“Great two night stay”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Kodak
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My name is Joan Skriker and I stayed in 122 for a few days vacation. My service was actually pretty good, and my room was actually homey feel. I also enjoyed the free wifi, the swimming pool, and relatively quiet setting I had during my stay. I would stay here again if I pass through Kodak TN again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
abvikodak, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2014

Dear Joan S,

Thank you for your response on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you again on future visits!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I come and stay at this location about once every year. I came by to stay a few days ago and was glad to see some improvements since the last time I visited. They still need to improve alot more. Some things such as the tv are outdated. but for the price you pay Its alright. They have a small breakfast consisting of juices, tea, coffee, and waffles. yes you have to make your own waffle but I have no problem with that, I understand that if i wanted better go to more upscale but my waffle tasted very good. There are other hotels around but i like this one for the price i get and the services is friendly. see you next year.

Room Tip: upstairs seems to be quieter as well as the front side away from the highway.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Bridget M

Dear Bridget M,

Allow me to personally thank you for staying with us each year. It is customers such as you which define our success in the lodging industry. We look forward to your visit each and every year. Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I can't believe anyone could rate this hotel anything over a 1. The "people" who rated higher must not have been true visitors in this hotel. It was very dirty and the customer service was less than acceptable. I've stayed in many types of hotels and this one won the "Worst Award" in my experience. Please choose a different hotel you will be grateful you did!!

Room Tip: Choose a different place to stay!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Chell H

Dear Chell H,

We appreciate your feedback regarding your visit. We understand that our accommodations may not meet the expectations of every traveler. However, we provide clean and "no frills" rooms at affordable prices. You did not mention anything specific in your review. I am not sure what did not met your standards.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We booked this room for one night. The room that we stayed in was disgusting! There were stains and cigarette burns on the sheets and the smell was terrible. We all slept in our clothes and shoes because it was so dirty. I don't think that the bathroom was ever cleaned after the last guest. The "breakfast" was pathetic!! Coffee, juice, and a make-it yourself waffle!! Then we accidentally left my daughters stuffed animal there along with her pillow. We called two times after we left and they said that they hadn't seen them. So, we stopped back by on the way home just to check one last time. I told the owner that the stuffed dog was sentimental to my daughter because it was given to her by her dead grandma. The owner actually said, "I don't care to hear your story" and that they hasn't seen anything. I found a housekeeper outside that said she found the items and put them on the nightstand. When I told the owner, she still said that it was not her problem and that we were "hard headed and dumb like all of their other guests!" She said that the room was now clean and that it may be in the dumpster!!

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank MichaelandCarrie

Dear MichaelandCarrie,

Thank you for posting a review with us. I am sorry that your daughters items were not found. The housekeeper was confused with another lost and found matter with another guest and thought that the items she had found belonged to you. We have a lost and found policy in place whenever we discover that a guest left an item behind. We felt that you spoke to our staff in a very rude and negative manner and do not feel that this was acceptable on your part.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Booked reservation online for 3 day stay. Sad to say I wish I had went elsewhere. Upon arrival we found out our microwave didnt work, I informed the manager at the front desk and he said he would get us another one....never happened.

Stayed 2 days (3 guests) and on the 2nd day asked for clean towels. I was told they didnt have any and may have some by 6pm. There are 130 rooms and only 6 are being occupied right now and....no towels???

The room is filthy dirty. The bedspreads obviously never washed, glad we brought our own. The beds are very comfortable though, very broken in.

The carpet looks awful, the bathroom walls are disgusting and dirt build up everywhere.

No coffee pot, alarm clock, hair dryer, etc. There is a refrigerator and a tv at least 15 years old.

The inside of the deak drawer has graphiti dating back to 1988 and the dinosaur telephone still says Motel 6.

The shower head is awful but i guess that doesnt matter to them as they dont provide the towels for a shower anyway.

No onsite laundry facilities, closest one is an awful 10 mile drive into tourist town Sevierville... (I was willing to go wash my towels)

This hotel is AWFUL!!!! Do not stay here!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014
6  Thank VAtoTN
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I rarely feel like I'm lead astray by Trip Advisor...but somehow this hotel received reviews that far exceeded my experience at this dive. The room we stayed in was not only NOT clean, there were cobwebs in the corners. They have those gross old floral bead spreads that you know are never washed. I had to go ask for an extra towel and was given one...although it was still damp. Not sure if the ventilation in the laundry room is just that terrible or if they just don't care.
I'm really surprised they have breakfast listed as an amenity as it consisted of coffee, juice and one of those waffle makers. That's it. Not even a piece of fruit to be seen.
We got a screaming deal on this room...which is a good thing. However as we left this dingy motel early the next morning and passed a Comfort Inn and several other, nicer looking options very close, I couldn't help but wish we'd paid a little more and gotten a better nights sleep.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank M L
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Had 3 rooms booked for 3 nights, had to leave one room prior to last night of stay because of death in family, talk with manager early to ask for refund she said its your bad luck we don't refund for anything, then said I sorry, I said yes I know u are & I well let everyone that I can know just how sorry u are. I wouldn't recommend this motel to anyone that like a clean bed or a good smelling room

Room Tip: don't get a room here or u will regret it...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business