to seeing you again and please let us know when you decide to come back for another visit and we can make reservations for you.
Have a great 2014.
Tennessee
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Reserved room for last night based on reviews and on the cost of this motel. The room is clean, has all the amenities our family needs....wireless (great speed), microwave, refrigerator. The beds were comfy and our room was quiet (stayed on the back side). The personnel were all very friendly and nice and seemed to really want us to enjoy our stay. The breakfast is standard for choice hotels....biscuits, sausage, boiled eggs, toast, pastries, cereal, yogurt, make your own waffles, etc. It was all good, and the hostess was very nice. All in all a very good night's stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kodak
Comfort Suites Kodak
Days Inn Kodak - Sevierville Interstate Smokey Mountains
Clarion Inn Willow River
Clarion Inn Willow River
#4 of 20 in Sevierville

Been to Quality Inn Interstate? Share your experiences!