“Friendly, helpful, spacious, comfortable”
Review of Madera's Inn

Madera's Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Masaya
Reviewed 17 October 2012

I found the family who runs the Maderas Inn to be very helpful, friendly, and honestly wanting to help travellers have a good experience of Masaya and Nicaragua. The rooms are spacious, with hanging space and fans and private bath. I was able to use the washing machine for a small charge, which was much appreciated. I had to be at the airport at 5 am, and was able to get a lift from the hotel - which I highly recommend. Best NOT to take a taxi, even if you are quoted a cheaper price.. Really enjoyed my stay here.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 8 which I really liked - no view, but was relatively quiet and was comfortable.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Talulah88

Reviewed 13 October 2012

I stayed here one night on my way to Maltagapa. The staff were friendly and very eager to practice their English and sell you one of their tours to the Volcano and Lagoon (turns out, it would have been a little cheaper and much less stressful if we had booked it with them rather than have done it on their own). They are also always willing to give suggestions on places to eat. The room was clean. Because it was low season, we got a free upgrade--I believe we may have been the only ones staying in the hotel. My one and only complaint was that the room was dark. It was clean but with very little natural lighting.

Overall, there is not much to do in Masaya that you couldn't do from Granada.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 March 2012

The family lives in it and it's also a hotel. Friendly atmosphere, friendly owners and staff. Can recommend.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank anitaInJocotepec
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I was a little nervous about this place after reading other reviews about it, but they must have been written by a pickier set. The rooms are big and have plenty of hanging space for clothes, the bathrooms are okay, and there's enough communal space upstairs. The rooms don't have much in the way of windows for views, some being interior rooms, but we weren't there to hang out in the room for the view anyway. The service is friendly. I have no complaints.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank astrokate
Reviewed 8 February 2012

We stayed one night at Madera's Inn. The people were very nice and accommodating. The breakfast was very good. I left behind an item of particular sentimental value and realized this a few hours after leaving the hotel. I called and, in very broken Spanish, tried to explain this to them. They don't speak English but we were able to establish that they did find my item and that they had set it aside in case I called. We went back and got it (luckily we were staying in Granada that night so it wasn't a big deal) - we really appreciated their accommodating this as I would have been devastated to see it go.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 December 2011

This place has basic rooms/bathrooms, but the price is right and the family who runs this place (Ana and her husband, son and daughter) is delightful. We had a basic room just off the kitchen area that had it's own bathroom and included bread/delicious coffee for breakfast. They can even pick you up at the airport in Managua if you'd like. They helped us get around town, took us to the Masaya volcano, advised us on the market and the Thursday night folkloric ballet there, to watch the sunset over Laguna Masaya from the Malecon, etc. If you need a place to stay in Masaya I'd definitely stay here!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sonhomeu
Reviewed 24 June 2011

I have stayed here twice: once with a friend and then once with my parents. The place is set up in a large house surrounding the dining room. It is a simple place, but clean and the people are very nice. The first time I stayed here I paid $25 for a double bed and a single with a fan (didn't need AC in January) and bathroom inside the room. The second time I stayed here I paid $35 for a room with 2 double beds, AC, cable TV, and a bathroom inside the room. There aren't very many options in Masaya, so this is a pretty good deal if you want something other than sharing a dorm. Also, in the morning there was coffee and a small assortment of breads. It wasn't enough for breakfast, but something small to get you going.

There are some problems with the internet because of all the concrete walls, but it works fine in the common areas. The water was cold, but it is in most places of Nicaragua.

Overall, compared to other options here, this is the best price for what you get.
Website: http://www.hotelmaderasinn.com/en/bienvenidos.php
Call about prices because both times I stayed here, the prices they quoted me at (and I paid) were cheaper than what was listed online.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank seetheworld032
Also consider these accommodations in or near Masaya
Hacienda Puerta Del Cielo Eco Spa
#46 of 50 in Managua
Hotel Central Masaya
Hotel Central Masaya
#12 of 20 in Masaya

Been to Madera's Inn? Share your experiences!