“This place is a filthy and the service is very poor!”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Kodak
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We booked this room for one night. The room that we stayed in was disgusting! There were stains and cigarette burns on the sheets and the smell was terrible. We all slept in our clothes and shoes because it was so dirty. I don't think that the bathroom was ever cleaned after the last guest. The "breakfast" was pathetic!! Coffee, juice, and a make-it yourself waffle!! Then we accidentally left my daughters stuffed animal there along with her pillow. We called two times after we left and they said that they hadn't seen them. So, we stopped back by on the way home just to check one last time. I told the owner that the stuffed dog was sentimental to my daughter because it was given to her by her dead grandma. The owner actually said, "I don't care to hear your story" and that they hasn't seen anything. I found a housekeeper outside that said she found the items and put them on the nightstand. When I told the owner, she still said that it was not her problem and that we were "hard headed and dumb like all of their other guests!" She said that the room was now clean and that it may be in the dumpster!!

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank MichaelandCarrie
abvikodak, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2014

Dear MichaelandCarrie,

Thank you for posting a review with us. I am sorry that your daughters items were not found. The housekeeper was confused with another lost and found matter with another guest and thought that the items she had found belonged to you. We have a lost and found policy in place whenever we discover that a guest left an item behind. We felt that you spoke to our staff in a very rude and negative manner and do not feel that this was acceptable on your part.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Booked reservation online for 3 day stay. Sad to say I wish I had went elsewhere. Upon arrival we found out our microwave didnt work, I informed the manager at the front desk and he said he would get us another one....never happened.

Stayed 2 days (3 guests) and on the 2nd day asked for clean towels. I was told they didnt have any and may have some by 6pm. There are 130 rooms and only 6 are being occupied right now and....no towels???

The room is filthy dirty. The bedspreads obviously never washed, glad we brought our own. The beds are very comfortable though, very broken in.

The carpet looks awful, the bathroom walls are disgusting and dirt build up everywhere.

No coffee pot, alarm clock, hair dryer, etc. There is a refrigerator and a tv at least 15 years old.

The inside of the deak drawer has graphiti dating back to 1988 and the dinosaur telephone still says Motel 6.

The shower head is awful but i guess that doesnt matter to them as they dont provide the towels for a shower anyway.

No onsite laundry facilities, closest one is an awful 10 mile drive into tourist town Sevierville... (I was willing to go wash my towels)

This hotel is AWFUL!!!! Do not stay here!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014
6  Thank VAtoTN
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I rarely feel like I'm lead astray by Trip Advisor...but somehow this hotel received reviews that far exceeded my experience at this dive. The room we stayed in was not only NOT clean, there were cobwebs in the corners. They have those gross old floral bead spreads that you know are never washed. I had to go ask for an extra towel and was given one...although it was still damp. Not sure if the ventilation in the laundry room is just that terrible or if they just don't care.
I'm really surprised they have breakfast listed as an amenity as it consisted of coffee, juice and one of those waffle makers. That's it. Not even a piece of fruit to be seen.
We got a screaming deal on this room...which is a good thing. However as we left this dingy motel early the next morning and passed a Comfort Inn and several other, nicer looking options very close, I couldn't help but wish we'd paid a little more and gotten a better nights sleep.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank M L
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Had 3 rooms booked for 3 nights, had to leave one room prior to last night of stay because of death in family, talk with manager early to ask for refund she said its your bad luck we don't refund for anything, then said I sorry, I said yes I know u are & I well let everyone that I can know just how sorry u are. I wouldn't recommend this motel to anyone that like a clean bed or a good smelling room

Room Tip: don't get a room here or u will regret it...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank david b
Reviewed 2 August 2013

The good news - the price was right. We paid $59.99 + tax (9.75% tax plus 3% city tax). But everything else is bad news.... the rooms were small and dark. I didn't even know they still made big bulky Zenith TV's, but these rooms had them. Old comforters and curtains. Didn't "feel" clean. One tiny little packet of shampoo and a tiny little bar of soap that broke when you tried to use it. Rooms did have a refrigerator, which was nice. They advertised breakfast with the room rate, but after seeing the room, we had low expectations. Good thing because the ONLY thing they had out for breakfast was a waffle iron. And I am not exaggerating. We ended up going to McDonalds.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank kls118
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel on our way to Charlotte,NC and decided on it since it was next to the gas station we stopped at and it was already past midnight. I knew of a couple of good value hotels that where farther off the exit in Sevierville but my wife wanted to go no farther. When she woke up the next morning she realized the mistake she made. There was no shampoo (good thing we had our own), no hair dryer, and all they have for breakfast is coffee, apple juice and a waffle iron. Our room had a spot in the ceiling over the shower that the drywall had split and looked like mold behind it. The bathroom door along with the room furniture and trim was rather beat up or even splintered at the edges. Read some of the other reviews, that about sums it up.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank rob h

Dear Rob H,

Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to write a review with us. I apologize for the issues you had encountered while staying. We will be sure to address these issues in the future so that we can better serve you.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

We got assigned to room 201 when we first arrived. Upon walking in the room, the room was over 100 degrees because the air conditioner was left off and the room smelled like a combination of vomit and another smell you can use your imagination on. We were hungry so we decided to go get some dinner and a can of Febreez to use while the room cooled down. When we returned a couple hours later, the room still smelled bad so we used the whole can of air freshener on the floor, curtains, and bed. We were able to kill the smell for the night. The next morning we went to Gatlinburg for a while and when we returned, the smell was back, I called the front desk and they gladly moved us to another room. When we moved we realized the new room didn't have a fridge and they allowed us to move the one from the first room down the hall to the ew one.

Room Tip: Room 201 has a bad odor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bill H

Dear Bill H,

I appreciate the fact that you shared your experience with us. I am concerned about the issues you had mentioned in your review. We do our best to provide an enjoyable experience. Unfortunately, we fell short. We will be sure to address the issues you mentioned with our housekeeping staff.

Americas Best Value Inn-Kodak, TN

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kodak
Quality Inn Interstate
Days Inn Kodak - Sevierville Interstate Smokey Mountains
Best Western Sevierville/Kodak Inn
Comfort Suites Kodak
Comfort Suites Kodak
#6 of 10 in Kodak
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kodak East-Sevierville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sevierville / Kodak

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!