“A great family friendly spot”

Arboretum Your Home & Garden Heaven
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Welcome to Arboretum Your Home and Garden Heaven Commitment to excellence in customer service, high quality products, unbeatable choice and value for money has earned the Arboretum Home and Garden Heaven the coveted title of National Company of the Year 2016 by Retail Excellence Ireland. Based in Co. Carlow on a ten acre site, this family run business is a complete shopping experience with a Five Star award winning garden centre plus interior furnishings, a kitchen Store, fashion outlet, pet zone and home to the award winning Rachel's Garden Café. The Arboretum has also attracted other well-known brands to the centre joining forces with the Edinburgh Woollen Mill and ISE Garden and Forest Equipment which adds to its offering. An entire day can be devoted to just visiting the Arboretum so take some time out and relax with friends and family in the famous Rachel's Garden Café and treat yourself to some of its signature dishes made with the very best local Irish produce. The delicious tempting desserts are all made on the premises and customers' special dietary needs are catered for with gluten, sugar or dairy free options. There is a full children's menu with a playground and maze adjacent in the gardens to keep the little ones entertained. A trip to Arboretum is like no other so pop in store today We look forward to welcoming you!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Dublin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great family friendly spot”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I love the restaurant at the Arboretum, it's super buggy friendly because there's no shortage of space and there's enough variety of food to get a dinner to suit my toddler, my husband and me - although the selection of cakes are so tempting I could happily skip straight to them! The garden and shop are great for a browse - although very tempting to always buy a little something cos they have such lovely stuff.

1 Thank NatCarlow

Cork, Ireland
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 154 helpful votes
“Appallingly rude staff member ruined my experience.”
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

This is a huge garden centre/lifestyle centre/pet shop/inspirational gardens.
It is seriously expensive but has lovely stuff.
My problems started in the restaurant.
It is without doubt the worst run restaurant I've ever been in.
Carvery had no trays and not enough plate covers and I had to wait with two dinners already served while someone looked for covers and a tray. An elderly gentleman behind me asked for a half portion dinner and was rather brusquely refused.
The man at the till was one of the rudest I've ever encountered in a restaurant - lady in front of me had difficulty with her credit card and he wanted her to move on, he crumpled up my receipt and threw it on the floor and I had to ask for it and then discovered he hadn't charged my tray correctly.
There was insufficient cutlery and no glasses for water.
The food itself was good.
Will not be returning.

2 Thank Redsionnach
Doyler79, Owner at Arboretum Your Home & Garden Heaven, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Dear Redsionnach,
We were very disappointed to hear of your poor experience in Arboretum on Sunday last. We pride ourselves on delivering an exceptional standard of service to all our customers, in-store, in our gardens and in our restaurant, Rachel's Cafe and so we were disappointed that we failed to deliver such a service to you.
We were proudly awarded the Best Casual Dining Experience in Carlow and providing a good customer experience is paramount to us at Arboretum as a result we welcome all feedback from customers, good and bad. Please rest assured that we have taken steps with the staff members in question to ensure that such an incident never re-occurs and that our customer service standards at Arboretum are a top priority for all staff.
If you would like to contact us directly we would love to arrange a complementary voucher for you to use in our restaurant so you can get a true experience of what Arboretum is all about.
ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“A days entertainment, great garden centre and restaurant”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Just a very nice place to visit, great variety from shops to restaurant with good food and service, and great garden centre

Wexford
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“A blaze of colour”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

The arboretum is fully wheelchair friendly with a large bathroom that is easy to move around. The restaurant has good value food and you can always forget that diet and have one of their excellent cakes or gateaux.
The garden centre has everything for the gardener and whilst they are not the cheapest their quality cannot be faulted. Today is a holiday in Ireland and the car park speaks volumes for the popularity of the Arboretum.

2 Thank BirdingTraveller
Carlow, Ireland
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“On Spec”
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Went for a coffee here, the cakes are fantastic a bit pricey tho! Lovely atmosphere, friendly staff very clean restaurant and plenty of choice. The gardens are great even if you just want a walk around. Loads of choice in bedding, flowers. Great.

Visited May 2013