“Barter or have your guide do it for you!”

Masaya Crafts Market
Book In Advance
More Info
US$85.00*
and up
Masaya Volcano and Handicraft Market Day Trip...
Ranked #5 of 16 things to do in Masaya
More attraction details
Owner description: Nicaragua Market is a small company that offers authentic Nicaraguan goods. We work closely to local artisans and the price you see is a reflection of our fair value after partnering with our artists. When you purchase Nicaragua Market products you are helping to ensure that the trade of local Nicaraguan artistry remains a viable small business.
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I really liked the ceramic and wooden bowls but wanted a good deal. My tour guide helped get the price down and I liked the people weren't too pushy... Unlike the children constantly begging for money after handing you a "free" homemade leaf ornament and it gets old quick!

All reviews
"tourist shops"
"good deal"
"for sale"

Reviewed 19 July 2014

The Masaya craft market is a typical craft market where they love to take advantage of tourist and you will be forced to negotiate your price. They are not very aggressive unlike other craft markets which is nice. They will invite you in to look but won't pull you like many other countries craft markets will.

The same crafts I found here, I typically find in other caribbean and central american destinations.

One great thing to pick up here and I personally did was a hammock. You should be able to get a hammock for $20 US or less and they are really well build. The market is fairly small and so it shouldn't take you long to walk it.

There is a wonderful restaurant located inside the market. I highly recommend it. I personally had a kabob and the meat and side dishes were phenomenal.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Perhaps we went on an off day, it was completely not crowded. Pretty sure we were the only shoppers there. Everyone was friendly and patient with our level of Spanish. Picked up a number of souvenirs, and smoothies!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I picked up a little art, my companion picked up some scarves, hammocks and other stuff. Felt very safe there, no hard sell. Interesting scene.

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I agree with other reviews about being pricey, but that doesn't take away the charm.
If you are looking for bargains and like to haggle, visit the old market which is a little further away, but be prepared to sweat and get muddy.
Masaya is the capital of Nicaraguan folklore, so you would find a lot of the same colorful items around town, and probably a lot less expensive.