“Disappointed”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Kodak
Nashville, Tennessee
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Do not trust reviews of this hotel. I have been a choice member for 9 years and this would rate at the bottom of hotels for me. I have stay at this location when it was a Comfort Inn and understand why the location was down graded.
Unfriendly welcome at front desk, ask for downstairs room and was told he could not do that, was given a upstairs room at the far end that smell of smoke and musty. After being on the road all day, I just took what was given and will not return. Breakfast was less than QI standards. Coffee, juice, donuts, fruits was about it. I just left.

Room Tip: Take the time and drive a little farther down the road.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Kyleleen C, General Manager at Quality Inn Interstate, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Our breakfast is from 6:30 to 9:30 and I am sorry that you did not see all that we have. Hot biscuits, gravy, fresh sausage that we buy locally, fresh waffles, bagels with cream cheese, variety of yogurt, danish, muffins, fresh Krispy Kreme dougnuts, whole wheat and white bread, apples, bananas, cereal, boiled eggs, milk, and juices.
There was not a request on your reservation for a ground floor king room, but we are limited on king rooms and only had doubles left on the ground floor. There is no excuse for you to have been put in a room that was not up to our standards and would appreciate you giving us another try in order for us to provide the service you deserve. We do appreciate your comments and always want to know how we can improve our guest service.
Kyleleen Casteel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 30 June 2014

If you're traveling to the Smokies and want to stay out of the way, here is the place to stop. It is clean and comfortable and reasonably priced for the area. Convenient to attractions and shopping. The outdoor pool is small if you plan on doing some swimming but its enough to cool off if you get back in time to enjoy it. The breakfast is average nothing out of the ordinary but it'll do. Staff is very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Stay at the backside if you're worried about noise, but with the air on you won't hear a thi...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for the great review and for staying with us. Offering travelers a good value is one of our goals. We appreciate your business and hope you will return the next time your in the area.
Every season is a great one to visit the Smoky Mountains.
Thanks again.
McKenzie, TN
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

This is a wonderful little hotel. It's a great value. The rooms are clean and the best part, it was cold when we opened the door. After being on the road for hours and exhausted, it was such a welcome. The best part is that its right off the interstate, so leaving will be a piece of cake.

Stayed June 2014
Thank you so much for your response and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please stop and stay with us again when you are traveling in the area. It's guest like you that make our jobs worth while. Thank You
newton nc usa
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed from May 3,2014 to May 6, 2014. We were exhausted when we got there. The very kind desk person Larry checked us in, There were a lot of old cars & people staying there. They had a dinner for them, invited us to attend also. Our housekeeper Penny was extremely kind, polite, offering to help with directions for a couple of interest items. A wonderful lady named Shannon was extremely nice with helping me with doors, food in the am for myself & husband. Everyone at this establishment should be commended for the kind & smiling attitude. The owners should be exceptionally proud of the staff. Even the grounds persons were kind to us. We were both handicapped & they offered to help us in any way. CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN Quality Inn Interstate For an exceptional STAFF!! The clean room, Nice bed, nice grounds.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Kyleleen C, General Manager at Quality Inn Interstate, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
All of us here at the Quality Inn Kodak would like to thank you for your kind words and compliments in your review of our hotel. We were so happy to hear how much you enjoy your stay when you are here with us. It is our goal to make this like a home away from home for tired travelers. There are several hotels here in this area and we appreciate you choosing to stay here. Thank you for your business and hope to see you again in the future!
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We stopped here based on the reviews. They were accurate. The room was very clean and neat. Obviously they take pride in what they have. Even the pillows were propped for a welcoming presentation when you opened the door. Price was good especially considering it is right off interstate. Lot is well lit so no safety worries. We will stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Kyleleen C, General Manager at Quality Inn Interstate, responded to this review, 1 May 2014

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 2 April 2014

First I want to thank Clay and Shannon for the warm welcome I recieved when I got there at 230am. I had been on the road for more than 10 hours and was extremely tired, having driven thru 2 snow blizzards coming out of NC. Shannon checked me in with the a smile. My family and I have stayed there at least 2 a year for the past 10 years. I was on my way to see family in AR, and would be staying there again upon my return to VA Beach. The breakfast was hot and alot to choose from. The room was comfortable as they always are. To Ms. Kyleleen, I wished I ahd been able to see you while I was there to express in person my gratitude for the care that you took of my mother during the events of Oct 2013. I also wanted to say that you are the best lady I have ever met. When my mother passed away in Nov 2013, I called to let you know and at that moment I knew that you would become a valued friend. I will be staying with you each and every time that I travel to and from AR. Thank you again for all of your well wishes and sympathy during the time of greif.

Victor

Room Tip: If you are looking for a King size room any of them are wonderful. The rooms with 2 queen beds are...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Kyleleen C, General Manager at Quality Inn Interstate, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Victor,
Thank you for staying with us again. I know that the past few months have been extremely hard for you and your family. I will never forget any of you and how kind all of you are. My prayers are with all of you during this time of grieving the loss of your dear sweet Mother. All of us here at the Quality Inn Kodak always welcomes you and we are pleased to accommodate you whenever you need us. If we can be of any help in the future do not hesitate to call.
Sincerely Yours,
Elgin, Illinois
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I can't rate the hotel since I didn't stay there, but I did want to express my displeasure in calling the hotel to check for availability and was put on hold for 10 minutes while I could hear the guy who answered just talking to a woman about personal things.....Then he hung the phone up like I never even called. On principle, I would never stay at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Abe8674309
Kyleleen C, General Manager at Quality Inn Interstate, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
I can certainly understand your frustration after being placed on hold for so long. Please accept our apology for the inconveinence. We have many return guests that have been staying with us for many years and often times they engage in conversation with the front desk at great length. We do our best to give our upmost attention to all our guests and we obviously did not do a good job with you. Again, I am sorry you were not given the attention you deserved. We would love for you to give us another try and I'm sure that you would enjoy staying with us.
Thank you for letting us know about your situation. If others do not inform us of our down falls we would not know where we need to improve.