“Still Excellent”

St Kyrans Country House
Ranked #1 of 2 Virginia B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 June 2013

At last got to revisit St kyrans. Went for a meal on Wednesday evening and so lovely to be remembered from the last visit which was our wedding last year. They even managed to have our wedding song playing while we enjoyed a pre dinner drink.What a lovely thought.

We choose food from both menus and no problem mixing them . Yet again they could not do enough for us. Lots of other places could learn a thing from St kyrans.
The food was fantastic.All the extras make this a wonderful experience . The amuse bouche and petit fours were to die for and a lovely touch. The piece de resistence has to be the banana dessert. You have to try it.

Sorry to see Siobhan has moved on to another part of the world but the rest of the staff are great.
All that is left to St kyrans to do to improve is to control the weather but I am sure if that was in their power they would do it.The view is still great even with the rain. Swans swimming in the lake with 6 signets in tow and of course the horses. just like a picture postcard .

My best wishes go again to Patrick and Helena and congratulate them again on such a wonderfull experience. Looking forward to staying there again in the furure.

Room Tip: Choose a lake view .
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 June 2013

Called in on Friday for dinner without reservation. Excellent choice. We had the table d'hote and were not disappointed....lots of choice and food was delicious. Little touches like the amuse bouche and the homemade breads made it a wonderful evening. The view over the lake helped too! Will definitely be back

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I had booked a room at St. Kryans and had to cancel. Fortunately we had a change of plans and rebooked for May 19th thank goodness! I would have hated to miss such a lovely experience. We had dinner in the restaurant and we both agreed that our steaks were perfect. Helena and Patrick are wonderful hosts and their staff is exceptional. They even delivered dessert to our room later the evening. Loved the pony, Sam as well as Millie the dog. The lake view was perfect ans we would love to go back one day!
Lynn and Jim

Room Tip: Lake view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We stayed in a room with an amazing view on the lake.we had an amazing diner. Food is absolutely gorgeous. Great hospitality ownere are very welcoming we were so well looked after. Well worth a visit!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 4 May 2013

St. Kyran's is the nicest guest house I have ever seen in Ireland. Right on the shores of the lake, it is a stunning place with incredible staff and beautiful food. Helena and Patrick could not have been more helpful, going above and beyond expectations.

I heartily recommend St. Kyran's in beautiful Virginia.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 May 2013

We arrived in the afternoon on Saturday 27th April, We had a very quick change before heading out so didnt get to stay for dinner but the place was beautiful. Stunning views for our room, room was immaculate, bed was like sleeping on clouds. The next morning everyone in my group went down for breakfast but I decided to stay in bed and they sent my breakfast up to my room on a tray, I thought that was really nice and they went out of their way to be helpful. My father who is usually very fussy with food loved his breakfast as did everyone else. If the breakfast was that good we were very disappointed that we had missed the dinner. We will deffinately stay again. Thank you for the lovely hospitality.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view :)
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I liked the fact that the owner was waiting at the door for me when I arrived. My brother had googled places to stay in Virginia and telephoned to say I was on the way. Even though the kitchen was finished for the night the sandwich that I received was a work of art. I am only sorry I didn't take a photo of the plate. The bedroom was beautiful and the view of the lake when I pulled the curtins in the morning was fantastic.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Virginia
Lakeside Manor Hotel
Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort
Hotel Kilmore
Hotel Kilmore
#3 of 4 in Cavan

Been to St Kyrans Country House? Share your experiences!