“Value for money BUT needs to go back to basics!”
Review of Abe & Louie's - CLOSED

Abe & Louie's
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: European Cuisine Restaurant based in Virginia, Co. CavanWe are under new management as of late September, 2012.With our sylish decoration and sophistication served in every dish, your dining experience with us will be one to remember, and with our new menu and special offers on the way, it will make it easily affordable to relive your dining experience with friends and family!!OPENING HOURS Wednesday and Thursday 5-9. Friday and Saturday 5-10. Sunday 4-9. Early Bird Friday and Saturday 5-7, 2 courses 19.95 and 3 courses 22.95
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I can Romberg eating at the restaurant a number of times over the last two years, not sure if or how many times its changed owners or management? However, it very much eats like the quality has also changed.

I'm mean I loved eating here to be served authentic American style food. Lush is

markhearns, Manager at Abe & Louie's, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2013

Dear Jimmy,
On behalf of everyone at Abe Louie's I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on our restaurant. We appreciate the feedback and will pass this on to the team. We are sorry to hear that you felt that your time with us was only average. We urge you to come back to us for a better Abe Louie's experience. We are a European Cuisine Restaurant and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 21 June 2013

The decor is like your favourite grannys house and so inviting. The staff are amazing and very friendly and very quick to have a giggle with you. The Manager is sound and doesn't hide behind an office door, he's available to chat and is just another normal bloke. The chefs are cooking in an elevated kitchen that you can see from almost anywhere in the Restaurant, and they work very hard at preparing the delicious food. Nothing about this place is pretentious. The menu has something for everyone and it's all beautiful.

I can't recommend Abe & Louie's enough, I love it. It's very affordable, great prices for fantastic food and service. If your local or just passing through Virginia you should definitely stop here for a meal. They cater for couples, groups and families and are truly an amazing group of staff. I won't be going anywhere else for the forseeable future, I found my perfect Restaurant. Pure class.

1  Thank damo-emt1

Dear Damien,
Behalf of all team in Abe Louie's, Thank You very much for sharing Your positive experience and great words of support!
We were very happy and honored to welcome You in our Restaurant!
Looking forward to see You again any time soon!
Kind Regards,
Everyone at Abe Louies.

Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

What a lovely restaurant and a great waiter! However chewy prawns in warm olive oil with lumps of raw garlic is not nice (no sizzle no chilli or paprika) They were changed with no problem. First choice of main and wine not available however the lamb shank was great. The service and decor is great and made up for the sickening prawns.

Dear PaddywackDublin
All staff at Abe Louies would like to thank You for Your time to write a review! I would like to apologise for your disappointment in our prawns Pil Pil. In May we had a change over in food and wine menu hence some dishes and wines not available again I apologise for this. We are so delighted that You enjoyed our Lamb shank. Was great to have You in our restaurant. We hope to see You again in the near future! You are very welcome to visit us again. Best wishes.
Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 25 May 2013

Earlier this month myself and a few friends decided to go to this restaurant as we had heard many positive reviews. We arrived to a very warmly welcome by a wonderful young gentleman who showed us to our table, a few minutes later he returned to tell us what was not on the menu and I can tell you it wasn't just one or two. This is one of my pet hates in a restaurant I can see no excuses for this at all in a big town like Virginia and this was very early into service. Our waiter recommended an excellent wine which we thoroughly enjoyed. When our food did arrive eventually it looked amazing and tasted equally amazing. The desserts were a big let down. We would return again to give the kitchen a second chance, but our waiter was a big hit with our table possibly the best people skills I've seen. You enter the restaurant and you would not think you were on Main Street Virginia the decor is amazing.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

We ate tonight in Abe and Louie's, and were so disappointed. Food was bland and the waitresses were rude. We waited almost an hour for our starters and it was only chicken wings. We had duck and it was served without sauce or the chutney which was on the menu. When we sent it back we overheard the barman complaining that we had sent it back. Very disappointing meal, won't be going back.

Dear SlPoppy,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our
restaurant. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could
have been.
I would like to apologize on behalf of the all team.
Warmest Regards,